Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 7th January 2012, 21:50   #766
BHPian

Default re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_wheelz View Post
Infotech - has your car been painted ? please post some pictures

Regards
Ryan

pics. finally.

car was painted (overcoat) in Sep; have been driving it daily for 42 KMs and no scratches so far (achievement ). three coats of standox paint and two layers of clear coat were applied. total cost (painting, fixing rust, denting, etc.) came out to approx. 39,000 INR.
have to drop it at again at the paintbooth next week for a last polish job; have been postponing that for months now.
Attached Thumbnails
1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-honda-city-090.jpg  

1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-honda-city-089.jpg  

1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more-honda-city-091.jpg  

Last edited by infotech58 : 7th January 2012 at 21:52.
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 08:28   #767
Senior - BHPian

Default re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
pics. finally.
Your City VTEC looks beautiful infotech58. Seeing the pictures of your car brought back old memories of mine. I still remember drooling over the pictures of Honda City VTEC in Autocar India Road Test. It was a dream to see this car up close and personal once upon a time, let alone drive and own it.
Quote:
have to drop it at again at the paintbooth next week for a last polish job; have been postponing that for months now.
Your car looks spanking new and gleaming, does it require another coat of polishing?
arvi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 09:28   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Your City VTEC looks beautiful infotech58. Seeing the pictures of your car brought back old memories of mine. I still remember drooling over the pictures of Honda City VTEC in Autocar India Road Test. It was a dream to see this car up close and personal once upon a time, let alone drive and own it.

Your car looks spanking new and gleaming, does it require another coat of polishing?
thanks! OHC is, IMHO, one of the timeless designs for a sedan and it would never grow old.
there is a tiny (around 1-1.5cm) scratch in the clear coat on driver side fender and it was caused by the mechanics working on fitting; painter has asked me to drop the car sometime and he'll take care of the scratch and do another round of polishing. probably, i'll get that done in the coming week.

Last edited by infotech58 : 8th January 2012 at 09:31.
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 13:42   #769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
pics. finally.

car was painted (overcoat) in Sep; have been driving it daily for 42 KMs and no scratches so far (achievement ). three coats of standox paint and two layers of clear coat were applied. total cost (painting, fixing rust, denting, etc.) came out to approx. 39,000 INR.
Woah that looks Hott
The paintjob looks top notch.
Heather Mist isnt it?

Did you get the car stripped and done?Or just the exteriors?
If possible please switch back to Original VTEC alloys and get High Security Plates.

Revv Hard
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 13:48   #770
BHPian

Quote:
pics. finally.

Looks beautiful .
Restored to its original glory. Is it heather mist or naples gold ?
_raviShankar_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 13:56   #771
BHPian

Thanks Guys!
color is Naples Gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
Looks beautiful .
Restored to its original glory. Is it heather mist or naples gold ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Woah that looks Hott
The paintjob looks top notch.
Heather Mist isnt it?

Did you get the car stripped and done?Or just the exteriors?
If possible please switch back to Original VTEC alloys and get High Security Plates.

Revv Hard
car was not stripped off, it was just an overcoat. bumpers, spoilers, headlight/taillights, and some more trims were taken off during painting.

trying to source anti theft plates, seems Utsav has stopped issuing them due to some legal problems. Original VTEC alloys are difficult to find, if you come across someone selling them, please pass on the details to me. I may think of coloring the alloys into full black which IMHO would make it look sportier.
Old 8th January 2012, 16:14   #772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guys!
color is Naples Gold.
car was not stripped off, it was just an overcoat. bumpers, spoilers, headlight/taillights, and some more trims were taken off during painting.

trying to source anti theft plates, seems Utsav has stopped issuing them due to some legal problems. Original VTEC alloys are difficult to find, if you come across someone selling them, please pass on the details to me. I may think of coloring the alloys into full black which IMHO would make it look sportier.
Yep Utsav has shut down.Though there are many who make replicas of them.There is a detailed thread all about High Security Plates in the Mods Section.

Well I myself am looking for the Original VTEC alloys for 1.5exi.Got the VTEC spoiler with quite an ease.Convincing some T-Bhpians in Cal so upgrade to 15's and sell me there Wheels.
For the mean while why dont you paint the Alloys Black.
Old 8th January 2012, 17:29   #773
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Does anybody knows where i can get the vtec tag on the back .Some moron picked it up when I parked the car outside couple of days back
lancer_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 17:47   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Does anybody knows where i can get the vtec tag on the back .Some moron picked it up when I parked the car outside couple of days back
Local Chor Bazaar or Honda A.S.S
Old 8th January 2012, 19:59   #775
BHPian

Quote:
pics. finally.

WOW !! lovely no words , car looks superb ! thanks for the pics.

Cheers !
ryan_wheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 20:50   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Well I myself am looking for the Original VTEC alloys for 1.5exi.Got the VTEC spoiler with quite an ease.Convincing some T-Bhpians in Cal so upgrade to 15's and sell me there Wheels.
How much did you shell out for the spoiler ?
Was it the original one or a lookalike ?
_raviShankar_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 23:15   #777
abk
BHPian

On the advice of the fellow bhpian infotech58 I need to get a thorough check up & appropriate maintenance & repair work done on my OHC in addition to the problems I found when i drove my car today after ages! Could you helpful folks suggest me a great mechanic & workshop in Gurgaon to get my car to. If not, NOIDA or Delhi will also be reasonably OK. Am back in Delhi only for a couple of days would want to get as much done before leaving. My OHC has done more than 110 k kms. Will need to get it to Assam from Gurgaon.

Work needing done:
  1. Basic maintenance (Lubes, Clutch, Wheels)
  2. Replacement of O2 sensor. I've got the new sensor
  3. Transmission oil change
  4. Timing belt change
  5. Throttle body cleaning
  6. Injector cleaning
  7. Spark plug change

Problems:
  1. Brakes (shudders at > 70-80 kmph)
  2. Vibrations at all RPMs most pronounced while idling & on turning the AC on. The engine mountings were replaced about a couple of years ago at a local garage in NOIDA. They did not do a good job in reducing the vibrations.
  3. Ineffective AC
  4. Body repairs (rear side cladding missing; rear door's rubber "bidding" missing, bumper hanging precariously due to missing clamps/repeats)
abk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2012, 23:28   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
Problems:
  1. Brakes (shudders at > 70-80 kmph)
  2. Vibrations at all RPMs most pronounced while idling & on turning the AC on. The engine mountings were replaced about a couple of years ago at a local garage in NOIDA. They did not do a good job in reducing the vibrations.
  3. Ineffective AC
  4. Body repairs (rear side cladding missing; rear door's rubber "bidding" missing, bumper hanging precariously due to missing clamps/repeats)
get the Nissin brake pads; get the rotors skimmed.

check if all three engine mounts were replaced; also check the greabox mountings.

bumper clamps may need to be rebuilt (common problem with OHC).
Old 8th January 2012, 23:51   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raviShankar_ View Post
How much did you shell out for the spoiler ?
Was it the original one or a lookalike ?
Original.Got it for 4k.
Old 9th January 2012, 01:11   #780
BHPian

Quote:
pics. finally.

Your car looks very good extremely nice paint job, Why not give the original Enkei Vtec Rims along with the chrome insert on the window frame it will complete your car to original factory spec.

I know sourcing both of the above things is an hurculine task but it can be done. Had sourced out the chrome trims for my type 1 OHC from opera house although took lot of searching, but the effort was well worth it.
jatinpatel is offline   Reply With Quote