Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2007, 01:22   #16
BHPian
 
payam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 924
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

sam,if it is because of wide tyre which i got so you mean every car that has upsized the tyres face the same problem?
i know and saw many of car with wide tyres and lots of mods but no issue so far.even few of bhpian i know who has upsized their tyre not by 1" but 2".
payam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 05:15   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 175
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
after i came back to pune noticed a problem with my steering wheel.it is damn jammed and doesnt turn back when i take any turn.
i have changed the strut mountain no result.
then clean the power steering pump and change it's oil.again nothing.
everybody is saying it is the wrack and it has to be changed.
now the mechanic has found something new and he is saying the tyre roden are gone and they dont move properly.
expert plz help me what can it be.
wrack is damn expensive and they say it can hardly be repaired.
You changed a strut mounting because your steering wheel is jammed
akg7091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 05:23   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 175
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Even one of my friends has oversized his palio's tyres. I think he has 185 something on 14inch wheels. I don't remember the aspect ratio.
His car handles ok. I drove it just once and no probs whatsoever. It has been almost a year now since the upgrade and still working fine. Did you go to a fiat dealer ?
If you have extended warranty on the car then try contact fiat. From what I have read in the magazines ( Autocar etc ) Fiat is really trying to improve it's brand image and is focussing on customer service. Contact them, and ask them what the prob is.
Best of luck dude
akg7091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2007, 20:30   #19
BHPian
 
payam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 924
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
You changed a strut mounting because your steering wheel is jammed
no baba,i changed it because the bearing was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Even one of my friends has oversized his palio's
tyres. I think he has 185 something on 14inch wheels. I don't remember the aspect ratio.
His car handles ok. I drove it just once and no probs whatsoever. It has been almost a year now since the upgrade and still working fine. Did you go to a fiat dealer ?
If you have extended warranty on the car then try contact fiat. From what I have read in the magazines ( Autocar etc ) Fiat is really trying to improve it's brand image and is focussing on customer service. Contact them, and ask them what the prob is.
Best of luck dude
i tryed this but they said the rack has to be changed without having a look at it 17k+5k labour.
but the good and strange thing is today the steering was absolutely smooth and no issue even MF drove it and saw the same thing.
let's see how is it gonna be tomorrow.
payam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 08:26   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 241
Thanked: Once
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Even one of my friends has oversized his palio's tyres. I think he has 185 something on 14inch wheels. I don't remember the aspect ratio.
His car handles ok. I drove it just once and no probs whatsoever. It has been almost a year now since the upgrade and still working fine. Did you go to a fiat dealer ?
If you have extended warranty on the car then try contact fiat. From what I have read in the magazines ( Autocar etc ) Fiat is really trying to improve it's brand image and is focussing on customer service. Contact them, and ask them what the prob is.
Best of luck dude
neither fiat nor any brand in this world will provide worranty on a altered /modified wheel geometry!
by the way i have personally checked his car.
and am certified tech expert on fiat cars by fiat spa. italy
TURBOSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 08:49   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 241
Thanked: Once
Default hello !

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
no baba,i changed it because the bearing was gone.



i tryed this but they said the rack has to be changed without having a look at it 17k+5k labour.
but the good and strange thing is today the steering was absolutely smooth and no issue even MF drove it and saw the same thing.
let's see how is it gonna be tomorrow.
if u prefer to read th quatation again its not 5000 only for the rack mr payam .. please do read it carefully

if the guy the guy who checked ur car is certified technical expert honoured by fiat itly awarded t.e.c.<technico esperto de.concsanario> plus 7 years of hands on experience on the same fiat brand plus drives at least 10 different palios on daily basis .plus drives his own gte to commute . if he says its gone . its gone ! simple!!!
and how come the stiff joint , shocks and tie rods and track rods got right automatically ! even your clutch is on the verge of replacement ,
and if after checking ur car for nearly one hour and after giving u the written estimation including the breakdown of immediate maintaince and schdulded maintaince u say they didnt check ur car .... then they are wrong in the method .. they should have opened everything in front you showed u the damage asked ur friend<with all due respect to his knoledge-no offence intended>to check it then charge u handsomely for labour for removing and refitteng all the old parts, then ask u to take an appointment the next week and get stripped well on thecnical backgrounds..
u got the free advice +free written quatation of time money and spares required plus tech advice and explanatioN BY THE WORKS MANAGER WHOSE COMPANY DELIVERS @80 CARS ON DAILY BASIS -- ALL FREE OF COST ONLY BECAUSE U ARE A TEAM BHP MEMBER AND HE IS A TEAM BHP MEMBER too . i think its an exploitation and double standard mal practices which should be avoided by all the team bhpians . its tarnishing the image of the fourum in the eyes of the honest and sincers bhpian members..

Last edited by TURBOSAM : 4th September 2007 at 08:53.
TURBOSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 08:59   #22
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,625
Thanked: 6,149 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOSAM View Post
u got the free advice +free written quatation of time money and spares required plus tech advice and explanatioN BY THE WORKS MANAGER WHOSE COMPANY DELIVERS @80 CARS ON DAILY BASIS -- ALL FREE OF COST ONLY BECAUSE U ARE A TEAM BHP MEMBER AND HE IS A TEAM BHP MEMBER too . i think its an exploitation and double standard mal practices which should be avoided by all the team bhpians . its tarnishing the image of the fourum in the eyes of the honest and sincers bhpian members..
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAYAM
i tryed this but they said the rack has to be changed without having a look at it 17k+5k labour.
but the good and strange thing is today the steering was absolutely smooth and no issue even MF drove it and saw the same thing.
let's see how is it gonna be tomorrow.
Payam, you are wrong in your way of approach. I recommended you to go to Sameer and get your car checked and do some basic fixes but you did not handle it the right way. I had also given you an option to get the car fixed from a local garage which he recommended if you couldn't afford the labour costs and other expenses involved in getting your car fixed at an authorized dealership.
What you did here:
1) Got the car checked from an authorized dealership under supervision of a technical guy who knows what he is doing for a few years and is very well experienced at that.
2) He checked your car religiously from the head lamp to the tail lamp and gave you various options in repairing, replacing, fixing it under various budget constraints. He handed over the paper to you and you went to a local garage with it to fix it.
3) Now I know the local garage you went to and his technical abilities to handle modern day cars. (Atleast I can analyse it when he changes a strut mount for fixing a steering jam problem).
4) On top of it you openly claim that " tryed this but they said the rack has to be changed without having a look at it 17k+5k labour." which is absolutely wrong.
5) Even if your steering is smoother than before I would still say your rack is jacked and you can take your own decisions with all due respect to your car. But rest assured I wouldn't advise or request people I know to check your car F.O.C. you are open to advises from others and can take help from them ok?

Enjoy your drives.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 09:33   #23
BHPian
 
shrivz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pune, MH12
Posts: 603
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Payam, Everyone here is trying to help you!

YOU are the one who has previously been taken for a ride by your mechanic. and YOU are the one who is again getting yourself taken for a ride!

You went to an authorized fiat service centre. The word authorized means that fait, the car manufacturer has given these people the authority to work on your car only because they are qualified and capable of doing so!

It is not a common practice for the "Works Manager" to personally attend to a customer's car!

It is 100% wrong on your part to go to an authorized service centre for a fukkat ka checkup and then goto your local mechanic to get it fixed!

If your local mechanic was capable of fixing it in the first place. You wouldn't have had to go to the Authorized Fiat Service Centre.

Anyways, I just hope you get your issue sorted out and understand that your so called mechanic is just taking you for a ride! You are only being penny wise and pound foolish!
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 14:55   #24
BHPian
 
payam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 924
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

guys:
1.the autorised dealer which i mentioned was jay_vijay who qoute me 5000+17000.
2.i changed the strut mount because its bearing was gone(see post #19).
3.MF,i've been waiting to see that local mechanic since 1months and still nothing,so i couldnt wait to see my car blown and i've done only some servicing like spark plugs,battery,...which i think my mechanic is not that bad to do these thing.
4.as i said and you saw my steering wheel is now ok and smooth and if any issue happen again i directly will change the rack which is depend on my financial situation.
5.i havent done anything due to steering problem yet neither mount nor rod.
I really appreciate your helps and comments guys,you are always there to help me specially you kiran,but you know my situation(i am brok)
payam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 15:10   #25
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,625
Thanked: 6,149 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
guys:
1.the autorised dealer which i mentioned was jay_vijay who qoute me 5000+17000.
Well then we thought otherwise.

Quote:
2.i changed the strut mount because its bearing was gone(see post #19).
Again, there is no bearing in a strut mount, at least I am unaware of this.

Quote:
3.MF,i've been waiting to see that local mechanic since 1months and still nothing,so i couldnt wait to see my car blown and i've done only some servicing like spark plugs,battery,...which i think my mechanic is not that bad to do these thing.
How much did you pay for doing basic stuff and what else did you do? You told me a lot of things which I am not aware of. BTW did I mention it to you that he hasn't used the correct wiper blades for the Palio either? They are shorter than the Palio's blades and you know how he has fitted them? They come off when the wiper is on high speed. You have seen me over the last four weekends haven't you and weekdays is impossible for me to take you to the mechanic.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 15:14   #26
BHPian
 
shrivz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pune, MH12
Posts: 603
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
guys:
2.i changed the strut mount because its bearing was gone(see post #19).
There is a bearing on the strut mout!!!

This is news to me!!

Hats off to Fiat for making such an engineering marvel!

EDIT: @MF: you beat me to it..
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 15:25   #27
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,625
Thanked: 6,149 Times
Default

No mebbe Payam meant he changed his wheel bearings. I am not sure but I don't believe in the mech you go to Payam. He is a con artist and I can vouch for it because Karl was his regular customer and he stopped going to him after that bugger billed him for stuff he did not do.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 15:27   #28
BHPian
 
shrivz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pune, MH12
Posts: 603
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

I requote: "2.i changed the strut mount because its bearing was gone(see post #19)."

Anyways.. all the best payam.. you can contact any of us if you need any help..
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 16:54   #29
BHPian
 
payam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: pune
Posts: 924
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

MF_you are right about wiper and i changed them 3,4 days ago(purchase from jay_vijay).
i cant explain you what i mean by bearing of mount but when i meet you again guys i will show you what part of it was gone.
kiran i know how busy you've been baba,that's what i said .you know how bad my car was when i came from iran.if i would have driven it with that condition oh god knows what would have happend man.that's why i got it serviced and the list which i changed are as below:
1.battery
2.spark plugs
3.fuel filter
4.wipers
5.PS oil
6.break oil
7.cluth oil
8.got my k&n clean
9.wheel alignment and balancing
10.break pads
11.strut mount

Last edited by payam : 4th September 2007 at 17:01.
payam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 17:04   #30
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,625
Thanked: 6,149 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by payam View Post
the list which i changed are as below:
1.battery
2.spark plugs
3.fuel filter
4.wipers
5.PS oil
6.break oil
7.cluth oil
8.got my k&n clean
9.wheel alignment and balancing
10.break pads
11.strut mount
Ok just to get in damage control mode, ensure that

1) Battery is 65Ah
2) The heat range of the plugs is same as that recommended by Fiat.
3) Fuel filter is original.
4) No prob
5) No prob
6 & 7) Brake and clutch oil is same and goes in the same reservoir hope you didn't get billed more than 100 bucks for this.
8) No prob
9) No prob
10) No prob
11) No comment.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All wheel steering vs front wheel steering SamtheLeo Technical Stuff 17 28th July 2009 20:11
Steering wheel hub and gearknob for palio 16v100bhp Modifications & Accessories 4 7th May 2007 19:14
SWIFT Steering wheel problem raja748 Technical Stuff 6 12th September 2006 13:48
Wanted: Boss Kit (Steering Wheel Adaptor) for Palio basilmabraham Shifting gears 1 13th May 2006 19:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:49.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks