Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 6th March 2014, 14:17   #1741
BHPian

Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Hi,

Need Guidance on the following for my Vtec.

- Is the timing belt for the vtec different from the normal 1.3/1.5 engines . Which brand should be used.
- Approximate cost and brand of the engine mounting.

Thanks
wbd8779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 21:07   #1742
BHPian

Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowser View Post
We sold our 1.3 last year but I know the person who bought it. I will try to get the part number this weekend.
thanks a lot! along with part number, (if its not asking too much) could you get a picture of the male side of the connector? (the side that comes with the sensor)
jayeshrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 00:00   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeshrc View Post
thanks a lot! along with part number, (if its not asking too much) could you get a picture of the male side of the connector? (the side that comes with the sensor)
Sure, I was already planning to take some pics. What's the mfg date of your car? Mine is Nov '99.
bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 00:04   #1744
BHPian

Quote:
Sure, I was already planning to take some pics. What's the mfg date of your car? Mine is Nov '99.
mine's jan '00.. thanks, this saves me the trouble of stopping a random 1.3 owner on the road and acting like a maniac asking them to pop the bonnet open to pull out a connector and check
Old 8th March 2014, 17:38   #1745
BHPian

Quote:
mine's jan '00.. thanks, this saves me the trouble of stopping a random 1.3 owner on the road and acting like a maniac asking them to pop the bonnet open to pull out a connector and check
Ok, here are the pics!

For some reason this doesn't seem to be a Denso part. It doesn't have the manufacturer written on it anywhere. The original sensor in my VTEC had Denso on it. The part number written on the sensor for the 1.3 is:
0ZA218-H1
NTK JAPAN
Attached Thumbnails
1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-o2-sensor-001.jpg  

1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-o2-sensor-002.jpg  

1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-o2-sensor-004.jpg  

1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-o2-sensor-005.jpg  

1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-o2-sensor-003.jpg  

bowser is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 18:14   #1746
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, here are the pics!

For some reason this doesn't seem to be a Denso part. It doesn't have the manufacturer written on it anywhere. The original sensor in my VTEC had Denso on it. The part number written on the sensor for the 1.3 is:
0ZA218-H1
NTK JAPAN
oh god, thats different from mine too! although not by that large a margin.

NTK is NGK's o2 sensors. atleast that gives me somewhere to look.. thanks!

EDIT: found it! NTK 24166 is the part number. costs $35 on amazon

Last edited by jayeshrc : 8th March 2014 at 18:17.
Old 8th March 2014, 18:24   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
oh god, thats different from mine too! although not by that large a margin.

NTK is NGK's o2 sensors. atleast that gives me somewhere to look.. thanks!

EDIT: found it! NTK 24166 is the part number. costs $35 on amazon
Actually, I think it's exactly the same as yours. I took a closer look and it seems the white part on mine came off and is stuck inside the sensor.
bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 18:36   #1748
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, I think it's exactly the same as yours. I took a closer look and it seems the white part on mine came off and is stuck inside the sensor.
Oh yeah! Haha, didnt notice that!
thanks a lot man. I ordered Down it to a friend and should have it in a few weeks.
Old 21st April 2014, 14:38   #1749
BHPian

Hello guys has anybody here tried Adjustable coil over shock absorbers on their OHC. I am really fed up with the soft suspension on my 1.5 EXI, the rear has now become excessively soft and now rolls and sways around like a trailer on corners upwards of 100kmph. Also i can feel the Front left Side struts significantly softer than the right side (can feel this while pushing down on the bonnet/fender) All 4 struts seems to have lost considerable damping force (may be wear and tear) and i am really looking out for options with adjustable damping force and pre load. Please do let me know the available options. Thanks
baddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 15:48   #1750
Senior - BHPian

you can visit this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-concepts.html (My Vtec (1st-gen City): Tuned by Race Concepts)
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 17:37   #1751
BHPian

My steering pump is giving trouble again the pressure has gone down and their is sound coming on turning the steering and off course it's hard too.
I have already got it replaced (with a refurbished one) but once again the same situation.
I wonder what other fellas are doing in the situaion.
New from honda is for almost 14K (I mean come on!).
Honda Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 19:54   #1752
BHPian

I just replaced the alternator with a used one since the original broke.

It got stuck so badly that it could not be taken off without breaking the bolts. Had to take the engine out and get the bolts etc removed. The alternator casing was broken from the back so no chance of repairs.

Interestingly, when the alternator was about to conk off, all lights and steering etc started jamming up. I was lucky to have reached home and the engine died at my parking spot!

Interestingly, ever since the refurbished alternator has been installed, the car is much more responsive and the jerking problem has gone (at least for now, hope it stays).

Just wanted to share with you all.
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 00:36   #1753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Hey!! oh no i havent sold it..in fact i do more than 20kms everyday.

Oh ya Autotech is a good place to get work done.
Hi

I own an OHC, 1.3 and have recently shifted to MUmbai....Please help me with the contact details and address of AutoTech...I need some one to help me out with a lot of issues...

Also, If someone could tell me how is Anto (Bhawani Auto Works, Powai) as a guy to get my work done...I met him last week, he sounds knowledgeable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Guys any more suggestions for my issue??

@ Ryan - This is not the same guy, you should have PMd me dude. But its great that your problem is solved.
Hey Guys

Please help me with the contact details/address of Autotech, I have recently moved to Mumbai and I wanted to get in touch with a person who can treat my OHC 1.3 well..

I visited Anto - Bhawani Auto works, Powai...guy sounds good (technically) but I am not sure..

Please help...

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th May 2014 at 12:56. Reason: Back to back posts.
uniq62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2014, 12:44   #1754
Senior - BHPian

Autotech has shut down. My experience at Bhawani was good.

You can also go to Oberoi depending on what issues you are facing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniq62 View Post
Hey Guys

Please help me with the contact details/address of Autotech, I have recently moved to Mumbai and I wanted to get in touch with a person who can treat my OHC 1.3 well..

I visited Anto - Bhawani Auto works, Powai...guy sounds good (technically) but I am not sure..

Please help...
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniq62 View Post
Hi

I own an OHC, 1.3 and have recently shifted to MUmbai....Please help me with the contact details and address of AutoTech...I need some one to help me out with a lot of issues...

Also, If someone could tell me how is Anto (Bhawani Auto Works, Powai) as a guy to get my work done...I met him last week, he sounds knowledgeable...
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 09:44   #1755
BHPian

Hey KSM-Vtec - Thank you so much. I am meeting Anto (Bhavani Auto works) on Thursday.

I am experiencing the following issues -

- engine check light - I believe 02 sensor
- fuel efficiency has gone down to almost 10 in city which earlier used to be around 13-14 and also the pick up is very sluggish - I believe 02 sensor again
(What would be the price and is Shetty motors the place to procure it)

- Steering groans on starting - I had my steering rack replaced recently
- I had got my throttle body and injectors cleaned recently but it was with basic petrol cleaning not through machine (Anto claimed that he would do it with machine)
- As i start the car and accelerate, i need to push on the accelerator otherwise it shudders a lot
- My engine oil looks really bad - all dark/ black...i changed it last month - may be engine flushing is required
- AC needs servicing for i can see water droplets next to central vents...
- Power windows are too slow – I have read a few suggestions on this thread, let me try that and also the panel board that supports all the keys to power windows is almost off – do I need to replace the inner board or the panel itself?
- Where to find the side beadings (I don’t know what they are called) – the ones that are just between the door glass and the door which is silver for vetch/ 1.5 exi and black for 1.3 (I hope I made my point)
- Apparently I noticed once in rare times when it’s extremely hot and in heavy traffic the coolant starts to leak
- I was highly recommended by one of the reputed tire dealers in Delhi to go for Michelin XM1+ (broader but standard rim size)- but I am too disappointed by grip they offer so I am also planning to change them and they also make a squealing noise on turning, what could it be?
- The RPM rise is very slow and also it falls very quickly as I release the clutch or leave the car to carry on the momentum – does it have to do with anyone of the following - throttle body, 02 sensor or IAC Valve or the condenser or the fuel pump???, also on idling it shakes a bit – slight humming (it has been since long time)
And on starting RPm shoots to 2000 and then falls back to normal, on every start.
- I installed 100/90 philips extreme vision but one is fused now and at times I see dash lights coming of high beam – do I need to install a relay?
- What exactly is done in ECU reset and engine tuning?
- Last, I stay in Powai and I need good speakers with my old pioneer head set? Which speakers and what place?

A sincere apology for the long post, But I am facing these whole host of issues

My pocket is certainly going to be light soon.

Had a talk with Pranav also over the same.
uniq62 is offline   Reply With Quote