Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 24th February 2016, 18:43   #16
Default Re: More details - Images

Originally Posted by adutta2k View Post
Hi Guys,

I am also facing similar problem with my 2007 Alto Lxi which otherwise is in pristine shape. ....

Visiting 3M and take their advise. Can the fellow bhp-ians give some advise? Now I am not in a big favour of getting this repaired (if at all possible) outside of Maruti service centres because I am afraid it will affect the resale value of the car.
Sorry, saw this now only. After it rusts there is not much you can do. I have sold my car in 2010.

What I remember is the following:

1. Hyundai service suggested me to replace the complete door and bonnet. It was costing a bomb.

2. Got it inspected by 3M dealer at Nandanam (I dont think 3M had setup its shop then in Chennai). I think Balaji dealers or something. For the bonnet, since rust was underbody they did lot of brushing, filing and then used anti rust coat (no guarantee). However for my door, since the rust was external - paint finish would be lost - we decided to leave it asis. I sold off car in same condition after 1 year. Call it irony. The rust did not spread.

When I bought my Safari, I did underbody coating. Touchwood, no rusting so far.
druva is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote