Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 6th December 2012, 09:16   #106
Default Re: Scorpio morning-start problem at high altitudes

Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Maybe the flywheel ring has some broken teeth, that causes starting trouble since that slips when engaged with the starter. I had this problem, had to change the ring after which it became fine. But the starting trouble will be there at all times, not just cold starts.
There is no slippage of the starter. It is just taking longer. Today I tried using one of the methods where I switched off and On 4 times without engaging the starter and fifth time when I engaged the starter, it fired up the first time. I think I will try the various methods and see what prove to be effective. As said previously, there is no problem starting during the day even after a 8 hour halt.
gharika is offline   Reply With Quote