Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 20th May 2011, 13:40   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Getz power issues...pls help

@mohna41: Yes, The car is a 1.3, but what's the point...I still feel the slughishness - all the same. I wonder if it's got to do in ordering the only car that was there at the showroom itself and not waiting for a fresh car.

Not only that, i also get tappet noises, when you release the clutch without racing the engine. But other than these issues, the car is still fine (touchwood)

I don't know whom to contact to get these problems fixed. I live in chennai and luckily one of my friends suggested me to take it to another service center of Hyundai A.S.S).
trumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 14:04   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet View Post
Not only that, i also get tappet noises, when you release the clutch without racing the engine. But other than these issues, the car is still fine (touchwood)
@trumpet: I too get that noise when I release the clutch but only with the AC on. In fact without AC, the car's drive-ability is excellent. It is with AC the car struggles. Hence I sometimes switch off the AC when I want to speed up quickly and then switch it on.
mohan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 21:51   #78
BHPian

@mohan, I believe this is an issue with the desgin of Getz ?, I don't know, but its hard to hear that sound, looks to me as if I am strangling the engine. I have been to the HASS many times, they have run their scans but yet they are unable to solve the issue.

What could be possibly done ?
trumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 19:53   #79
BHPian

It is a design issue. It is a combination of multiple things - poor low end torque of the 1.3 engine, bad gearing, AC compressor that cools well but overload on the engine. You can try another good HASS. Beyond that, I have seen threads in TBHP that discuss about improving low end torque. May be you can look at those. I hope other experts who commented in this thread earlier will chime in.
mohan41 is offline   Reply With Quote