Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 9th January 2012, 14:34   #781
BHPian

Default re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
[*]Vibrations at all RPMs most pronounced while idling & on turning the AC on. The engine mountings were replaced about a couple of years ago at a local garage in NOIDA. They did not do a good job in reducing the vibrations.
I am facing the similar problem lately.

Head to Autopsyche straight. Its in the lane next to Trident-Hilton Hotel approaching from NH-8. Call Arush he will guide you.
The service will be on higher side to road sides or small garages and lower to the A.S.S but the + is that Arush keeps costumer satisfaction in mind and the car is taken care well off.
I will also see him probably this month only, let me know when will you drop. Will surely meet.
Honda Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 14:28   #782
Senior - BHPian

Default re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Would changing over to Synthetic Engine Oil post 50k Kms harm the Vtec Engine. If ok to change, is an Engine Flush really required.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 14:33   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Would changing over to Synthetic Engine Oil post 50k Kms harm the Vtec Engine. If ok to change, is an Engine Flush really required.
Well this is the golden question most of us have been asking ourselves.

IMO synthetic oil would never harm the engine BUT since the oil seals are old the refined syn oil will find its way and start leaking. But again its just about taking the chance and you may be lucky.

Using a flush can increase the chance of there being leaks in the above situation.
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 14:56   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Well this is the golden question most of us have been asking ourselves.

IMO synthetic oil would never harm the engine BUT since the oil seals are old the refined syn oil will find its way and start leaking. But again its just about taking the chance and you may be lucky.

Using a flush can increase the chance of there being leaks in the above situation.
In such a case then i would prefer maintaining the same Mineral Oil. Better safe rather than be sorry and have suck leaks which if not noticed might lead to engine damage. Thanks Kaushik.
Desmosedici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 15:01   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
In such a case then i would prefer maintaining the same Mineral Oil. Better safe rather than be sorry and have suck leaks which if not noticed might lead to engine damage. Thanks Kaushik.
Well i am also confused about the same issue...but i am sure that there will not be any MAJOR new leaks and if you keep topping-up from time to time the engine will be safe.
KSM-Vtec is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2012, 23:56   #786
BHPian

Well before selling off my 99 OHC type 1 AT which was done around 80k kms i had switched to Mobil 1 5w-50 at 70k mark,

NO LEAKS whatsoever and infact engine became quiter and smoother and mileage went up by 0.4kmpl Engine Flush was used of Abro.

And No Oil top-up was required even after 10k of use after which i sold the car and got civic.
jatinpatel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2012, 03:59   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Well before selling off my 99 OHC type 1 AT which was done around 80k kms i had switched to Mobil 1 5w-50 at 70k mark,

NO LEAKS whatsoever and infact engine became quiter and smoother and mileage went up by 0.4kmpl Engine Flush was used of Abro.

And No Oil top-up was required even after 10k of use after which i sold the car and got civic.
And then instances like this motivate me to move to fully synthetic ...hope i do it next time
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 23:11   #788
Senior - BHPian

Max Speed
175km/h

FE
9-10 in City.

Problems
O2 Sensor
Kat Kat Sound while turning the Car
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 15:44   #789
abk
BHPian

Although this may be off topic, yet for the sake of completeness of this thread am posting scanned pages of OHC 1.5 Exi Owner's Manual that cover the maintenance activities. If any one needs any other particular page from this manual scanned and posted please let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OHC Maintenance Schedule.pdf (1.25 MB, 517 views)
abk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 11:09   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Problems
O2 Sensor
O2 sensor-
Here is the part no: & where I got it from & where i fixed it -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2060871

Kat Kat Sound -
It should be your drive shaft - is the sound there when you turn on either sides? have you checked the boot?
johnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2012, 11:30   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
O2 sensor-
Here is the part no: & where I got it from & where i fixed it -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2060871

Kat Kat Sound -
It should be your drive shaft - is the sound there when you turn on either sides? have you checked the boot?
I had faced these problems few years back.

Got the O2 Sensor replaced from Honda A.S.S then.It had costed about 15k then.

The Kat Kat sound is coming from the axle,CV Joint.
Old 21st February 2012, 11:52   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Driveshafts have gone bust.
Replace them. OEM costs around 9K Rs in Honda A.S.S..
You get cheaper ones(around 4K) from reputed spare parts shop.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 23:11   #793
BHPian

Quote:
I had faced these problems few years back.

Got the O2 Sensor replaced from Honda A.S.S then.It had costed about 15k then.

The Kat Kat sound is coming from the axle,CV Joint.
VIC where or how did you find its axle?
I had got my car diagnosed at good workshop (quite known to Bhpians) and found steering rack to be faulty.
Honda Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2012, 11:07   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
VIC where or how did you find its axle?
I had got my car diagnosed at good workshop (quite known to Bhpians) and found steering rack to be faulty.
The Hondas A.S.S and fellow T-Bhpians who own Type 1's or Type 2's in Cal told me this after driving my car.

My Steering Rack was replaced at Honda 4 months back because the car was standing stationary for over an year.
The power steering of my car had stopped functioning.

I will be soon making a thread on the car.
Old 25th February 2012, 12:37   #795
BHPian

Quote:
The Hondas A.S.S and fellow T-Bhpians who own Type 1's or Type 2's in Cal told me this after driving my car.

My Steering Rack was replaced at Honda 4 months back because the car was standing stationary for over an year.
The power steering of my car had stopped functioning.

I will be soon making a thread on the car.
Great That will be ...
Hope to see your car thread. I am finding difficult to rely on whom for correct diagnose and work.
Honda Monk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote