Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 13th June 2011, 22:54   #616
Senior - BHPian

Default re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Check the firewall from the engine bay side and make sure all the rubber grommets (covering the holes that are there to let wires through) are in their place to block off water seepage into the cabin. Also what Kaushik said.
pranavt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 09:53   #617
Senior - BHPian

Default re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

OK guys, anyone help me pls:
o2 sensor reqd in pune.

The honda service station has quoted 18000!!!
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 10:04   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1
o2 sensor reqd in pune.

They had quoted me the same. Check the thread for the denso website link from where you can order. I guess they ship internationally,it will cost you 1/4 the ammount quoted. I had ordered from the same website however asked my friend to get it from US. It's plug and play and fits perfectly.
OHCVtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 11:33   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
o2 sensor reqd in pune.

OE Honda O2 sensor can be sourced from the US for around 4.5k. The Denso part number has been posted elsewhere in this thread. And LOL at the stealership for quoting 18k for an O2 sensor. When I become rich, I'm going to open up a Honda dealership.
pranavt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 11:58   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
o2 sensor reqd in pune.

The o2 sensor has a heater element which is what fails usually.

Recently i got a pigiback heater element installed and it resolved my problem. (n more chk light or error code)

New o2 costs abt 4k in mumbai and the pigiback heater element costs abt 2k.
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 12:41   #621

Quote:
o2 sensor reqd in pune.

I asked my brother in US to get me a Denso o2 sensor for my vtec from US (link below). Its installed in my car a month back and its working fine.

Denso automotive parts available online at DensoProducts.com
khan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 02:09   #622
BHPian

Is 'Hand Brake going loose' a common experience among the OHC owners?

I got it tightened twice during the last year itself, (with new brake shoes and cable) but the lever always seems to loosen out after a while.

Anything specific that can be done that allows the Hand Brake to remain a solid gripper within 2-3 clicks?

I have seen this in almost all OHCs btw!
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 10:40   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post

I got it tightened twice during the last year itself, (with new brake shoes and cable) but the lever always seems to loosen out after a while.

Anything specific that can be done that allows the Hand Brake to remain a solid gripper within 2-3 clicks?

Get a new cable, and get the drum shoes replaced. How's the rest of the car?
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 11:12   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan View Post
I asked my brother in US to get me a Denso o2 sensor for my vtec from US (link below). Its installed in my car a month back and its working fine.

Denso automotive parts available online at DensoProducts.com
This is the same O2 sensor used in our OHC Vtec?

Thanks to everyone for the price aspect.
There is no "brick and mortar" shop which actually sells this?
Old 15th June 2011, 11:48   #625
Senior - BHPian

I've got one available right now.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 12:43   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Get a new cable, and get the drum shoes replaced. How's the rest of the car?
Thanks, Pranav.

I did get a new cable and drum shoes replaced, but it still doesn't hold up. Therefore, my question still remains - is this a common problem?

Rest of the car is OK. Have a few issues being sorted out - Suspension is being over-hauled once again (thanks to the lovely Gurgaon roads). Have one cylinder falling short in compression now, some more tests on the way and I will tell you the final figures.

Radiator cleaning, spark plug replacement, injector cleaning, distributor cleaning, all oils and filter replacements, etc. and a full preventive check / tune up happening as I write this.
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:46   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
I've got one available right now.
Hey Pranav, I would really require one ... I hope its a plug and play job.

Another surprising thing which I have encountered ever since this engine-dying-in-30-seconds-after-cold-start is that O2 malfunction light does not come up now!

What would this mean? Please note I have my car checked at various locations in past and everywhere they have come to me with diagnosis that O2 sensor is not working. So in any case - I have to buy it!
Old 3rd July 2011, 11:40   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post

Yes Ankit, Me too have felt this recently.
Got my wire tightened but it loosened after 6/7 months.

You are absolutely true, Guragon roads are no less than durability test for any car and on Honda cars its like bottom-out, reducing suspension life to half. My car had not a single rattle in 8 years but just after 8 months on gurgaon road (especially golf course ext.) got all things lose.

You are going to A-psyche for all things. DO let me know if any other good place you take your car to.
Honda Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:13   #629
BHPian

Power Window issue!

My car's P Windows operate very slowly, infact one has to manually assist to roll it up,doing this repeatedly has resulted in the window coming off the two clips that hold it. Ive got them glued back once or twice, but keeps coming off.

Have any of you faced the same issue?especially in the front PWs!

Even though i never drive with the windows rolled down.But would still want to get them fixed once and for all. The motor is not the issue here.

Should i replace the entire window?
dhirajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:12   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirajs View Post
Power Window issue!

My car's P Windows operate very slowly, infact one has to manually assist to roll it up,doing this repeatedly has resulted in the window coming off the two clips that hold it. Ive got them glued back once or twice, but keeps coming off.

Have any of you faced the same issue?especially in the front PWs!

Even though i never drive with the windows rolled down.But would still want to get them fixed once and for all. The motor is not the issue here.

Should i replace the entire window?
All u need to do is get ur channel cleaned...in fact you also get a spray and powder for the windows which keeps this problem away

i think think your problem should get reduced after the rains.
KSM-Vtec is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote