Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2007, 14:37   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
binz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 411 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
so it means that all the rally drivers and drag racers simply waste power during starting by spinning their wheels??

Not exactly waste of power.More like waste of time.
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 14:49   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,083
Thanked: 252 Times
Default

binz, be reasonable. The power is 'wasted' if it did not contribute toward the intended objective.
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 14:50   #78
Distinguished - BHPian
 
BlackPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 2,314
Thanked: 4,390 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
All the reactions coming from student category only. (as I mentioned in my post)

Here I am not bothering I am just making the people understand the value of money but people do not seem to know.

Now open challenge - only those will reply to my post who fall in following category

1. Who redlining his car, bought by himself
or
2. Who borrow the car from friend and he knows the kind of driving your are doing and car bought by himself (your friend)
or
3. Who can drive his father or mother car before him/her the same manner as mentioned in the initial tread.

Bottom line is this please respect the money and it will respect you.

If the owner of the vehicle knows the kind of driving you are doing, then I don not have to say any thing. (The kind of remark I am getting is really .....I am really sorry for you people)
all I can say you are not heading anywhere and you ware not getting popular in a forum like this.
I have been working for four years and have spent my hard earned money on my car so much that I do not have a single penny left in my bank during the last few days of every month. And yes I love my car more than you can imagine and yes I redline it as often as I like. I dissolved my mutual funds this month to go to Gill Drill so that I can learn how to drive better and I do not regret that I may have to spend the rest of the month with not enough money for proper meals. My friends never hesitate to give me their car keys because they know how much I love cars and how well I will treat their cars. And would you care to please point out what you mean by point 3 of your post? I am sure there are many things that even you would not like doing in front of your father and mother. But that does not necessarliy mean anything. PERIOD.
Sorry mods if I have gone overboard by replying in such a manner.
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 15:02   #79
BHPian
 
vivek_pinkoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 194
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
all I can say you are not heading anywhere and you ware not getting popular in a forum like this.
I have been working for four years and have spent my hard earned money on my car so much that I do not have a single penny left in my bank during the last few days of every month. And yes I love my car more than you can imagine and yes I redline it as often as I like. I dissolved my mutual funds this month to go to Gill Drill so that I can learn how to drive better and I do not regret that I may have to spend the rest of the month with not enough money for proper meals. My friends never hesitate to give me their car keys because they know how much I love cars and how well I will treat their cars. And would you care to please point out what you mean by point 3 of your post? I am sure there are many things that even you would not like doing in front of your father and mother. But that does not necessarliy mean anything. PERIOD.
Sorry mods if I have gone overboard by replying in such a manner.
I can call it nothing but self appreciation, I am not sure what are you trying to say or proof.

As far as popularity is concerned I do not care and what I care is whatever I say come from logic. period.....

And for mother and father topic, do not try to be over..... better stick to the point.

Last edited by vivek_pinkoo : 19th September 2007 at 15:09.
vivek_pinkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 15:10   #80
BHPian
 
WhiteKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 828
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
whatever I say come from logic. period.....
Whatever that logic may be, you are not contributing anything worth for the topic of this thread. Please create a new thread to discuss your "logic".

It is a good habit to appreciate others' views. As long as I know there is not govt/religious rule that states "Thou shall not redline your car", and you are not a high priest I believe.

Btw, only cars I ever redlined were the ones I bought by my money.
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 15:22   #81
Distinguished - BHPian
 
BlackPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 2,314
Thanked: 4,390 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
I can call it nothing but self appreciation, I am not sure what are you trying to say or proof.

As far as popularity is concerned I do not care and what I care is whatever I say come from logic. period.....

And for mother and father topic, do not try to be over..... better stick to the point.
I am not trying to prove anything. I am only saying that it is a passion that the likes of you will never understand. If all the people thought like you then their would be no Narayan Kathikeyan, Karun Chandok, Naren Kumar or Gaurav Gill. Ultimately you will end up saying that all these peolpe are mad because they know how to drive fast and do it on a regular basis. All I can say is that Gaurav Gill driving at 150 K is a safer bet than a person driving without passion at 50 K. You can take it anyway you like..
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 15:26   #82
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2,895
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
better stick to the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Whatever that logic may be, you are not contributing anything worth for the topic of this thread. Please create a new thread to discuss your "logic".
I second that.

@vivek_pinkoo, it's best to debate on the merits-demerits of your logic in a new thread. I extend this request to others too, who are discussing his points here. That way you'll also get more response since the thread title will reflect the subject being discussed.

This thread is for something else and as you say, we should better stick to the point of this thread.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 15:45   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
vivekiny2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: cincinnati, jabalpur,chennai
Posts: 1,241
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
so it means that all the rally drivers and drag racers simply waste power during starting by spinning their wheels??
AFAIK race drivers spin their wheels to increase the tire temperature, tires work best when hot. they do it before the race starts.

once they are flagged to go, it's in their best interest to shoot off without spinning.

EDIt: link to burnout: Burnout (vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 19th September 2007 at 15:46.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 15:59   #84
BHPian
 
vivek_pinkoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 194
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I second that.

@vivek_pinkoo, it's best to debate on the merits-demerits of your logic in a new thread. I extend this request to others too, who are discussing his points here. That way you'll also get more response since the thread title will reflect the subject being discussed.
Is this is a illogical thread that I can not talk about logic here.

As far as subject goes, I know what are being discussed here, but I commented the way it was initiated doing something with other's vehicle and I felt bad (as any sensible person would) and raised the issue. In between other people came and started making comments on my remarks without knowing the motive behind my comments.
Quote:
This thread is for something else and as you say, we should better stick to the point of this thread.
You can ask me to leave the tread or initiate a new thread no body going to stop or comment you because you belong to majority in this forum but my point will remain a truth that some body making a wrong use of somebody properties.

For your kind information I have been in this for more than 2 years and you can get the history of my all the post how many times I went off-topic and so. I am not that kind of person who put his noose here and there without any reason. I think forum is for every body regardless of what kind of driver he is. Am I right?

Last edited by vivek_pinkoo : 19th September 2007 at 16:13.
vivek_pinkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 16:00   #85
Senior - BHPian
 
binz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 411 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
binz, be reasonable. The power is 'wasted' if it did not contribute toward the intended objective.
I am being reasonable.If you noticed, i kept my mouth shut after viveks last post.I don't find it ethical you argue with someone 2 and a half times my age,specially when they refuse to acknowledge the views of 'students' or hard facts.

I honestly don't know why people come onto an automobile enthusiasts forum and then argue about spending money on fuel.
If YOU want to save that money,buy a reva or something.We are not rich,and i know for a fact that the student members are the last people in this world who depend on their parents money.Agreed we use our parents car,but we more or less pay for our petrol when we use the car.

I was very reasonable in my post,nobody on a drag strip really cares about lost power during a run.They tend to worry about their ETs and RTs.And afaik,nobody on a drag strip really bothers about their fe or what their 'loss in power' translates to in monetary terms.
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 16:04   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
binz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 411 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
You can ask me to leave the tread or initiate a new thread no body going to stop or comment you because you belong to majority in this forum but my point will remain a truth that some body making a wrong use of somebody properties.
Give him atleast one reason why his baleno doesn't wheelspin on a quick-shift from first to second.


There is nobody on this forum belonging to any majority.
binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 16:20   #87
Senior - BHPian
 
rocksterraghu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,202
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
I can call it nothing but self appreciation, I am not sure what are you trying to say or proof.

As far as popularity is concerned I do not care and what I care is whatever I say come from logic. period.....

And for mother and father topic, do not try to be over..... better stick to the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
Is this is a illogical thread that I can not talk about logic here.

You can ask me to leave the tread or initiate a new thread no body going to stop or comment you because you belong to majority in this forum but my point will remain a truth that some body making a wrong use of somebody properties.
Even though I think you're going too far with your hard-earned money and parent's money thingy, I am not suggesting you to look at the content of your posts. It is none of my business. But, please mind your tone - everyone knows how to post like that.

Please refrain from offering lame challenges. If someone is from a business family and he inherits a lot of money and someone else gets a salary, does it mean that you have to compare the two in terms of hard-earned factor? Is that what this forum/thread all about?

Besides, if you haven't spent your parents' money in your youth and never wasted it ever, good for you. Please don't preach.

I really don't think it is a great idea to grow up doing all sorts of things that youth today do and just because of the age factor, start preaching like you were 30 when you were born. Come on, everyone has spent his/her parents' money, if they hadn't, the all-parents association would have built an empire to bury themselves.

If you think my tone is wrong, please note that I am saying all this with a smile. See, Think about it practically my friend. I am older to these guys, yes I do earn and burn the fuel that I fill in my car. Didn't we all do something exciting even though it would be hard to explain to our elders, every now and then when we were 18 or 20?

Isn't it time we stop here?
rocksterraghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 16:20   #88
BHPian
 
vivek_pinkoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 194
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Give him atleast one reason why his baleno doesn't wheelspin on a quick-shift from first to second.
Because of the weight of the vehicle and wheel grip with the surface. That are making difference in my opinion.

Quote:
There is nobody on this forum belonging to any majority.
Thanx for the clarification.
vivek_pinkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 16:33   #89
Distinguished - BHPian
 
BlackPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 2,314
Thanked: 4,390 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
AFAIK race drivers spin their wheels to increase the tire temperature, tires work best when hot. they do it before the race starts.

once they are flagged to go, it's in their best interest to shoot off without spinning.

EDIt: link to burnout: Burnout (vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
drag racers dont intend to spin their wheels during starts but it happens because they have to keep the car in the power band while launching. And you cannot stop a FWD car from spinning wheels when launching in power band unless you put oversize tires. But then oversize tires will have more grip than required and ultimately slow down the car. So drag racers have to live up with some wheel spins to get the best quarter mile timings.
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2007, 16:43   #90
BHPian
 
vivek_pinkoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 194
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Even though I think you're going too far with your hard-earned money and parent's money thingy, I am not suggesting you to look at the content of your posts. It is none of my business. But, please mind your tone - everyone knows how to post like that.
Do you have any meter that I am going too far?

Quote:
Please refrain from offering lame challenges. If someone is from a business family and he inherits a lot of money and someone else gets a salary, does it mean that you have to compare the two in terms of hard-earned factor? Is that what this forum/thread all about?

Besides, if you haven't spent your parents' money in your youth and never wasted it ever, good for you. Please don't preach.
I commented on thread initiator. Not in general like Birala or Ambani or you.


Quote:
I really don't think it is a great idea to grow up doing all sorts of things that youth today do and just because of the age factor, start preaching like you were 30 when you were born. Come on, everyone has spent his/her parents' money, if they hadn't, the all-parents association would have built an empire to bury themselves.
Not by wise people.

Quote:
If you think my tone is wrong, please note that I am saying all this with a smile. See, Think about it practically my friend. I am older to these guys, yes I do earn and burn the fuel that I fill in my car. Didn't we all do something exciting even though it would be hard to explain to our elders, every now and then when we were 18 or 20?

Isn't it time we stop here?
Why are you taking it personally? And you can keep you tone as you like, I do not mind.

Last edited by vivek_pinkoo : 19th September 2007 at 16:44.
vivek_pinkoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blind Rally in Chennai - 1st & 2nd March, 2008 nitrous Indian Motorsport 17 24th February 2009 07:24
SWIFT - Shifting to 2nd gear problem eflanker Technical Stuff 45 31st January 2009 16:49
Speed Run Mumbai - 1st & 2nd March 2008. Cyrus43 Indian Motorsport 235 17th January 2009 08:46
Alto Mileage after 1st/2nd Service dsinz Technical Stuff 5 8th September 2006 16:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks