Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 19th February 2013, 20:14   #1471
BHPian

Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Cool. Glad I could help confirm.

For the tight steering perhaps you'd wanna see if the steering oil pump was working properly too. A weak pump could also cause a stiff steering.
How do you diagnose that the steering pump is at fault?
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 20:23   #1472
BHPian

Default Re: 1st Gen Honda City Owners - Problems Areas, Fuel Efficiency and more

Does anyone know whether the front grill of OHC is of same dimensions as that of Sixth Generation Civic?
I am wondering whether this grill would fit OHC?
http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Civic-Bl...c+type+r+grill
infotech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 20:29   #1473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post

How do you diagnose that the steering pump is at fault?
The steering oil on the reservoir will not swirl as fast & aggressively as it does normally. A weak circulation pump will not allow for a vigorous circulation. Other than that I don't know if there's any other way to diagnose.
Vandit is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 20:31   #1474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Does anyone know whether the front grill of OHC is of same dimensions as that of Sixth Generation Civic?
I am wondering whether this grill would fit OHC?
http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Civic-Bl...c+type+r+grill
It wont fit for sure.The sizes of both are different.
If you want to get a mesh grill,get one made on your OEM Grill or get in a Mesh Grill from R Style,Bangkok.

One problem,I am facing with my car.
One of the bulbs of the centre console has stopped working.It is the one behind the AC knob dials.Can that bulb be replaced?If yes,how?
Honda A.S.S says it can't be done.
cityvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 09:28   #1475
BHPian

I was told the same by Honda A.S.S that the bulb can not be replaced but did not give any convincing answer to why.

However, if you are adventurous, try reaching this far (check the thread mentioned) and find out whether it can be replaced or not.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...dashboard.html (Dismantling an OHC's dashboard!!)

On a side note: why is such an informative thread in Shifting Gears section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
One problem,I am facing with my car.
One of the bulbs of the centre console has stopped working.It is the one behind the AC knob dials.Can that bulb be replaced?If yes,how?
Honda A.S.S says it can't be done.
Old 20th February 2013, 12:04   #1476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was told the same by Honda A.S.S that the bulb can not be replaced but did not give any convincing answer to why.

However, if you are adventurous, try reaching this far (check the thread mentioned) and find out whether it can be replaced or not.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...dashboard.html (Dismantling an OHC's dashboard!!)

On a side note: why is such an informative thread in Shifting Gears section?
Afaik only the centre console needs to be opened.
Have gone through this thread made by Ishan,several times.Really informative to someone wanting to get something done by opening a few bits of your dash.

Another problem my car is facing,the door pads seem to be rattling a bit after the Audio install.Is it because they have not been fit properly or the clips have been broken?
Can all the clips be replaced?
Old 21st February 2013, 23:22   #1477
Senior - BHPian

Got the door pad problem sorted out on the car today.

Apparently most of the door pad clips had worn out or broken,got them all replaced and the door pads fixed back.
They are all rattle free now.
Its fun moving around in a car with some mind blowing audio and zero rattles.
Old 22nd February 2013, 09:41   #1478
BHPian

I've got a sudden small issue that I can't identify. All this time on idle in neutral, the engine was smooth & no vibration of any sort could be felt when sitting in the car. You'd be hard presses to tell the engine was running.

A couple of days ago, I noticed a slight "shudder" or shake when sitting in the car with it in idle. This shudder is faint & at random intervals but is noticeable. It almost reminded me of how trucks/busses shudder when their engine idles.

Can anyone help me identify what's causing this?? Idle rpm seems fine. The last minor adjustment done was to the tappet setting to correct the distinctive tapping sound that was suddenly audible a few weeks ago.

What's causing this change in idling behaviour??
Vandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2013, 23:49   #1479
BHPian

get your IAC valve cleaned throughly along with your throttle body and check your spark plugs.
if not the Plugs it could be your dirty injectors also.
jatinpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 00:08   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
get your IAC valve cleaned throughly along with your throttle body and check your spark plugs.
if not the Plugs it could be your dirty injectors also.
Apart from the IAC valve, all the rest were serviced recently in October when I got a through work up done for her. Posted it on this thread a few pages back. So the TB & Injectors are quite clean & plugs are OK too.

IAC I don't recall. Will ask my mechanic if it was checked.
Old 23rd February 2013, 08:00   #1481
BHPian

No change in RPM but you still feel a shudder, does it happen only at idle or while changing gears too? Checked the condition of engine/gearbox mounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
A couple of days ago, I noticed a slight "shudder" or shake when sitting in the car with it in idle. This shudder is faint & at random intervals but is noticeable. It almost reminded me of how trucks/busses shudder when their engine idles.

What's causing this change in idling behaviour??
Old 23rd February 2013, 09:48   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
No change in RPM but you still feel a shudder, does it happen only at idle or while changing gears too? Checked the condition of engine/gearbox mounts?
I've noticed it only on idle. Unfortunately with mumbai roads I can't really tell when shifting gears .. I don't think the mounts were checked specifically but ill have them looked up too
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:29   #1483
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I am thinking of getting a new muffler/end can for my OHC 1.5L. I am confused between Magnaflow & Borla. The Borla muffler I am interested in is called "Borla Boomer Thumper", here's the link: http://www.borla.com/products/thumpe...rt__40057.html

The Magnaflow that would fit is here: http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/d...rtnumber=14829

My question is, which would have a louder sound? It should not be too loud but definitely not the quiet type. I have looked up videos on youtube but have not found anything relevant. Any info would be appreciated.
carfreak77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 14:16   #1484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Hi Guys,
I am thinking of getting a new muffler/end can for my OHC 1.5L.
Carfreak,why don't you get a Free Flow Exhaust made by Raj Hinorgani or Automech or Race Concepts?
Getting a Free Flow Exhaust will help in performance gains too.

Incase you just want an endcan get one from Evotion/HKS/Remus.
Old 28th February 2013, 10:41   #1485
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I think since its been along time since an ohc meet , everyone should put should put up pics of their rides.
Yes, I do know it would be there in the respective galleries but having them again on the thread would do no harm.
It would also help fellow ohc owners to modify their own ohcs.
I keep reading post but have never really seen all the pics of the ohcs on this thread.
raycers_honda is offline   Reply With Quote