Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd February 2014, 09:39   #1726
BHPian

Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
My car has developed an exhaust leak. A quick check by my mech confirms it's mostly at the tail end and possibly the muffler.

I was gonna put her in for a service anyway and as it happened, this came up. I was wondering if it makes sense to take her to Automech at Lower Parel, since I'm not too far from them. I just wanted to get anybody's feedback if they've interacted with or used any of Automech's products.

Since I'm not chasing pure performance upgrades etc (she's far too old for me to put in the money now) .. I just wanted to get an idea of the expected benefit of an Automech stainless steel muffler. FFE is not a must have for me.

Buddy you might get it in the range of 3k. Just check first if your existing pipe can be repaired, as you don't want to invest much.
KaandBaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 19:18   #1727
BHPian

Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

I notice that there is faint white smoke emitting from my OHC's exhaust. It's not mist (due to the cold) and it also smells a bit toxic. I am not 100% sure if it's blue smoke by any chance as the engine oil level also seems to be intact.

Any pointers what to get checked?
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2014, 10:55   #1728
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a good mechanic for my OHC? I had recently replaced the timing belt and other related parts including belts and bearings. My engine has been sounding ever since the last job was done. I hear a "khar khar" sound from the engine and it is not constant it flows. My engine is not delivering like it used to earlier and has started feeling a bit rough to drive unlike the old butter smooth feeling. I really love my car and don't want to end up selling it. Can someone please please point me to the right mechanic who can help me get out of my misery!! experts please advice.. I'm in Pune and desperately seeking a good workshop.

Also can anyone suggest a good workshop for full body painting? how much should a full body paint job cost in Pune?

Thanks in advance and have a great day!!
LovemyOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 16:00   #1729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemyOHC View Post
Also can anyone suggest a good workshop for full body painting? how much should a full body paint job cost in Pune?

Thanks in advance and have a great day!!
Sorry no knowledge about a good mechanic cause even i am searching myself.
As far as the paint part, you may want to have a look at the guy near Eklavya College in Kothrud. My friend got his car painted from there. The garage is just next round the corner of Eklavya college, easy to spot as has Castrol painted all over the walls.
KaandBaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 19:07   #1730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
Bowser,
you dont have to spend 22K,
here is the link for the original part,
I, along with many others on this forum/ thread, ordered for this, and happily replaced the O2sensor..
you can order it and get it delivered to your door step in Hyd.
I ordered it and shipped it to my brother who was traveling to India a week from then.
The denso link is from the manufacture
The Amazon link has delivery to India too.
All the best on getting this for 1/10th of the quoted price

http://www.densoproducts.com/product.aspx?zpid=18065

http://www.amazon.com/Denso-234-4099..._ee_p_t_1_9N85

Cheers!
hey, i know im quoting a post a year old but i looked at my 1.3's o2 sensor connector and its not a 4 wire! it looks like a single wire (and another plastic "pin" for support.

has anyone with a 1.3 got an aftermarket sensor for their car? it would be great if i can get a link or part number instead f wading through 169 pages of o2 sensors on the denso website
Attached Thumbnails
1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-img_20140303_182434.jpg  

jayeshrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 20:11   #1731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshrc View Post
hey, i know im quoting a post a year old but i looked at my 1.3's o2 sensor connector and its not a 4 wire!

it looks like a single wire (and another plastic "pin" for support.

OURS IS ALSO LIKE THAT - HOW MANY CONNECTORS ARE THERE IN THE PLASTIC PIN

has anyone with a 1.3 got an aftermarket sensor for their car? it would be great if i can get a link or part number instead f wading through 169 pages of o2 sensors on the denso website
this is what i did - i took a pic of the sensor, took down the part number and then wrote to denso asking for the new part number... they promptly replied in 48hrs time with the new part no: and bang its jus a google away
it should be a walk in the park, pls also go to the denso site and try the 3 pin connector you'll have list to choose from.

good luck on this... it truly is not worth doing the replacement here at a HASS. cheers!
johnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 20:16   #1732
BHPian

Quote:
this is what i did - i took a pic of the sensor, took down the part number and then wrote to denso asking for the new part number... they promptly replied in 48hrs time with the new part no: and bang its jus a google away
it should be a walk in the park, pls also go to the denso site and try the 3 pin connector you'll have list to choose from.

good luck on this... it truly is not worth doing the replacement here at a HASS. cheers!
The problem here is that the current sensor looks like some local one. Doesn't even have any part number! The guy has taken some random single wire sensor and attached it to the OEM connector.. Could you give me the part number so I can just find it on denso's website?

Edit: whoops. Just saw that you asked for the number of pins on the plastic connector.. I'll check and post here!

Last edited by jayeshrc : 3rd March 2014 at 20:28.
Old 3rd March 2014, 21:23   #1733
BHPian

Quote:
Could you give me the part number so I can just find it on denso's website?
Edit: whoops. Just saw that you asked for the number of pins on the plastic connector.. I'll check and post here!
DEN234-4099 this is what i picked up and running on that...like a song!
Dunno why would the 1.3 have a different part for the same engine!
well try and see if you can use this, you need to check on the forum if the 1.3 has a diff oxygen sensor.
All the best!
Oh BTW even if you order it off amazon and get them to deliver international shipping, still work out 1/4th of the quoted price at the HASS
Old 3rd March 2014, 21:44   #1734
BHPian

Quote:
DEN234-4099 this is what i picked up and running on that...like a song!
Dunno why would the 1.3 have a different part for the same engine!
well try and see if you can use this, you need to check on the forum if the 1.3 has a diff oxygen sensor.
All the best!
Oh BTW even if you order it off amazon and get them to deliver international shipping, still work out 1/4th of the quoted price at the HASS
yeah i dont get it either! i did see the DEN234-4099 on amazon and am ready to order it if it fits (although it seems unlikely).. i have a $12 amazon gift card too (dont know how )

going back to your original question - i dont see any pins on the plastic connector. looked at it as closely as possible.. here are pictures of both ends of the connector..

Please help! :(
Attached Thumbnails
1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-img_20140303_210656.jpg  

1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-img_20140303_210652.jpg  

1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-img_20140303_210632.jpg  

1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-img_20140303_210751.jpg  

1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-img_20140303_210755.jpg  

1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-img_20140303_210850.jpg  

Last edited by jayeshrc : 3rd March 2014 at 21:51.
Old 3rd March 2014, 23:55   #1735
BHPian

The same thing happened with my OHC a while ago after timing belt was changed. I instantly felt a dead spot after 3000 rpm in the acceleration and the engine did not sound butter smooth in that zone.
I went back to the mechanic who changed the timing belt and made him re-time it and the problem went away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemyOHC View Post
My engine has been sounding ever since the last job was done. I hear a "khar khar" sound from the engine and it is not constant it flows. My engine is not delivering like it used to earlier and has started feeling a bit rough to drive unlike the old butter smooth feeling.
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 10:15   #1736
BHPian

Quote:
yeah i dont get it either! i did see the DEN234-4099 on amazon and am ready to order it if it fits (although it seems unlikely).. i have a $12 amazon gift card too (dont know how )
going back to your original question - i dont see any pins on the plastic connector. looked at it as closely as possible.. here are pictures of both ends of the connector..
Please help! :(
looks diff, you'll have to check with some one who has a 1.3... you said "both ends" you mean the end on the sensor is a one and the socket it goes in to is the second? ya? Well to look for this online you need the end on the sensor and match that with the description on the site. here these ends are confusing, I wonder how a circular part can fit with a square-ish side!?

hope you get to fix this soon! will post if i find a solution.
Old 4th March 2014, 10:22   #1737
BHPian

@jayeshrc
Do you have a type I or type II OHC? Do you have the original sensor? That should have the part number on it so you can contact Denso support. The part number listed in the above posts is for type II OHC. Not sure if it's different for type I.
bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 12:15   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
looks diff, you'll have to check with some one who has a 1.3... you said "both ends" you mean the end on the sensor is a one and the socket it goes in to is the second? ya? Well to look for this online you need the end on the sensor and match that with the description on the site. here these ends are confusing, I wonder how a circular part can fit with a square-ish side!?

hope you get to fix this soon! will post if i find a solution.
yeah, thats what i meant, male and female part of the connector.
it seems confusing to me as well. ill have to look around and see if i can find a 1.3 owner. its easier finding vtec owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
@jayeshrc
Do you have a type I or type II OHC? Do you have the original sensor? That should have the part number on it so you can contact Denso support. The part number listed in the above posts is for type II OHC. Not sure if it's different for type I.
its a type 2. i dont have the original sensor, thats where the issue is arising from. i did send denso a mail with the pictures, lets see if they can help me.

i just went through 80 out of the 169 pages of the O2 sensor list on denso's website, didnt find anything that fits the ecu side (female) squarish connector, but did find one that looks like the sensor side connector (round).

could someone with a 1.3 take a picture of their connector and post here? would help a lot!

Last edited by jayeshrc : 4th March 2014 at 12:38.
Old 5th March 2014, 15:16   #1739
BHPian

If you are in Mumbai, you can go to Starline Auto at Kakasaheb Gadgil Marg. They have just worked on my OHC and have done an excellant job. They are near the MPCC office in mumbai.
ashwin_m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 02:19   #1740
BHPian

We sold our 1.3 last year but I know the person who bought it. I will try to get the part number this weekend.
bowser is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote