Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2009, 22:42   #271
Senior - BHPian
 
navan49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 998
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

Hi 4vray,

I believe you have given the number from the paper. Please check the Chassis number below the bonnet. In that in addition to your MALBB51BR9M089278 there may be an alphabet and numerical number like A9 H9 like that. A9 me and January 2009 and H9 means August 2009. So please check the number again. What I mentioned here is for Maruti cars. Others may also follow the same pattern.
navan49 is offline  
Old 20th December 2009, 22:50   #272
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

^^^ For Hyundai its on the floor,under the Driver Seat, you can see a flap cut open, The number will be like MALBB51BR9M089278*J

Last edited by wildon : 20th December 2009 at 22:51.
wildon is offline  
Old 21st December 2009, 01:00   #273
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,777
Thanked: 959 Times
Default

Hi Wildon could you get this one for me please?
1YVGF22C8W5690358
Thanks!
blackasta is offline  
Old 21st December 2009, 07:50   #274
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Hi Wildon could you get this one for me please?
1YVGF22C8W5690358
Thanks!
VIN : 1YVGF22C8W5690358
Make : MAZDA
Model : 626 (Capella)
Version : LX/DX
Body type: sedan
Doors quantity:4-door
Drive: undefined
Engine displacement, cc: 2261
Description of engine: petrol, L4, DOHC, 16V
Model year: 1998
Period of produce: 04.1997-11.1999 (2002 ?)
Gearbox type: automatic, 6-speed
Assembly plant: undefined
Country of origin: USA
Manufacturer: Ford
Sequential number:690358
Check digit: OK!
Comments (additional information): market: US, Canada

Last edited by wildon : 21st December 2009 at 08:00.
wildon is offline  
Old 21st December 2009, 08:29   #275
BHPian
 
faridsahmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 150
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Hi Wildon,
Can you please decode this : MALAN51CR9M486544 ?
faridsahmed is offline  
Old 21st December 2009, 09:09   #276
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
MALAN51CR9M486544
MODEL NAME : i10
MODEL YEAR : 2009
BODY TYPE : 5 Door
ENGINE : 1.2L-KAPPA
ENGINE TYPE : DOHC-MPI
FUEL TYPE : Unleaded gasolin
T/A TYPE : 5 speed MT-2WD
PRODUCTION DATE: 11-11-2009
INTERIOR COLOR: FA (TWINKLE STAR)
EXTERIOR COLOR: NB (BLUSHING RED)
wildon is offline  
Old 21st December 2009, 09:14   #277
BHPian
 
faridsahmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 150
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
MODEL NAME : i10
MODEL YEAR : 2009
BODY TYPE : 5 Door
ENGINE : 1.2L-KAPPA
ENGINE TYPE : DOHC-MPI
FUEL TYPE : Unleaded gasolin
T/A TYPE : 5 speed MT-2WD
PRODUCTION DATE: 11-11-2009
INTERIOR COLOR: FA (TWINKLE STAR)
EXTERIOR COLOR: NB (BLUSHING RED)
Thanks Wildon for the prompt one.
faridsahmed is offline  
Old 21st December 2009, 20:45   #278
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Goa
Posts: 48
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

my ford Ikon
MAJAXXMRTA9K16488

I think the dealer is dumping an old one on me...

please help.
agent009 is offline  
Old 21st December 2009, 21:23   #279
Senior - BHPian
 
deepclutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Muvattupuzha
Posts: 1,120
Thanked: 109 Times
Default

@wildon:I got My Vista Terra Quadrajet's Chassis Number as well as the Three Alphabet Code.Hoping to take delivery on 24th.
Please Decode this for Me.thanks:
MAT61143PE*****
3 alphabet code found on the sticker : MRS
deepclutch is offline  
Old 21st December 2009, 21:43   #280
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,592
Thanked: 920 Times
Default

wildon, I've always wondered how you to seem to be aware of all the VIN details - have you researched them all extensively since they keep varying from manufacturer to manufacturer ?
sdp1975 is offline  
Old 21st December 2009, 21:53   #281
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kolkata, WB
Posts: 2,777
Thanked: 959 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
VIN : 1YVGF22C8W5690358
Make : MAZDA
Model : 626 (Capella)
Version : LX/DX
Body type: sedan
Doors quantity:4-door
Drive: undefined
Engine displacement, cc: 2261
Description of engine: petrol, L4, DOHC, 16V
Model year: 1998
Period of produce: 04.1997-11.1999 (2002 ?)
Gearbox type: automatic, 6-speed
Assembly plant: undefined
Country of origin: USA
Manufacturer: Ford
Sequential number:690358
Check digit: OK!
Comments (additional information): market: US, Canada
Thanks a lot! This was my first car.
blackasta is offline  
Old 21st December 2009, 21:55   #282
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent009 View Post
my ford Ikon
MAJAXXMRTA9K16488

I think the dealer is dumping an old one on me...

please help.
Its manufactured in October 2009.

The 11th digit represent YEAR , its 9 so year is 2009
The 12th digit represent MONTH, its K so the month is October

This is applicable for the year 2009 only

November = D
December = E
wildon is offline  
Old 21st December 2009, 22:15   #283
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
@wildon:I got My Vista Terra Quadrajet's Chassis Number as well as the Three Alphabet Code.Hoping to take delivery on 24th.
Please Decode this for Me.thanks:
MAT61143PE*****
3 alphabet code found on the sticker : MRS

The customers who booked in October 2009 got similar numbers i.e PE, but i'm still not sure about the month of manufacturing. Can you send me the full VIN number to me as PM so i can compare with the serial numbers of others. also 2 digit are missing before the PE which you have posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
wildon, I've always wondered how you to seem to be aware of all the VIN details - have you researched them all extensively since they keep varying from manufacturer to manufacturer ?
Even i wondered about this 8month ago by seeing others doing the same. Its just sheer research and good rapport with the right persons made this happen. Thanks for those who shared their VIN's for the researching purpose.

Last edited by wildon : 21st December 2009 at 22:19.
wildon is offline  
Old 21st December 2009, 22:24   #284
Senior - BHPian
 
wildon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,405
Thanked: 1,040 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Thanks a lot! This was my first car.
Hey thats good to know. Have you used it in India or US/Canada? Allow me to digg deep on the history of this car
wildon is offline  
Old 21st December 2009, 22:33   #285
Senior - BHPian
 
navan49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 998
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

Hi Wildon,

It is the interest you had and help a lot of ignorant people finding the VIN. Still there are many innocent people, after your repeated instruction to send the numbers including the alpha numeric with chassis number they just copy the Chassis number from RC or invoice and send you. Any how please keep up your good job.
navan49 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN) wildon On buying a car 2649 13th December 2017 12:21
ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date ajmat On buying a car 162 27th June 2017 10:57
How to tell the Manufacturing Date of a Tyre Jorge Tyre & Alloy wheel Section 61 30th December 2016 23:26
Lean Manufacturing in Indian Automotive Industry amitpunjani The Indian Car Scene 10 21st August 2007 15:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks