Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 25th June 2007, 18:20   #16
Team-BHP Support

Or else if everything else fails here is a desi jugaad to find the source. Since you say it happens only when you wash the car we can probably be sure that the washing water is seeping in. Do something, ask someone to sit inside the car, doors locked, glasses up. That is to say the way your car normally is when you wash it. Now take a pipe, bucket or whatever you use and start the wash routine. Ask the person inside to keep a watch. Once the carpet starts getting wet the person inside will also know from where it is coming in. Whether its the door beading or the window glass or some plug on the floor.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 11:34   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Or else if everything else fails here is a desi jugaad to find the source. Since you say it happens only when you wash the car we can probably be sure that the washing water is seeping in. Do something, ask someone to sit inside the car, doors locked, glasses up. That is to say the way your car normally is when you wash it. Now take a pipe, bucket or whatever you use and start the wash routine. Ask the person inside to keep a watch. Once the carpet starts getting wet the person inside will also know from where it is coming in. Whether its the door beading or the window glass or some plug on the floor.
I think I should try this.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2007, 11:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
2) Once you open the door there are two drain holes in the rear door, check if they are clogged.
I havnt checked this. Is it possible drain holes in rear door can cause of water lodging in floor ?
pawan_pullarwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 15:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

any updates. Could you find out the real problem?
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2007, 23:57   #20
BHPian

guys sorry for being off the topic but my 1.6 sport(2006 model) seems to have water seeping through the floor. the floor mat is completely soggy and its not that I am driving through pot holes or water logged roads.

My drive to office is just 4 km via palm beach to vashi has anyone else over here faced such problem?

Mod's Note: Please run a search on the board before you post a query. Do not post in irrelevant threads. post moved.

Last edited by Zappo : 6th August 2007 at 00:09.
fight_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 15:22   #21
BHPian

Default Water logging In Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Once you open the door there are two drain holes in the rear door, check if
I am also facing the same problem with my aveo. Sometime back i have submitted a post also.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post824384 (Leaking Getz - weird issue - solved)

Is drain holes in rear door can cause this problem, i haven't checked that till now.
kavu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 17:13   #22
Team-BHP Support

A similar issue was reported in a getz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
try this test.

light a couple of bad quality agarbathis, the kind which smoke real heavy.

use a steel plate cos you dont wanna drop the ash anywhere.

get all the windows up.

take agarbathi inside and slowly move it around the entire car.

someone is to stand outside and note where the smoke leaks out from.

you got the problem spots...
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 06:07   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Check the beading on the roof...the ones which can be removed to allow the roof rails to be attached.A lot of times the metal below the beadings gets rusted and cracks and water can seep through.If this happens you will find the rear footwells wet.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 17:26   #24
BHPian

Does a palio 1.2 have drain plugs on the floor...apart from the ones at the bottom of the doors.

The rear carpet of mine is totally wet and I need to dry it out while i trace the culprit. (it is not the ac drain). Trying to figure out if it is a beading or if it will happen if the door drain plug is missing

But i need to get the car dry before it starts getting moldy. Suggestions welcome.
genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 18:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

If you are finding this after rain then it might be due to the drain tank below the WS getting clogged, had a similar problem.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 20:16   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
If you are finding this after rain then it might be due to the drain tank below the WS getting clogged, had a similar problem.
How do I get to the drain tank below the WS (window sill?)
genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 21:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

genesis, sorry for confusing.. i meant "Windshield". the mechs put the car on the ramp and checked from beneath, i guess the drain pipe was clogged.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2015, 12:27   #28
BHPian

Default M800 Backseat staying wet in Monsoons ? - Resolved

Mods - not sure if this needs a different thread. I tried looking for a single place where M800 issues/ Resolutions are mentioned. But couldnt find one.
Please move to appropriate thread if needed.

I had this issue in 2005-2006. Dont have any photos, but the issue is so weird that it may help others so thought worth writing it up.

One monsoon when my M800 back seat was always wet in monsoons. No water was seen anywhere else. As soon as you sit on the seat your clothes would get wet. and you could feel the dampness in the seats.

Tried searching for leakages in the doors, boot door but none. Tried sitting in the car at a car wash when the water was being blown at full pressure but not a single drop came in.

On investigating further( a lot of investigation), figured out a weird thing. The left side tail light had a crack and water was getting in from there . This was getting into the body and the seat was soaking this up and keeping wet. So we were not able to see the water anywhere in the car at all earlier.

Just replaced the tail light and the problem went off. . struggled for 2-3 months before we could figure this out but was an interesting issue to solve. got a doubt on the tail light only when it started to change color from inside.
ShaileshHinge is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote