Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 28th August 2007, 12:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Are the syndicate wipers MGA? Cause i got syndicate from after market and they were bad.
I would think so. Got them fitted at the dealer workshop. The 19 month old ones (that came with the car) were leaving marks on the windscreen on the downstroke. This was pretty evident during light drizzles. The new set does the same, more so on the drivers side.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 15:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
The 19 month old ones (that came with the car) were leaving marks on the windscreen on the downstroke. The new set does the same, more so on the drivers side.
Try this, wipe the blade up and down with a clean cloth dipped in Teepol/dishwash liquid, and wipe the glass gently with the same, then rinse. This removes built-up grime, oils, waxes,etc.

If it does not help, looks like fault is not with the blades but the setting of the wiper arms. They should be perfectly parallel to the glass. A good mechanic will know how to correct the arm if it's bent.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 15:46   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I would think so. Got them fitted at the dealer workshop. The 19 month old ones (that came with the car) were leaving marks on the windscreen on the downstroke. This was pretty evident during light drizzles. The new set does the same, more so on the drivers side.
time has come to change the wiper blades of my baleno also. Please suggest what brand should I go for. The OEM wipers in my car were syndicate and they have served faithfully for 2 and half years.
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 15:51   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

can anybody please tell me what decarbonising means? MASS never asked me to do so during any servicing and my car has dome 38000 Km till date. But every three months or so I make it a point to use 3M choke and carb cleaner. What I do is open the air intake pipe, spray the 3M cleaner keeping the engine running and increase the throttle while sparying. Is this the same thing that the MASS guys charge so much in the name of decarbonising?
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 17:01   #20
BHPian

Bosch wipers are good. Better than any other aftermarket brand I guess.

Decarbonizing is removing the carbon built up in engines. I believe they use a flushing agent to remove the carbon built up. It not the same as what you have described blackpearl.
crazydiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2007, 17:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
time has come to change the wiper blades of my baleno also. Please suggest what brand should I go for. The OEM wipers in my car were syndicate and they have served faithfully for 2 and half years.
Roots and Bosch are other brands. I fitted Syndicate in my Lancer, and it's working fine.
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 14:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Default Bosch

I have used syndicate wipers in all the cars we have owned..the quality sucks..
Recently I went to Coorg and was finding it very difficult to drive due to constant smudging of windscreen..showed to the maruti auth serv centre..he told me that there is problem with windscreen...wipers are fine...
But when I saw that he carried Bosch..I suddently bacame interested in changing the blades..just to try them....
They were mindblowing...all the smudges that were supposedly because of the windscreen getting scratched over the past 40k kms went away and the wipers cleaned the screen very efficiently..
only grudge is that cost double the price of MGA syndicate...but guess this is one of those situations where you get what you pay for
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 15:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Well have used both Bosch and Syndicate and seriously speaking I didn't find any difference between these two. Yeah when it was brand new I felt maybe the Bosch was better as the glass looked very clean and all.But after just two weeks use everything was back to square one.Now after a month the swipe of Bosch is not that clean and leaves streaks after swipe.:-(
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 18:13   #24
Senior - BHPian

a tip of advice for baleno owners-
i had to replace all four shock springs since two of them had lost its height, initially was looking out for sgp item but its cost are high. then after market branded ones more cotlier. so on advice of my friend at spares shop he got me two sets made in india. total cost 4400. what i got was much improved handling & stiffer ride as these are harder. dont we dream of same effect with konis? why spend more then!
gigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 18:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
i had to replace all four shock springs since two of them had lost its height, initially was looking out for sgp item but its cost are high.
How much do the SGP springs cost?
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 18:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

i had to replace all four shock springs since two of them had lost its height, initially was looking out for sgp item but its cost are high. then after market branded ones more cotlier. so on advice of my friend at spares shop he got me two sets made in india. total cost 4400. what i got was much improved handling & stiffer ride as these are harder. dont we dream of same effect with konis? why spend more then!
Old 23rd November 2007, 20:18   #27
Team-BHP Support

Seems like a day dedicated to Baleno's of this world. Almost every thread is about this model today
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 22:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Seems like a day dedicated to Baleno's of this world. Almost every thread is about this model today
I was thinking the same. Is it a Baleno day or something. Kudos to Baleno.
PatienceWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 23:30   #29
Senior - BHPian

dont know the exact cost of springs but guess it to be in 15k to 20k range,because when i was replacing all wheel bearings after rains maruti authorized service center quoted 12k for rear bearings only i bought original sgp sets of front and back for less than 5k. this is how we are billed.
front lower arm set cost 2.4k ( desi make.they supply authorized service centers also is what i heard). i replaced it after that khat khat noise was coming. that noise was still coming then realised that it was that small thing which connects the stabilizer bar and lower arm the cause. cost of replacement 400rs. almost all front components for less than10k buddy.
mods please delete my repeat post above. some problem in pda connection and it was sent twice.