Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 25th July 2017, 20:03   #46
BHPian

Default Re: How to Clean the Engine Bay ?

Thought I should share this video on how to clean the engine bay on this thread. Also illustrates many misktakes people might be making during the cleaning/detailing process.

Though many may consider cleaning the engine bay a waste of time given the Indian road conditions, some of us still like it spanking clean.

Tanmay K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 23:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: How to Clean the Engine Bay ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay K View Post
Thought I should share this video on how to clean the engine bay on this thread. Also illustrates many misktakes people might be making during the cleaning/detailing process.
The video you linked involves lot of wastages. He tells you to use microfibers to sop up the dirt, once any grease/gunk gets on it, you cannot use it again despite washing. You'll have to bin them. Using 10-15 microfibers to wash an engine bay is wasteful IMO.

This is a pragmatic approach to cleaning an engine bay

Once the engine is squeaky clean, I use a regimen similar to below video for maintenance washes, except I dont use any dressing.

For the proof of pudding, I have shared pictures of my engine bay here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4218136 (Life with a Red Mitsubishi Cedia)
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote