Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th July 2007, 11:03   #1
Team-BHP Support

Default noise and vibration

when a take a right turn in my getz above 70kmph. the steering wheel starts vibrating and there is some noise. this also happens if a go in a circle above 20 kmph. send it for a service a few days ago and they were supposed to do wheel alignment and balancing. any ideas guys?
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 11:08   #2
BANNED

Hi,

Its either something fouling in your suspension or your wheel alignement is out.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 11:13   #3

If the noise has not disappeared after wheel alignment / balancing

1. Is the noinse and vibration observed only when the steering is at its extreme right position? if this is the case it could be a problem with the wheel bearing on one or both of the front wheels.
2. Similar problems are noticed with matuti 800s that have doen considerable years of flogging. In their case the noise and vibration is due to worn out joints on the font drive axles (being front wheel drive cars)

the answers to these questions could throw some light as to the real cause of the irritant.
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 11:14   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

Its either something fouling in your suspension or your wheel alignement is out.

Viper
but ive only noticed it after we put on the exhaust. i think itll be something to do with the suspension since the alignment was supposed to be done.

what if i put on the spare wheel and try it?
Old 5th July 2007, 11:19   #5

How old is your Getz? How much beating has it taken? As Viper says, it could be someting fouling with your suspension ... do you notice the noise when the steering is turned to its extreme right position at any speed?
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 14:01   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry View Post
How old is your Getz? How much beating has it taken? As Viper says, it could be someting fouling with your suspension ... do you notice the noise when the steering is turned to its extreme right position at any speed?
its 1.5 years old and has done 15k kms. not ben driven badly at all. this used to happen when i went around a circle above 20kmph but tday when i took a medium right turn at 70 the same thing started. willl get it checked in a bit.
Old 5th July 2007, 14:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
its 1.5 years old and has done 15k kms. not ben driven badly at all. this used to happen when i went around a circle above 20kmph but tday when i took a medium right turn at 70 the same thing started. willl get it checked in a bit.
I have a Getz of similar vintage. I am sure your car feels as good as new.

Did you by any chance bend one of the wheel rims or bump the suspension while driving over a pothole recently?
risga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2007, 20:10   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
I have a Getz of similar vintage. I am sure your car feels as good as new.

Did you by any chance bend one of the wheel rims or bump the suspension while driving over a pothole recently?
nope. but ive gone to 120 on a straight and its fine. only when i turn the vibration and noise start.