Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 27th September 2007, 18:27   #16

omg, i am not going for LPG in my NHC anymore...
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 19:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Atleast manufacturers like Maruti will not play around with LPG if they are not sure on its safety.
IMO, it is not a car manufacturer who knowingly 'plays around with LPG' or safety.
More important is the UPKEEP. People seem unable to get basic maintenance done, and get far too much needless tinkering/modificaton done to their cars by their friendly local mechanic.
Ever notice the number of fairly 'new' cars (on Delhi roads) that are going around with tail light/s not working, or with brake lights switched with parking lights, or flasher lights (amber) interchanged with brake lights, and other such permutations? I'm completely mystified at how this happens.
anupmathur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 20:25   #18

Isnt there a way to detect the Gas leak?
We get gas leakage sensors for homes? Cant something like that be installed within the car itself?
amohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2007, 22:35   #19

there are soo many instances of ferraris and lambos catching fire. i'm quite sure they weren't running on LPG!! why the fire then?????

fuels cause fire. its that simple. have there been no cases of cars catching fire when the fuel lines leaked?? i don't know why people are so stuck up about LPG. its cleaner and cheaper. its just as dangerous as any other fuel.

a properly maintained LPG car would run just fine. try to cut corners with cheaper kits and your asking for trouble.
flipsyde is online now   Reply With Quote