Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 25th November 2009, 23:37   #256
BHPian

waiting for your PM. nice to know that there is a store where you have all the OHC spares and upgrades.
Thanks Shan2nu
johnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 00:20   #257
BHPian

The most common issue faced by the OHC owners now days is steering rack oil leakage issue.
vinayvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 17:40   #258
BHPian

Question Need a 1.5 VTEC - Spec sheet

Guys,

i am about to get my first VTEC, a 2003 one, been trying to source a brochure or spec and tech that some of you may still have from the old days when you bought the car new ( lucky folks) . If any of you have the brochure / spec data that compared all the models side by side in a table type format, do you mind scanning and posting here, will be a real help.

Thanks.
sanjayr328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 18:30   #259
BHPian

What spec's are you looking at?

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayr328 View Post
Guys,

i am about to get my first VTEC, a 2003 one, been trying to source a brochure or spec and tech that some of you may still have from the old days when you bought the car new ( lucky folks) . If any of you have the brochure / spec data that compared all the models side by side in a table type format, do you mind scanning and posting here, will be a real help.

Thanks.
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 20:10   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayr328 View Post
Guys,

Thanks.
i have a manaul on my HD . If you want i can send that to you . Pm your email id
honda3938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 21:00   #261
BHPian

@shrey - looking for a scanned copy of the original brochure basically.. If it is still around..

cheers
Old 28th November 2009, 20:05   #262
BHPian

The VTEC's going to come to me tomorrow , so Tyre size recommendations please , i need the tyre size to be sane, we drive all around the country, so need something that wont rub and all that - 195/ 60 - R14 ? any experience anyone with Potenzas or Turanzas ? i have run Turanzas on my Indigo now for the last three years - and they have been pretty good, sharp handling but stiff ride which is am fine with, but this is not a Indigo , so will Turanzas do guys ?
Old 28th November 2009, 20:18   #263
BHPian

My OHC when driven on night with headlights on for few mins the horn stops working. When i press the horn the dash board lights get dim but no issue with the headlight and stereo . The battery light is not glowing. When the headlight is off the horn starts working. Also the car starts in first crank till now . What could be the reason ?

Last edited by vinu_pm : 28th November 2009 at 20:19.
vinu_pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 08:33   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
My OHC when driven on night with headlights on for few mins the horn stops working. When i press the horn the dash board lights get dim but no issue with the headlight and stereo . The battery light is not glowing. When the headlight is off the horn starts working. Also the car starts in first crank till now . What could be the reason ?
i think horns are not properly grounded. another reason may be that alternator is supplying less current.if you have upgraded horn and headlights than you need a relay.
honda3938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 13:15   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
it could be the alternator or your batter cells could be weak. Should be a simple issue to resolve, just go to one of these battery sales/service guys and ask him to check the output on your alternator and battery. Do the check at full load.(AC+headlights+ICE+hazard)
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 22:28   #266
BHPian

is there any co-relation with the similar problem - While I have my a/c on full blast and i'm driving there is a slight drop in the fan speed at intervals.
for eg. I'm driving with a/c on and blower on 3. while i'm driving the fan blower 'seems' to dip it its speed just for a brief 10secs, like as if the compressor came on or something.
I've had no issues thus far but wanted to know if there is a sting around the bend:-)
johnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 01:36   #267
Senior - BHPian

Just wanted to confirm, what's the heat range of the stock spark plugs of the OHC VTEC engine?
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 09:40   #268
BHPian

6E is what is standard on the OHC Vtec!

@sanjay: 195/60/14 should be the perfect upsize. It wont give you any issues whatsoever!

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Just wanted to confirm, what's the heat range of the stock spark plugs of the OHC VTEC engine?
ssjr0498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 14:34   #269
BHPian

@ shrey - thanks, i will go with 195/60/14 then..

A few days back i was looking for this data sheet of the VTEC , finally got it from Honda directly, posting here in case someone else needs it.. it's low resolution, but does the job ..
Attached Thumbnails
1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-1.5vtec.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th November 2009 at 14:46. Reason: back to back posts, please EDIT the original post after its approved, if you want to add. thanks
Old 2nd December 2009, 20:40   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
it could be the alternator or your batter cells could be weak. Should be a simple issue to resolve, just go to one of these battery sales/service guys and ask him to check the output on your alternator and battery. Do the check at full load.(AC+headlights+ICE+hazard)

The battery guy Checked and told me that it is perfectly ok. He used a multi meter to check and unscrewed the battery and checked the fluid with a sucker .He said it could be relay or alternator problem and he is not qualified to check that.

Now I am worried .if it is relay could be simple fix i guess ,but if it alternator Honda is going to rip me .

Is there any good mechanic appart from HASS near old Airport Road to check that ?
vinu_pm is offline   Reply With Quote