Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 8th June 2013, 22:20   #1621
BHPian

Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
Replace the left side axel.
Do you know how much this might cost? Is there any way to repair instead of replace? A local mechanic said the problem is with the driveshaft. Did he mean the same thing?
bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2013, 23:51   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
Do you know how much this might cost? Is there any way to repair instead of replace? A local mechanic said the problem is with the driveshaft. Did he mean the same thing?
I have always got them refurbished by my mechanic. Second hand cost around 800rs @ CST ROAD Kurla.
BLACKRiVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 12:13   #1623
BHPian

Angry Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
You could probably get the motor refurbished instead of putting a new one.
To repair it will cost around 1500 or so.
Looks like i will have to do just that.

I called Shetty Motors and asked for the availability and rate of the DENSO motor which is currently installed on my car (apparently there are different brands for the motors).. he quoted around 5500 or 6000 for the motor!! But that was not all.. when i asked him about any warranty... he claimed they sold only original motors BUT.. NO WARRANTY or GUARANTEE!

I was really surprised with this answer.. if it's an original DENSO motor, what's the problem with a normal warranty?
Vandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 12:15   #1624
BHPian

Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
Got my Vtec a shiny new pair of Tail Lights at 2700 a pair, EZDENSO Taiwan. Got a spare old one which I can pass on, let me know if any of you need it. It will fit all Type 2s.
Is it the left side or right side tail light? my right side tail light has chipped at the bottom corner.
Vandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 12:19   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post

Is it the left side or right side tail light? my right side tail light has chipped at the bottom corner.
Unfortunately its the left side.
OHCVtec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2013, 16:30   #1626
BHPian

Just wondering, what effort would be required to convert the remaining 3 power windows to have the one touch up/down function?
Old 17th June 2013, 09:21   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Just wondering, what effort would be required to convert the remaining 3 power windows to have the one touch up/down function?
I think you will need to get a sensor from the auto up window and attach them to the other 3 window winders.
You will also need to get 6 of them 2 stage window switches.
Sprucegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 22:46   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
I think you will need to get a sensor from the auto up window and attach them to the other 3 window winders.
You will also need to get 6 of them 2 stage window switches.
So it's just a matter of a sensor? The whole window motor/winder doesn't need to be changed?
Old 17th June 2013, 23:24   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
So it's just a matter of a sensor? The whole window motor/winder doesn't need to be changed?
I don't think so...
It's the same mechanism with the same motor, but it just has a different 2 stage switch and a cut off sensor.

I had asked a window guy once, he said the sensors and switches needed to be fitted and it should work, but he said he'd have to experiment on it to get it to work.
Sprucegoose is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 23:52   #1630
BHPian

Friends today I noticed pool of water on the floor carpets (bout 2 liters) on the front seat. As I left our building main gate the water moved into front over my slippers and I was shocked. Since last few days I ve been askibg driver why such stinky smell in the car - now I see it why. I guess either its leaking somewhere in the watrt filled streets water got in through doors. Any pointers how I can locate it? And is there a way to dry the carpets in this monsoons?
Frontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 15:06   #1631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Friends today I noticed pool of water on the floor carpets (bout 2 liters) on the front seat. As I left our building main gate the water moved into front over my slippers and I was shocked. Since last few days I ve been askibg driver why such stinky smell in the car - now I see it why. I guess either its leaking somewhere or thru the water filled streets water got in through doors. Any pointers how I can locate it? And is there a way to dry the carpets in this monsoons?
Take out all the water. Best is to remove the carpet and dry the entire floorboard. You can stuff newspapers and it will absorb the water. Keep doing this atleast twice a day as you dont want wet and soggy newspapers there. If you dont remove the carpet, stuff a lot of news papers on the carpet and keep replacing it. The carpet will eventually feel dry. Then take a vacuum cleaner and use the blower function to blow hot air all over the carpet.

The leak can happen from AC, Windscreen, drain pipes being blocked.

Also check your boot. Good chance of water getting in there as well.
Desmosedici is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2013, 19:17   #1632
BHPian

Any Ideas on what a complete suspension overhaul would mean(in terms of parts replaced). As of now i know that the rubber bushes, Coil Springs and mounts need replacement. is there anything else i am missing?

I am planning a trip to CST road@kurla to get a Spoiler and some plastic bits which are normally below the engine to prevent water and muck spraying onto vital parts in the rain. any hints or DIY suggestions welcome.

Last edited by t3ofil4us : 20th June 2013 at 19:18. Reason: More content
t3ofil4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2013, 19:37   #1633
BHPian

Guys new problem has cropped up in my OHC. I can hear something loose below driver side floor. It keeps making thud thud noise. Exhaust pipes were okay when I checked.

Last edited by BLACKRiVAL : 20th June 2013 at 20:05.
BLACKRiVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2013, 21:33   #1634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ofil4us View Post
Any Ideas on what a complete suspension overhaul would mean(in terms of parts replaced). As of now i know that the rubber bushes, Coil Springs and mounts need replacement. is there anything else i am missing?

I am planning a trip to CST road@kurla to get a Spoiler and some plastic bits which are normally below the engine to prevent water and muck spraying onto vital parts in the rain. any hints or DIY suggestions welcome.
Tie Rods, Lower Arms, Ball Joints also i guess when you mention Suspension Work. Atleast i did get all these done when i had got my Vtec. I'll see if i can fish out the bill and mention what all was done for the Front Suspension. Rear was fine hence left it.

Till then the gurus can pour in.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 01:16   #1635
BHPian

I have water in the boot of the car... slowly collecting under the spare tire, The funny thing is i don't see any drip marks on the carpet like floor, Its somehow dripping in thru the walls i think, and i see it only when i lift the carpet.
I emptied the boot and kinda got in to see if i could see the seep.. tough luck! i thought maybe the mud flap section was breaking, but this is coming even when the car is stationary.
Are there things i could look out for to find this leak?
johnda is offline   Reply With Quote