Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2013, 14:46   #1516
Senior - BHPian
 
Desmosedici's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,378
Thanked: 402 Times
Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

@Vandit. Contact BHPian Pranavt. He is well versed in modding the honda citys and is from Mumbai. he should be able to do it or provide some leads. check out his threads on the modifications. He is the expert.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2013, 10:48   #1517
BHPian
 
baddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: chennai
Posts: 79
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

@blackrival: One of the most influencing components that cause Vehicle pull are the tyres. You will be surprised to know how much an improperly worn or completely bald tyre can contribute to pull. For example, when i bought my 2001 1.5 Exi, it was running super bald 195 width tyres, and it used to keep darting and pulling with minor road undulations and otherwise keep pulling to right. The problem completely stopped with a fresh set of tyres. how old are your tyres? If your tyres are fine then have your cross camber and cross caster values checked at a professional W/A centre. The 1st gen honda city has toe adjustment at the rear too, if this is not set properly, it could lead to pull as well.

Also, do you notice the steering wheel off centered to the right when the cars pulling to the right??
baddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2013, 12:53   #1518
BHPian
 
BLACKRiVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 57
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddy View Post
@blackrival: One of the most influencing components that cause Vehicle pull are the tyres. You will be surprised to know how much an improperly worn or completely bald tyre can contribute to pull. For example, when i bought my 2001 1.5 Exi, it was running super bald 195 width tyres, and it used to keep darting and pulling with minor road undulations and otherwise keep pulling to right. The problem completely stopped with a fresh set of tyres. how old are your tyres? If your tyres are fine then have your cross camber and cross caster values checked at a professional W/A centre. The 1st gen honda city has toe adjustment at the rear too, if this is not set properly, it could lead to pull as well.

Also, do you notice the steering wheel off centered to the right when the cars pulling to the right??
Tyres are good except the right side tyre is going bald outwards due to the pull. Computer alignment has been done many times. The steering is in the center too.
BLACKRiVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2013, 18:14   #1519
BHPian
 
ankitahuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon & Delhi
Posts: 881
Thanked: 46 Times
Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
Tyres are good except the right side tyre is going bald outwards due to the pull. Computer alignment has been done many times. The steering is in the center too.
So your busted suspension ate up/spoilt your front right tyre and possibly caused uneven wear (hard to make out normally).

Why don't you simply replace the front right tyre with your spare and check.
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2013, 18:23   #1520
BHPian
 
BLACKRiVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 57
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post

So your busted suspension ate up/spoilt your front right tyre and possibly caused uneven wear (hard to make out normally).

Why don't you simply replace the front right tyre with your spare and check.
Yeah today I will replace the tyre and rule out that possibility
BLACKRiVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 10:20   #1521
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 184
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Hi guys! New member here.

I managed to lay my hands on a real golden egg: a silver May 2003 Vtec that's done only 27000 kms! The car looks like it just came out of the showroom. I want to post my story about it. Please advise in which forum section to post in. I couldn't find a relevant section.
bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 11:00   #1522
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 226
Thanked: 194 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
Hi guys! New member here.

I managed to lay my hands on a real golden egg: a silver May 2003 Vtec that's done only 27000 kms! The car looks like it just came out of the showroom. I want to post my story about it. Please advise in which forum section to post in. I couldn't find a relevant section.
Wow congrats !!! I m jealous how much did you get for ? And pics please
Frontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 12:36   #1523
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 184
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 15th April 2013 at 15:11.
bowser is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 8th April 2013, 12:12   #1524
BHPian
 
BLACKRiVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 57
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

For an update, replaced front tyres with rear ones and my mechanic services some parts of the suspensions like axel. Did an alignment too and now the car is pulling towards left. Dont know what to do.
BLACKRiVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 14:40   #1525
BHPian
 
t3ofil4us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Navi mumbai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 7 Times
Smile Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Hey People,

I just bought a 2002 Mark II Old Honda City 1.5 EXI Model in Naples GOLD color, done 96K KMS on the ODO in a good condition for 1.2L.

The Car already sports 14" alloys from 69 racing wheels and Apollo accelere 180R14 tubeless tires which are fairly new.

I had to get the insurance renewed and a patch on the right side rear quarter panel had to be painted , the dent was already removed.Power window motors on the front windows(both) had to be replaced as they failed to crank even after the fuses were replaced.

I am the fourth owner, would you say its a fair deal?

There is absolutely no noise from any part of the car as i had checked it with the help of my trusted mechanic.

I am on the lookout for the power window control panel on the driver side as the switch for the co-driver seat blows the fuse whenever used, (currently disconnected and used only from the co-drivers side which is a royal pain when I park the car and have to stretch like a cat to reach the damn switch) and also the boot mounted spoiler.
Any pointers would be welcome.
Cheers,
t3ofil4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 15:17   #1526
BHPian
 
BLACKRiVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 57
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Hello t30fil4us, I saw an OHC near my residence, 2001 3rd owner, alloys, ffe, short ram intake for 85000. I have driven the car and it feel good too. You paid a little more it seems.
BLACKRiVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 15:28   #1527
BHPian
 
t3ofil4us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Navi mumbai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
Hello t30fil4us,
.... You paid a little more it seems.
I checked the price with multiple mechanics and dealers, who agree it's a steal.I'm just glad i got the car i have been yearning for right since i played NFS Underground I.
t3ofil4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 10:06   #1528
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 184
Thanked: 178 Times
Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ofil4us View Post
I checked the price with multiple mechanics and dealers, who agree it's a steal.I'm just glad i got the car i have been yearning for right since i played NFS Underground I.
I think you got it for a good price. Most ads I see for OHC are around 2 lacs.
bowser is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 11:25   #1529
Senior - BHPian
 
KSM-Vtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MH-02-India-Bombay-Bandra
Posts: 1,563
Thanked: 437 Times
Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Hey guys we have just started a whatsapp OHC group only for OHC related off topic discussions. PM me your number if you would like to be on that group.
KSM-Vtec is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 11:57   #1530
BHPian
 
t3ofil4us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Navi mumbai
Posts: 48
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
I think you got it for a good price. Most ads I see for OHC are around 2 lacs.
True, that's i one of the reasons i bought the car for the price, Even though it is not a VTEC, I love the way the Car feels, pure exhilaration when i drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Hey guys we have just started a whatsapp OHC group only for OHC related off topic discussions. PM me your number if you would like to be on that group.
Help ,I'm a newbie. Can't PM
t3ofil4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4th Gen Honda City i-VTEC Manual - 1st year ownership report tejas08 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 41 5th October 2015 21:18
1st-gen Honda City: Adjustable Coilovers, Raceconcepts intake + exhaust and more bhuvan_prasad Modifications & Accessories 15 15th January 2015 20:02
DIY: 1st-Gen Honda City Door Panel Removal bowser DIY - Do it yourself 5 30th October 2014 00:18
Things I need to specifically look for in a 1st-gen Honda City Vtec Rice_tuner Sedans 8 16th June 2008 19:52
honda city (new) (old) and mitsubishi lancer fuel efficiency devarshi84 The Indian Car Scene 3 19th July 2005 12:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:31.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks