Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 13th June 2012, 10:21   #931
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemyOHC View Post
Hey Guys! i had posted this query sometime back but i havent heard back from anyone.. here's what the issue is.. please help! "This is a little off topic but i desperately need help! I recently got my OHC's steering rack and shaft replaced. now at slow speeds i can feel the front wheels wobble.It feels as if the car shakes as slow speeds. The steering is still stiff and wouldn't return. I got the alignment and wheel balancing done but no issues found. The rims and tires are in a good shape as well. The only issue we found was with the rear suspension's linkage rod. It was slightly twisted. We got that taken care of but i still feel the car shaking....Please advice!"

The steering is not returning because your PS pump is not producing enough pressure.

If your rims and tyres are good and alignment and balancing is already done perfectly then please get your lower arm and link rod installation double checked. They would have possibly screwed up with the reinstall after the steering job. This could also be a reason for the steering not returning back.

Also is this problem happening while you are braking ?
KSM-Vtec is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 10:45   #932
BANNED

I've been getting a sticky first gear that's quite notchy.. But eases after the car has warmed up and the clutch has been pumped a while. Also get a jerky shift when easing off the clutch on up-shifting from 1-2 n 2-3.[/quote]
I used to face a similar problem.Shifiting from neutral to first or to reverse and also while changing gears 1st to 2nd.It use to be really notchy.And occasionally never slotted well.I thought there was going to be a huge expenditure.Showed it to the mechanic.He adjusted the clutch cable play from under the hood.And the problem was more or less solved.Its still a bit notchy but alot different from what it use to be.
raycers_honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 13:30   #933
BHPian

Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

CEL has come up on my OHC since yesterday. when I start the car, it stays off, but when I start driving it and have driven for few KMs, the lights comes ON. yesterday morning, it started to glow after driving 15 KM, yesterday evening, it came on after approx. 10 KM, and this morning after 2 KM.
O2 sensor was replaced approx. 10000 KMs ago, throttle body/Injector cleaning done approx. 13000 KMs. current ODO reading is 67000.

any guess?

thinking of taking the car to Arya Honda and have them look into it. i have an ODB II scanner but i think OHC does not have an OBD port, please confirm.
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 13:34   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
The steering is not returning because your PS pump is not producing enough pressure.

If your rims and tires are good and alignment and balancing is already done perfectly then please get your lower arm and link rod installation double checked. They would have possibly screwed up with the reinstall after the steering job. This could also be a reason for the steering not returning back.

Also is this problem happening while you are braking ?
No! no issues while breaking.. i just got the plunger adjusted and to my surprise the steering has not started returning. The only issue now is that my car still shakes or swings to me more precise, it can only be noticed on real low speed.. i guess its the rear end and not the front. The alignment and balancing has been done twice. the only part faulty so far i guess was the linkage rod for the upper arm. The bushings were changed recently as well...
LovemyOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 13:58   #935
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
CEL has come up on my OHC since yesterday. when I start the car, it stays off, but when I start driving it and have driven for few KMs, the lights comes ON. yesterday morning, it started to glow after driving 15 KM, yesterday evening, it came on after approx. 10 KM, and this morning after 2 KM.
O2 sensor was replaced approx. 10000 KMs ago, throttle body/Injector cleaning done approx. 13000 KMs. current ODO reading is 67000.

any guess?

thinking of taking the car to Arya Honda and have them look into it. i have an ODB II scanner but i think OHC does not have an OBD port, please confirm.
The OHC does have a scanner.Its a bit expensive though the last time i paid 800Rs.The result was the O2 sensor which i replaced for 3grand.Worked fine till now.
Old 13th June 2012, 14:18   #936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

any guess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
The OHC does have a scanner.Its a bit expensive though the last time i paid 800Rs.The result was the O2 sensor which i replaced for 3grand.Worked fine till now.
The OHC has an OBDII port just below the glove box.

There is a high probability that its the o2 again.

But like i have posted earlier you do not need to change the entire sensor.

The heating element is the problem are and can be changed for approx 1k at RK Electronics in Santacruz next to khira nagar.
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 14:26   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
The OHC has an OBDII port just below the glove box.

There is a high probability that its the o2 again.

But like i have posted earlier you do not need to change the entire sensor.

The heating element is the problem are and can be changed for approx 1k at RK Electronics in Santacruz next to khira nagar.

thanks kaushik! do you, by any chance, have a photograph of OBD port in OHC? OR any specific instructions to locate?
i'll go to the parking in some time and try to locate it,
if it indeed is an OBD II port, i can read and erase the code myself.
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 14:36   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks kaushik! do you, by any chance, have a photograph of OBD port in OHC? OR any specific instructions to locate?
i'll go to the parking in some time and try to locate it,
if it indeed is an OBD II port, i can read and erase the code myself.
Unfortunately I dont have a pic. Its right next to the ECU under the glove box on the passenger side foot well.
Old 13th June 2012, 15:16   #939
BHPian

I think ohc doesn't have obd ii port. I tried locating it earlier but couldn't find it. Can someone confirm this point.
saurabhkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 15:28   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I think ohc doesn't have obd ii port. I tried locating it earlier but couldn't find it. Can someone confirm this point.
Here you go. A post from the OHC GOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Indian OHC are OBD-II B, OBDI you will find mostly on JDM 1.5Vtec Yr 92-95.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 13th June 2012 at 15:29.
Old 13th June 2012, 15:49   #941
BHPian

Correction! after getting the plunger adjusted my steering is fine and returns properly.
LovemyOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 16:43   #942
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Its a green color port/connectore under the dash.Somewhere below the glovebox.But More towards center.
Old 13th June 2012, 18:20   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda

Its a green color port/connectore under the dash.Somewhere below the glovebox.But More towards center.
I had seen that port but the size made me feel that it's not obd ii. Have got a scangauge so will try it. Thanks for the update.
saurabhkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 21:50   #944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Thanks Ankit and Kaushik. Let me see if the drive home is ok. I am also worried about the Khat Khat sound that came from the front. Not sure what that could possibly be.
What's the udpate? How did the car behave on the way home?
Elaborate a bit more about the 'khat khat'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
I've been getting a sticky first gear that's quite notchy.. But eases after the car has warmed up and the clutch has been pumped a while. Also get a jerky shift when easing off the clutch on up-shifting from 1-2 n 2-3.
That's a very common problem in the OHC. The gear shift is notchy when cold and once the transmission has warmed up, it becomes ok.

Seems like a pressure plate issue. Get your clutch adjusted and checked for play. Most cases it's a simple clutch adjustment under the hood to rid the jerk/jump in soft shifting.

Quote:

any guess?

As Kaushiuk rightly said, it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Spot on location. It's tucked away and can be identified as the port is covered by a parrot green rubber cover.
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2012, 00:31   #945
BANNED

Has anyone here driven a car of the same class and felt its better than the OHC.
I feel nothing comes close.It just brings a big wide grin to your face.Even in the looks department.The OHC still Looks great amongst the vernas,anhc,Ventos.
All these new ones are like wannabe sedans.
The OHC is a Legend.And will soon get a cult status.