Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2016, 21:56   #91
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,557
Thanked: 10,509 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Marine View Post
i find it extremely suspicious that only one tyre should wear out so badly amd the other three remain in decent condition?
When was the last alignment and balancing done?

Can you take the car to any reputed MASS and get the suspension checked? I feel that's out and wearing off the tyre that is riding on it.

Is the car pulling to one side?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2016, 10:03   #92
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 10
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Issues with WagonR

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
When was the last alignment and balancing done?

Can you take the car to any reputed MASS and get the suspension checked? I feel that's out and wearing off the tyre that is riding on it.

Is the car pulling to one side?
I beg your pardon for this late response. Dont always have access to proper internet onboard ship.

Anyway, the wheel alignment and balancing had been carried out recently when the last sevicing was done at a reputed MASS. I have been constantly monitoring the condition of the new tyres. Seems satisfactory so far.

However, now that you mention it, i do feel the car is ever so slightly pulling to the left. i'll get the suspension checked now. Thanks a lot for your advice.
S.Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2016, 10:15   #93
Distinguished - BHPian
 
a4anurag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,557
Thanked: 10,509 Times
Default Re: Issues with WagonR

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Marine View Post
However, now that you mention it, i do feel the car is ever so slightly pulling to the left. i'll get the suspension checked now. Thanks a lot for your advice.
Please take the car to a efficient MASS and get the suspension checked plus the rims also true-ness.

Any competent tyre dealer who is good at Alignment should be able to help you out.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2016, 09:47   #94
BHPian
 
ramki067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 537
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Issues with WagonR

Hi,
My Waggy recently when i tried to reverse on an incline showed less power compared to 3-4 years back when i did the same. Clutch also seems like a half clutch.
The acceleration has considerably slowed down. What could be the issue? I've put up 44K kms on the odo.
Yearly service is due next week, before giving it would like expert opinion on what could be the issue.

Many thanks in advance.

Ramki
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2016, 10:55   #95
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,596
Thanked: 8,147 Times
Default Re: Issues with WagonR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Hi,
My Waggy recently when i tried to reverse on an incline showed less power compared to 3-4 years back when i did the same. Clutch also seems like a half clutch.
The acceleration has considerably slowed down. What could be the issue? I've put up 44K kms on the odo.
Yearly service is due next week, before giving it would like expert opinion on what could be the issue.

Many thanks in advance.

Ramki
I would doubt the clutch first than anything else.

When you move from standstill, how good is the momentum when you release the clutch? Try another WagonR (F10D) and ascertain this.

Another thing you can try is the hand brake test:

Park the vehicle with the Hand Brake fully engaged. Then start the car and slot into 1st and with the Hand Brake still engaged, release the clutch while simultaneously giving throttle input. A good & a healthy clutch is more likely to cause the engine stall when your clutch is 40-50% released while a worn out (Weak) clutch will ensure the vehicle wont turn off even when the clutch is released all the way to 70-80%.

A good clutch will also result in the car showing every signs of surging ahead and trying to lift itself up like a frog while doing this test.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2016, 11:24   #96
BHPian
 
ramki067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 537
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Issues with WagonR

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I would doubt the clutch first than anything else.

When you move from standstill, how good is the momentum when you release the clutch? Try another WagonR (F10D) and ascertain this.

Another thing you can try is the hand brake test:

Park the vehicle with the Hand Brake fully engaged. Then start the car and slot into 1st and with the Hand Brake still engaged, release the clutch while simultaneously giving throttle input. A good & a healthy clutch is more likely to cause the engine stall when your clutch is 40-50% released while a worn out (Weak) clutch will ensure the vehicle wont turn off even when the clutch is released all the way to 70-80%.

A good clutch will also result in the car showing every signs of surging ahead and trying to lift itself up like a frog while doing this test.
Thanks parag.
As i've said there is a half clutch issue. After releasing half clutch(without handbrake) the car moves. I have stalled the engine many times due to this half clutch issue.
Is my clutch weak and needs work or is it clutch/clutch-cable adjustment issue?

Ramki
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2016, 11:29   #97
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,596
Thanked: 8,147 Times
Default Re: Issues with WagonR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Is my clutch weak and needs work or is it clutch/clutch-cable adjustment issue?
You can get the play adjusted but with your explanation, I am more than sure that its your clutch that's gone weak and is asking for replacement.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2016, 11:35   #98
BHPian
 
ramki067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 537
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Issues with WagonR

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You can get the play adjusted but with your explanation, I am more than sure that its your clutch that's gone weak and is asking for replacement.
Okeeee thanks again parag.
I understand that its a 2007 Nov model but also clutch to go off at only 44K on the odo! .
What can be the causes for this? Please enlighten.
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2016, 11:42   #99
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belur/Bangalore
Posts: 3,596
Thanked: 8,147 Times
Default Re: Issues with WagonR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
I understand that its a 2007 Nov model but also clutch to go off at only 44K on the odo! .
Trust me, 44 K is good. Its not gone its only got weak but you don't want to drive in that condition.

If you ask at the ASC, they are likely to tell you that on a average 30-35K is when clutch for Petrol cars get changed unless you are a really good driver.

Go ahead and replace the kit - Clutch Plate, Cover Assembly, Release Bearing, Flywheel and Cable.

The last 2 parts (Flywheel & Cable) will only add another 1000-1200 to your bill but its is always advised to do so.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti WagonR over Hyundai Eon? EDIT : Bought WagonR with ABS / Airbags BoneCollector Hatchbacks 35 22nd May 2015 11:49
Only a WagonR can replace a WagonR ! From F10D to K10B.. DCEite Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 19th April 2014 23:02
WagonR or Swift?(calling swift and wagonR owners) rajshenoy Hatchbacks 43 29th March 2007 09:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks