Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 12th January 2014, 06:46   #1711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
My VTEC is completely stock except for the tires which I upsized to Hankook 205/50/R15. My problem is whenever I reach 110 kmph on the highway the car starts to shake. How can I fix this?
Are you using aftermarket alloys? If yes, hey hub rings suitable for your car for all 4 wheels, problem should go away.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2014, 22:37   #1712
BHPian

Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Are you using aftermarket alloys? If yes, hey hub rings suitable for your car for all 4 wheels, problem should go away.
Thanks for the reply! What are hub rings? And would you be able to answer my other questions by any chance?
bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2014, 04:20   #1713
Max
BHPian

Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Thanks for the reply! What are hub rings? And would you be able to answer my other questions by any chance?
http://www.justforwheels.com/hub-centric-rings.jsp

Quote:
Wheel Hub Centric Rings are designed to fill in the gap between the hub of the car and the center bore of the wheel. Most wheel manufacturers design their wheels with a centerbore large enough to fit on most cars. Therefore, since wheel manufactures make their center bore large enough to fit most cars, most wheel fitments have a gap between the hub and the centerbore. This gap usually doesn't allow for the wheel to fit hubcentric but rather lugcentric which causes vibration. Therefore, to fill the gap and ensure the fitment is hubcentric, hub rings are used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Just gave my car for suspension overhaul + break pads replacement. Will update soon with more details. Estimate is about 24k/25k.
Details can be found here (OHC Suspension Problem EDIT : Solved!)

Last edited by Max : 16th January 2014 at 04:24.
Max is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2014, 09:19   #1714
BHPian

Does anyone know of a good mechanic in Hyderabad who is very knowledgeable about the OHC?
Old 18th January 2014, 09:38   #1715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know of a good mechanic in Hyderabad who is very knowledgeable about the OHC?
Why don't you try visiting Team Mars workshop at Moosapet.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2014, 12:47   #1716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Why don't you try visiting Team Mars workshop at Moosapet.

Anurag.
Can you please give me directions to get there? I am coming from Kukatpally.

Also, do you have any personal experience with them?

Last edited by bowser : 18th January 2014 at 12:48.
Old 19th January 2014, 23:17   #1717
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please give me directions to get there? I am coming from Kukatpally.

Also, do you have any personal experience with them?
When coming from Kukatpally, come till the Moosapet 'Y' Junction and take a 'U-Turn' the you will find a TVS showroom onto your left then "Sagar Hotel". The lane beside Sagar hotel should be taken and keep coming inside and then take the right turn. After this proceed for 100-250 metres you'll Team Mars board on the left, just take the left there and come a 100 yards and you are at the workshop.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2014, 20:20   #1718
BHPian

Today I got the oil changed in my VTEC from regular mineral oil to Mobil1 0W-40 synthetic oil. After this, the engine idling RPM has changed from 800 RPM to 1400 RPM (it slowly reduces to 1100 RPM). The mechanic claims he didn't touch the throttle body.

Is this just a case of the ECU needing some time to adjust? Will it come back to normal soon?
Old 24th January 2014, 18:53   #1719
BHPian

Quote:
Today I got the oil changed in my VTEC from regular mineral oil to Mobil1 0W-40 synthetic oil. After this, the engine idling RPM has changed from 800 RPM to 1400 RPM (it slowly reduces to 1100 RPM). The mechanic claims he didn't touch the throttle body.

Is this just a case of the ECU needing some time to adjust? Will it come back to normal soon?
There is no connection of changing engine oil and RPM going up from 800 to 1400/1100 or ECM settings.

Check and clean the throttle body as well.

Btw, any specific reason to switch to Mobil 1?
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2014, 19:22   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
There is no connection of changing engine oil and RPM going up from 800 to 1400/1100 or ECM settings.

Check and clean the throttle body as well.

Btw, any specific reason to switch to Mobil 1?
It started happening immediately after changing the oil, so I thought there must be a connection. Any idea how this would have affected the throttle body? My VTEC has done only 32000km till now by the way.

I wanted to get the best synthetic oil available so went for Mobil1. After this change the engine feels more alive. There is definitely an improvement in power.
Old 31st January 2014, 23:36   #1721
BHPian

The engine idling RPM is back to normal but the improvement in power is also gone :(
Old 1st February 2014, 07:13   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the late suggestion , I did not check this thread from a while. If the car is not yet taken to any workshop I would also suggest my mechanic who is in Masab Tank. He is very good at his job and definitely has good experience with all Honda's. He has taken good care of my Old city and I should say that he still taking care of it as it was sold to a close friend of mine who is continuing with the same mechanic.
Also this person is an expert in modifications and has helped tune some cars for the drag races which were regular in Hyderabad until they stopped I guess 2 years back.

I can personally come along with you to the workshop and get the car checked. I can share the complete details if you need them.

cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 1st February 2014 at 07:18. Reason: change of sentence
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2014, 14:17   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Sorry for the late suggestion , I did not check this thread from a while. If the car is not yet taken to any workshop I would also suggest my mechanic who is in Masab Tank. He is very good at his job and definitely has good experience with all Honda's. He has taken good care of my Old city and I should say that he still taking care of it as it was sold to a close friend of mine who is continuing with the same mechanic.
Also this person is an expert in modifications and has helped tune some cars for the drag races which were regular in Hyderabad until they stopped I guess 2 years back.

I can personally come along with you to the workshop and get the car checked. I can share the complete details if you need them.

cheers,
pdma.
Yes, please share his details. This sounds like exactly what I am looking for. No need to apologize for late suggestions, I'm just glad that I got a reply!
Old 2nd February 2014, 14:30   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, please share his details. This sounds like exactly what I am looking for. No need to apologize for late suggestions, I'm just glad that I got a reply!
Great, I have PM'ed you my details, lets get in touch so that I can guide you and we can plan a convenient day to vist the garage and take it from there on.

cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2014, 17:39   #1725
BHPian

My car has developed an exhaust leak. A quick check by my mech confirms it's mostly at the tail end and possibly the muffler.

I was gonna put her in for a service anyway and as it happened, this came up. I was wondering if it makes sense to take her to Automech at Lower Parel, since I'm not too far from them. I just wanted to get anybody's feedback if they've interacted with or used any of Automech's products.

Since I'm not chasing pure performance upgrades etc (she's far too old for me to put in the money now) .. I just wanted to get an idea of the expected benefit of an Automech stainless steel muffler. FFE is not a must have for me.
Vandit is offline   Reply With Quote