Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 15th September 2007, 00:13   #1
Senior - BHPian
Default A baleno snag & how it got rectified

hi all,
this thread is for information to fellow bhpns ,baleno owners in particular. i would appreciate suggestions from the experts.
the problem-
while driving in lpg mode with ac on for an hour two days back at max speed 100kmph, observed car idle rpm moving into higher band with check engine light flashing occasionally and then staying on whenever car used to idle at 2000rpm. after some time car was behaving like it is low on fuel. switched over to petrol but the problem remains. after parking at home saw idle rpm remaining steady at 2000rpm.disconnected the battery & left it for the night.
morning restarted & rpm still stayed at 1800 mark, little erratic. so replaced the spark plugs with spare set, cleaned air filter, checked oil level and all connections in engine bay.
restarted again but the fault stays, idling is steady but at 2000. by afternoon fed up of this decided its time to visit service center and made up my mind for anything upto a engine overhaul. she has done 72000kms.
on the way to service station suddenly decided will go for a complete test run & see whats happening. for about 30 minutes on eastern erpress drove her at 100-130 range whenever possible & then was coming back. suddenly at signal noticed the idle rpm has come to 700.no engine light & even after reving upto 5k rpm, it was normal. came home happily.
next two days she is fine with no problem.
can someone explain this. this engine light comes on after ripping for sometime after i changed over to closed loop lpg system. the installer had removed the dual feed lpg line & put a single feed line. today i put back the dual feed line. let me see its performance tomorrow.
so does baleno ecu correct itself once problem clears
gigy is offline   Reply With Quote