Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 3rd July 2013, 14:56   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Need help with my Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
I too bought a second hand Zen LX 1999 model. Got the regular jobs done like oils etc. fitted new tyres and alignment. Working well.
Now just observed slight water leakage passenger side under the dashboard during rains. What / where should I look to find the problem?
So gald to see someone buy Zen '99!

What will be your primary use? Are you planning for mods?

You can also check all the holes in firewall. May be one of it is missing sealing bush. Also (hope not) some minor holes due to rust.
devrajman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2013, 22:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
I too bought a second hand Zen LX 1999 model. Got the regular jobs done like oils etc. fitted new tyres and alignment. Working well.
Now just observed slight water leakage passenger side under the dashboard during rains. What / where should I look to find the problem?
Hi There,

I had the same issue with my Zen back in 2011. It was rust that had formed on the firewall. I was quoted 3000 INR for the job since they had to replace the sheet, weld it to the main frame and paint it. In my vehicle, water drips when it rains heavily and one does fine water in the foot well after a car wash.

Get it checked as soon as possible.
Maxwell Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2013, 22:21   #33
BHPian

Thanks for all the responses will check and let you know how it goes.
Gerardfdz is offline   Reply With Quote