Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 29th July 2007, 13:49   #1
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default how to get my xing eRLX'd ?

hi all,
guyz i own a santro xing model 2004. Its obviously a euro stage 2, non eRLX vehicle. Although i am utterly satisfied with its performance and efficiency, i just read in a couple of places incl xing's new brochure that the eRLX xing is peppier, more responsive and slightly more efficient as well.
Since then, i have been thinking if i could invest some money and get mine eRLX'd too..i dont wanna xchange mine for a new vehicle because my vehicle is very dear to me and besides, it is in its prime as far as performance goes.

what are your views on that and how do i get it done ?? Thanx in advance !
Vishesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 14:58   #2
BHPian

I think eRLX is the name of the engine. Trying to get your Xing eRLX'd would seem like an engine swap. I have no idea if Hyundai would offer swapping the engine.

A
Absar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 15:16   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Isn't eRLX just an ECU remap?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th July 2007 at 15:30.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 15:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
I think eRLX is the name of the engine. Trying to get your Xing eRLX'd would seem like an engine swap. I have no idea if Hyundai would offer swapping the engine.

A
if its a engine change then alot of money and paper work will be involved and i would suggest to stay away from it then

i to think it was some change in the ecu
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 15:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't eRLX just an ECU remap?
ECU Remap?? I'm very doubtful. When I asked the salesperson the difference between the normal Xing and the Xing eRLX prior to getting our Xing eRLX, he did not mention anything like the ECU is remapped differently. All he said was, the engine is different in eRLX from the normal Santro.

A
Absar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 15:55   #6
BHPian

eRLX is just a remap, both are the same basic engines only retued to deliver / address the shortcommings. I also heard that some changes to the injector were incorporated in the eRLX engine.
ritayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 16:18   #7
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
eRLX is just a remap, both are the same basic engines only retued to deliver / address the shortcommings. I also heard that some changes to the injector were incorporated in the eRLX engine.
I don't know if it is a marketing gimmick but the website says:

Source: Santro

How advanced are you?

You're someone who is fast in embracing technology. But at times find yourself in a situation where available technology doesn't answer your needs. Juggling between mileage and power when it comes to your car's performance? We've just solved your problem, with the new generation of super efficient engines with artificial intelligence. Engines that think on their own.

The revolutionary engine that delivers terrific acceleration and mileage.

What is eRLX?
The new Santro Xing Engine that boasts of such unique elements as :

* Rotary Head Intelligent Valve Actuator ( RHiA )
* Differentially Programmed Intelligent Injection ( DPiI )
* Real time Intelligent Ignition ( RTiI )
* Fuel Quality Immunizer
* Optima Design Combustion Chamber
* Ultra Low Friction Piston rings

How does 'Active Intelligence' technology work?
You encounter varying driving conditions everyday. Always demanding more from your car's engine. In terms of power, EFFICIENCY, reliability and long life. Just like each driver is unique, so is each engine. The 'Active Intelligence' technology empowers the engine to think and operate at its best under any usage condition, delivering maximum power and mileage.

RHiATM (Rotary Head Intelligent Valve Actuator) is a cool customer. It does the job of opening and closing the valves with effortless ease, delivering more power while reducing the engine work load. Because of this the engine heats up less and gets more life. Add to this the thin section low-friction piston rings reduce mechanical load, Plus wear and tear.

DPiITM (Differentially Programmed Intelligent Injection) reads your mind. It feeds the engine with fuel differently under different driving requirements, delivering the best power and mileage from the engine. During rapid acceleration, when more power is required, injectors are pulsed in groups of two at a time. At cruise, injectors sequentially deliver fuel to the cylinders as per the firing order, thereby delivering the best of mileage.

RTiITM (Real Time Intelligent Ignition) never misses a trick. It determines the perfect time to ignite the fuel and air mixture under any condition. Instead of fixed ignition curves in normal programmed ECUs, the RTiI reads the quality of fuel and your mind, changing the ignition timing accordingly to deliver perfect combustion. Resulting in superb mileage, power and ultra-low emissions.

Benefits

* Refined Power Output
* Best in class Torque
* Improved Fuel Mileage
* Reduced Emissions
* Less Wear & Tear
* Enhanced Engine Life
dj_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 21:56   #8
BHPian

This is what i found in Hyundai's website!

Engine
eRLX means 'active intelligence' technology engine You encounter varying driving conditions everyday. Always demanding more from your car’s engine. In terms of power efficiency, reliability and long life. Just like each driver is unique, so is each engine. The 'active intelligence' technology empowers the engine to think and operate at its best under usage condition, delivering maximum power and mileage.

It does the job of opening and closing the valves with effortless ease,delivering more power while reducing the engine work load. Because of this the engine heath up less and gets more life. Add to this the thin section low-friction piston rings reduce mechanical load, plus wear and tear. mileage from the engine. During rapid acceleration. When more power is required, injectors are pulsed in groups of two at a time. At cruise, injectors sequentially deliver fuel to the cylinders as per the firing order,thereby delivering the best of mileage. It determines the perfect time to ignite the fuel and air ­mixture under any condition. Instead of fixed ignition curves in normal programmed ELUs, the klil” Read the quality of fuel and your mind, changing the ignition timing accordingly to deliver perfect combustion. Resulting is superb mileage, power and ultra low emissions

Last edited by xinome : 29th July 2007 at 21:57.
xinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 22:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
ECU Remap?? I'm very doubtful. When I asked the salesperson the difference between the normal Xing and the Xing eRLX prior to getting our Xing eRLX, he did not mention anything like the ECU is remapped differently. All he said was, the engine is different in eRLX from the normal Santro.

A

That's all the salesmen know.

Vishesh, if you are happy with the current performance of your car, why bother.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2007, 22:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

In my family we owned Xing (2004 model) and Xing with erlx (2006 model) engine, trust me there is no difference at all. I feel there may be 0.50 kmpl extra FE with erlx. Upgrading to erlx is like not possible work If you still want to do that I feel you need to buy engine and associated component and may be some papaer work needed as well.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote