Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 23rd June 2007, 02:45   #16
BHPian

Dont worry Jassi, as you said its your first car. Its a learning experience. We've all made our share of mistakes. Anyways, since now you're a member on Team-BHP, you can look up any furthur issues you might have. People on this community are way more helpful than most 'service advisors'.
Deepz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2007, 08:32   #17
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to say but you've been taken for a jolly good ride.
RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2007, 09:17   #18
BHPian

Underbody anti rust treatment on a Santro costs Rs 1250 in Jabalpur two years ago, with 3 years warranty.
squarecut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2007, 09:17   #19
BHPian

Thumbs up

Thanks Deepz/All,

In the last 1.5 yrs I have done lotsa things like change to alloys and wider tires as well as got a cat-back exhaust, etc. And I am sure I have paid 4-5% more bcos I wanted it from a reliable source, but I never thought the service centre guys of all people would take me for a ride
Well I can look at it positively and think of it as a learning experience and know for sure this wont happen again with my next car as well as be able to advise my friends. Besides I am planning to do a few mods like automech exhaust and K&N univ filter and for all these things I have already been looking on tbhp for a month gathering info. This definitely is a good source of info and you ppl have been very helpful

cheers,
j
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 06:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

The guys have really taken you for a ride !!!!

Out of the 4 items : engine lacquering & a/c neutralizing is 100% cheating.

And the under chasis coating for Santro from Dupont with 5 years warranty costs only Rs.2000.
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 09:15   #21
BHPian

well looking at the posts is making me think. Have a 3 yrs 8 months old santro. I am from Mumbai, should i get the underbody antirsut coating done?
mainak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 11:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

asap, thats a must for rainy areas and where flooding occurs. I got it done after 4 years of running.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 12:01   #23
BHPian

Smile

Hey Mainak,

Make sure you get a good price on this - from this thread i have learnt it is needed for coastal areas. I paid 3750 plus taxes, but ppl have indicated it can go as low as 2k (dupont). Try and get it done from a trusted source. The way to verify if its done is by checkin on ur underbody or near wheel arches for a brownish coating. Also insist on the coating being properly dried (verify urself by checking if dry) and a see if they do a double coat. Lastly you can ask for a multi year guarantee (hyundai gave me 5 yrs guarantee).

Good luck and dont get fooled into too much of an expense like me negotiate and get a good deal

Cheers,
j
Old 25th June 2007, 13:59   #24
BHPian

oh thnx jassi for the same. Would check up with the hyundai showrrom close to me.
Old 25th June 2007, 14:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Carry out paid service, general checkup, fluids like wiper fluid and engine oil replacement (servo20wd i think) - 2400rs
What !!! now they started charging for wiper fluids also ?

I think there should be an itemised bill & not a general one including everything in one package. Insist on one & check with the MRPs on each oil etc that they claim to have changed. Just let them know that you know your stuff & your math.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 14:53   #26
BHPian

" 4) highly recommended under chasis coating for corrosion, which i have been avoiding since first free service - 4250rs."

3M charges 3000Rs for this.
zoombiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 15:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

I think so now you have canceled your plan for these expences.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2007, 16:53   #28
BHPian

@ajaybiz
if ur talking about me, i surely think would get it done fast.
Old 25th June 2007, 17:57   #29
BHPian

Wink

ajaybiz, if u are asking me, i have spent the amount already. I may not need this stuff here in bangalore but my car is ready for coastal areas now for sure

cheers,
j
Old 26th June 2007, 12:18   #30

Hmm,i myself being an advaith hyundai customer can understand jassi's problems...I have had 1 free services done and was being constantly bugged for all these optionals when i have given it for servicing(they hardly asked what is wrong with my car but kept asking about optionals)..the last time i fell in their trap n did that 4k corrosion coating(they said the sooner i do it the better)..In any case,free servicing for them seems to be nothing more than a car wash.I gave my car for service at around 11 am and got back my car before 2 pm(with the corrosion coating done)..dunno how they manage it..This time i m planning to avoid anything extra...
veeraj is offline   Reply With Quote