Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 1st June 2010, 14:52   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by partha379 View Post

Timing belt - 1300
Nice to see you enjoying your AT. I have a 2003 AT as well. Are you sure the timing belt cost you 1300/- ?

I got my timing belt replaced at 80,000 kms during the major service last month and it cost me just 875/- at Honda itself.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 15:25   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by partha379 View Post
All,

I have a OHC 1.5Exi AT bought second hand at around 74k, currently it has done 78k. I finally got around to overhauling the car - Suspension, O2 sensor, headlights and Underbody corrosion check. Ended up spending nearly 35k on all this and the result of all this is that I have a nice AT car to drive around the city comfortably :-).

Here is the spare parts cost in case anyone else is looking for over hauling there OHC. I did all this in a private garage over here in Chennai, so the prices are not the A.S.S ones - but the parts are either Genuine or equivalent to OE ones.

Timing belt - 1300
RHS drive shaft - 6500
Tie rods/Ball joints - 2200
O2 sensor - 4300
Underbody treatement - 3000
Headlight upgradation to 100/90 with relay - 5000.
Bosch wiper blades - 350.
which workshop ? what was the labour charges ?

can you also share the part brand name for drive shaft ?
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 16:33   #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysdome View Post
Hi guys..

can any of you guys tell me where can i get Exedy stock clutch for OHC 1.5EXi in Delhi??
I need to get my stock set replaced urgently. Cant seem to get me hands on one here in Delhi.
Also if youll could indicate the price, it would be great.
Thanks in advance.
hi guys.
would appreciate a response here greatly. i need to get it done asap. thanks
sunnysdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:49   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysdome View Post
Hi Guys...
I also am a proud owner of the ohc 1.5 exi 2003 model, done 64K kms.
the clutch is end of life and the whole thing needs a replacement. (please dont ask me much about this component as I have no idea) I agree with him that it needs replacement, but not on the price point.
He says since the whole thing needs to be changed it would cost around 12K, i told him that had read in the forum about bhpians getting it replaced for under 6K. .
Sunny recently member avinash_m had a full clutch replacement done.
He says around 9K for the same job.
Check out the link below and the post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1860941 (Realization of a dream - Living with my VTEC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Total cost including the labour was just below 9K, bit on the higher side! Actually, it could have been less had I not got the original Honda clutch cable (Rs 1700/), the older one was just fine. Also, had to buy gear oil separately again as the Castrol's were actually for the power steering!
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 20:32   #365
BHPian

I got it done in Ignite garage, this is in ECR.

I am not sure how to give the labour charges as I got so many things done :-), I think the labour charges were pretty close to A** charges - I was ok with the labour charges though. I remember that for the suspension overhaul it was 2k, for other things do send me a PM and the job - I will try to find the rates for that job from the bill.

I don't have the brand name of the RHS drive shaft, it is supposed to be the Honda OE part as I was not keen to replace this with anything else. I can find out the brand name if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
which workshop ? what was the labour charges ?

can you also share the part brand name for drive shaft ?
partha379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 11:25   #366
Senior - BHPian

Max Speed - 190+ < 195
Avg.Mleage - 14-15Kmpl
Problems - Suspension set up / High speed stability

Did a Delhi - Bombay - Bangalore - Thrissur - Bangalore recently . Will start a thread soon.
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 16:52   #367
BHPian

Cool man !! that needs loads of courage and enegy
Eagerly waiting for the thread with photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Max Speed - 190+ < 195
Avg.Mleage - 14-15Kmpl
Problems - Suspension set up / High speed stability

Did a Delhi - Bombay - Bangalore - Thrissur - Bangalore recently . Will start a thread soon.
vinu_pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2010, 19:01   #368
BHPian

Arrow Tyre Upgrade - Help...!

There is no separate thread or I was not able to find it...!

Suggestions for tyre upgrade.

Running stock 175 rubber on OE Alloys (14")
I plan to keep the alloys.

Keen to use 195's/60 I think it might rub (in the rear especially)
If so 185's/60-65 ? are the only option.

Help/Advice please.

What size (width/profile) ?
What company ?
What model/variant ?

EDIT :

Unrelated question: What is the "normal" idling rpm ?

Last edited by yzfrj : 17th June 2010 at 19:18.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 12:49   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
There is no separate thread or I was not able to find it...!

Suggestions for tyre upgrade.

Running stock 175 rubber on OE Alloys (14")
I plan to keep the alloys.

Keen to use 195's/60 I think it might rub (in the rear especially)
If so 185's/60-65 ? are the only option.

Help/Advice please.

What size (width/profile) ?
What company ?
What model/variant ?

EDIT :

Unrelated question: What is the "normal" idling rpm ?
Based on my experiance
company and brand i will vote for Michiline XM 1 + , the tyre has smooth ride with no much rolling noice

Also you can consider Appolo Acclere , which is Rs 400 - 500 lesser than the above with equally good quality and is VFM

The ideal idle RPM when the engine is warmed up say a 10 - 15 mins after starting is 800 with out AC and can increase another 100 -150 when AC is on
vinu_pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 16:00   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_pm View Post
Michiline XM 1 + , the tyre has smooth ride with no much rolling noice
Also you can consider Appolo Acclere , which is Rs 400 - 500 lesser than the above with equally good quality and is VFM
Thanks a lot Vinu
XM1+ is good, by bro's car has them, I felt the grip is not that great. But ride and noise its really good. Appolo I saw the pattern very interesting.

I'm unsure about the size 195's or 185's 14". I'm not staying with the stock size that's all I know.

Quote:
The ideal idle RPM when the engine is warmed up say a 10 - 15 mins after starting is 800 with out AC and can increase another 100 -150 when AC is on
I think my car is idling around 600rpm, is that bad ?
With the A/C on it increases around 100-200rpm.
Old 19th June 2010, 01:06   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
I think my car is idling around 600rpm, is that bad ?
With the A/C on it increases around 100-200rpm.
Not bad per se, but it will vibrate quite a bit when idling. Get the IACV cleaned along with the throttle body. Or adjust the throttle cable screw next to the throttle body.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 18:34   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Not bad per se, but it will vibrate quite a bit when idling. Get the IACV cleaned along with the throttle body. Or adjust the throttle cable screw next to the throttle body.
It does't sound or feel rough.
Initially there was a hole just after the resonator like thingy, I got it fixed still its a tad low I think.

Anyway I'm not sure if I'm reading the "tacho" correctly.
The markings are a bit funny. I'll take a snap and post the pic.

Thanks Pranav, I'll give it a try next time I go the the Garage.
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:54   #373
BHPian

Default Are these really priority issues?

All,

Had brought a OHC Type II 2002 Model OHC AT in Bangalore. It had done 82K when I had brought. 80K Kms service was done by previous owner.
When I had taken the vehicle for 85K Service, I has informed that some parts needs attention (Mean replacement).

Parts list are as follows:
Front Both Drive Shaft - Workshop Estimate - 20K ( Even if I import directly from Thailand or other places, it may not cost 10K)
Silencer 'B' and 'C' pipe - Workshop Estimate - 20K (I can completely modify the silencer to a FFE with headers for this price. On a side note, probably BMW's spares can be got for this price)
Cylinder head oil cover packing - Workshop Estimate - 10K (This may cost around 1K or even less if sourced from outside)

Already silencer has been replaced with an FFE again only FFE no headers. I asked the workshop SA about when these needs attention, he informed that these can be taken care in the next 90K service.

I am not sure, these part cost such a bomb in showroom run workshop. Also all these are small parts except the drive shaft.

1.Can any one confirm these parts OEM suppliers and where can I source these in Bangalore?
2.Also do these parts really cost the estimate quoted prices?
3.Any reliable OHC workshop non-Showroom owned where I can get these done if I source these parts on my own?
carlosTHEjackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 17:02   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosTHEjackal View Post
1.Can any one confirm these parts OEM suppliers and where can I source these in Bangalore?
2.Also do these parts really cost the estimate quoted prices?
3.Any reliable OHC workshop non-Showroom owned where I can get these done if I source these parts on my own?
I get most of my OHC's work done at SAG workshop. For 3 you can definitely go there. It is located in Banaswadi area.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2010, 17:32   #375
Team-BHP Support

A shocking thing happened to a friend who owns a OHC. I think it was a 2000 model with 1,40,000kms on the odo. He got it pre-owned at 70k kms about 5 years ago.

I drive his car regularly and engine is still pretty eager but, i did warn him about the suspension as it used to make a lot of noise.

On monday, he was returning back home at around 10pm on Medchal highway ( little outskirts of Hyderabad city) and his rear suspension/axle suddenly broke while he was doing about 100kmph or so and his car somersaulted a few times and landed on the roof. Luckily, there was no vehicle in front of him or behind him and except for a few sprains, no injuries to him.

This is quite shocking as i never heard this happen before.

He towed the car to Honda showroom and they gave him a 3.5 Lakh estimate. Essentially, its totalled. Any ideas if he will get money out of this totalled car, if any?

I have the pictures of this crash, will post it here tomorrow.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote