Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 14th July 2008, 22:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

It your matiz from the Spice editon /
My distant relatives had Spice edition Matiz and they faced overheating problems.

They had to replace the compressor and it was OK again.

Sorry dont know the cost of the repairs.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 23:15   #32
Senior - BHPian

The Matiz has a low-speed and a high-speed fan setting, both controlled by relays. The High-speed setting comes on whenever the Ac is switched on. If the relay is defective, the fan continues to operate on low-speed mode, and sooner or later is inadequate to cool the engine with AC load. Check and change the relay (could be even loose in its socket, or has floss/rust in its contacts). You will detect the problem immediately if you stand by the fan and have the Ac switched on - if fan continues in its same speed, the high-speed mode is not geing activated.

I have had his problem a few timesin my Matiz and the relay was always the problem.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 23:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Check the HT wires connecting the distributor to spark plugs.
Old 16th July 2008, 15:03   #34

Hi Arun & Kumar,
Thanks for the information.
I bought Mando Distributer which seems to be defective.My Mechanic checked it with new spark plugs and new wires (connecting spark plugs to the distributer).But no use.The Shopkeeper (National Auto in Pune) gave another Distributer.Which also shows the same simtoms.So Mechanic told that it could be a Manufacturers defect and it could be with the entire lot.He asked to get the Distributer from different dealer.The Shopkeeper informed that he was in touch with one dealor and he agreed to return the Money.
MY mechanic is arranging the distributer from Mumbai Supplier.In a day or two he will get it and install the distributer.I saw the distributer provided by the mechanic to another Matiz ownner.It seems to be a genuine but no name or Numbers on it.I can i ensure that the part fitted by Mechanic be a original one.

My problem here is no other shops has the Original Distributer.All says they have China model which costs 1900 but no guarentee.They will get the Mando ina day or two. Is Mando is the only Genuine Sapare part? Please give your suggestions.

Regards,
Kishore.
Kchittilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 16:43   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchittilla View Post
Hi Arun & Kumar,
Thanks for the information.
I bought Mando Distributer which seems to be defective.My Mechanic checked it with new spark plugs and new wires (connecting spark plugs to the distributer).But no use.The Shopkeeper (National Auto in Pune) gave another Distributer.Which also shows the same simtoms.So Mechanic told that it could be a Manufacturers defect and it could be with the entire lot.He asked to get the Distributer from different dealer.The Shopkeeper informed that he was in touch with one dealor and he agreed to return the Money.
MY mechanic is arranging the distributer from Mumbai Supplier.In a day or two he will get it and install the distributer.I saw the distributer provided by the mechanic to another Matiz ownner.It seems to be a genuine but no name or Numbers on it.I can i ensure that the part fitted by Mechanic be a original one.

My problem here is no other shops has the Original Distributer.All says they have China model which costs 1900 but no guarentee.They will get the Mando ina day or two. Is Mando is the only Genuine Sapare part? Please give your suggestions.

Regards,
Kishore.

Kishore,

I feel your mechanic is taking you for a ride. Mando is indeed the orignal spare for the Matiz, there cant be a mass error on distributor's you've sourced, Pls get your car checked with any authorised dealer.

Electrical problems are best sorted out by A S Centres.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 10:29   #36

Hi Kadam,
Can you give me more info about these A S centres. Are they any in Pune?

Thanks,
Kchittilla
Old 17th July 2008, 15:26   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchittilla View Post
Hi Kadam,
Can you give me more info about these A S centres. Are they any in Pune?

Thanks,
Kchittilla
Dude,

Give me time. i'll look into my manual and let you know.

cheers
Old 21st February 2011, 18:17   #38

Default Matiz Engine overheating, and radiator running dry

Hi Friends,
I have Matiz SG 2000 model and 58k on odo.Recently i am facing few problems. My engine is vibrating a lot now a days and Radiator water getting evaporated after every 90-100 km drive and engine getting over heated if i dont notice it on Dash board.I went to a mechanic. He cleaned the air filter, fuel passage pipes and adjested the Delco. But still i feel the vibration. My mechanic checked the engine oil and informed that it seems like water is mixing with engine oil through some leak in the Inlet Manifold and hence there is a vibration in engine.So he is suggesting to get the inlet manifold checked and also the fuel injecters cleaned, head nneds to be opened and the packing needs to be checked.
I am not sure whether he is giving right information or not. Can any one suggest if you people have similar issue.I got my fuel injecters cleaned 3 years ago and i drove for 15k KM after that.My engine oil is getting dirty. Is this a reason for engine getting heated?
hv kumar and others please suggest if you have any ideas to rectify the problem.

Regards,
Kishore.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st February 2011 at 18:58. Reason: Please search and post in appropriate sub sections. Thanks
Old 21st February 2011, 19:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Matiz Engine getting over heated and Water in radiater getting evaporated frequen

The most common reasons I can think off right now would be

1 - Blown Head-gasket
2 - Radiator Fan not working
3 - Leaking water pump
4 - Leaky radiator hose
5 - Clogged radiator
6 - Thermostat

Isolate them one by one, you can get to the root of the problem. And please change the engine oil if your car has run for long without an oil change.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 21st February 2011 at 19:42.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 20:00   #40
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Matiz Engine getting over heated and Water in radiater getting evaporated frequen

I agree with rjstyles69.

so please take the vehicle to the good mechanic and get it checked.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 20:01   #41
BHPian

kchittila - rjstyles gave you the most potential possibilities, please take it to a good mechanic, also get a second opinion from reliable sources

At any cost, please dont take the car onto long drives or dont even drive at all until the issue is fixed completely.

a word of caution: driving on the overheated engine can cause engine failure and potential engine work/repair/replacement. Please refer to some other threads on engine replacement (accent, alto etc) in the 'Technical Stuff' where your thread also exists

keep us posted

all the best
narayanang76
narayanang76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 09:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

The Inlet Manifold in the Matiz is bad news, I have had coolant leaks there 3-4 times, had to fix it by removing it and refixing the adhesive. But the water never got mixed up with the engine oil, so inlet manifold cannot be the reason for your problem.

Hoses are old, there can be loss of oil there. Plus the radiator as has been mentioned by rjstyles69.

I think you must visually identify the source of the oil leak before you proceed. Oil leakage always leaves a trace unlike coolant water which evaporates fast (but even the, it leaves behind green residues).

I don't know where you source parts, but nowadays I find more used parts coming from the Kurla market than genuine new parts, which are supposed to be sold out of Lamington Road in Bombay.,
Old 22nd February 2011, 09:35   #43
BANNED

Blown Head gasket is the first issue. Only in such case you will have water mixing with engine oil. And the vibration is only because of Water entering the combustion chamber.

1) Remove the head, replace with a new head gasket kit
2) Change the inlet manifold packing,
3) Change the exhaust manifold packing,
4) Replace timing belt,
5) Get your radiator serviced
6) Get the injectors cleaned

All the above could cost you anywhere between Rs.4500/- to Rs 8500/- All inclusive.
Old 22nd February 2011, 10:55   #44

Hi All,
Thanks you all for your valuable suggestions.I will check these things with my Mechanic and update the thread once the issue is fixed.

Thanks you all,
Kishore.
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:04   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
1 - Blown Head-gasket
2 - Radiator Fan not working
3 - Leaking water pump
4 - Leaky radiator hose
5 - Clogged radiator
6 - Thermostat
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
1) Remove the head, replace with a new head gasket kit
2) Change the inlet manifold packing,
3) Change the exhaust manifold packing,
4) Replace timing belt,
5) Get your radiator serviced
6) Get the injectors cleaned
Also please check your Car's Engine , Gearbox mountings as they might have gone weak/bust causing the vibrations.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote