Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


View Poll Results: How Much Did You Spend for your Headers & FFE alone ??
Rs. 3000-4000 2 2.30%
Rs.4000-5000 4 4.60%
Rs.5000-6000 2 2.30%
Rs.6000-7000 5 5.75%
Rs.7000-Rs.8000 8 9.20%
Rs.8000-10000 27 31.03%
Rs.10000 - 15000 20 22.99%
Rs.15000 + 19 21.84%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2008, 21:31   #61
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Question

so we are mostly saying i can't get stainless steel in 12.5k, which means I was quoted for mild steel.
on the tuning end, i was told generally FFE is followed by some tuning, which will be included in the cost. I am not sure what tuning he was talking about. Anyone care to shed some light on this tuning part and also how much should i pay if i opt for SS not MS
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 01:45   #62
BHPian
 
rohan_fonseca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Panaji
Posts: 984
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Jassi FRK is on the expensive side, work is good though. Check out with our own Psycho as well. Tuning? on a mpfi? Yes lights required!
rohan_fonseca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 17:26   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
PatienceWins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,159
Thanked: 261 Times
Default

Tuning a mpfi ride, please check what tuning he was referring to. I have heard good things about FRK on this forum.
12.5k for Santro seems little expensive.
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 18:06   #64
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Smile

i have infact pm'd psycho - will definitely check with frk on what tuning he is referring to. Also is it possible to do partially stainless steel like the headers in SS and mid pipes in MS. Is it ok to expect this much for 12.5k
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2008, 23:39   #65
BHPian
 
abhik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 848
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
on the tuning end, i was told generally FFE is followed by some tuning, which will be included in the cost. I am not sure what tuning he was talking about. Anyone care to shed some light on this tuning part
Tuning refers to tuning the sound in relation to the performance and this is done by placement of the mid-muffler, forward near the front of the car close to the headers for more sound and rear near the end-can for lesser sound. Also the fins/mesh inside the mid-muffler regulate back pressure aswell which relates to increase or decrease in grunt across the rev range.

I dont think so anybody can get the FFE setup with respect to performance and sound right in the first go. Everybody has different requirements out of an FFE so that is done after fitment.

Last edited by abhik : 26th July 2008 at 23:43.
abhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 08:10   #66
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Red face

Guys one more question - i was told by FRK that I need to leave my car at his shop for 2 full days, I was trying to tell him that I need to drive to work so I can bring it down to his place on day 1 for measurements and day 2 for fixing. It seems though that is not possible - so when getting an FFE is it normal to leave the car for 2 full days, cos I am a bit jumpy of even leaving my car at the hyundai service station overnight forget anywhere else

Also I still am not sure if in 12.5k I should expect the job to be atleast partially stainless steel (maybe the headers). Any pointers there
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 22:16   #67
BHPian
 
vinayvtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 390
Thanked: 9 Times
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Guys one more question - i was told by FRK that I need to leave my car at his shop for 2 full days, I was trying to tell him that I need to drive to work so I can bring it down to his place on day 1 for measurements and day 2 for fixing. It seems though that is not possible - so when getting an FFE is it normal to leave the car for 2 full days, cos I am a bit jumpy of even leaving my car at the hyundai service station overnight forget anywhere else

Also I still am not sure if in 12.5k I should expect the job to be atleast partially stainless steel (maybe the headers). Any pointers there
2 days is pretty long time for installing a header or FFH , there are people who are fixing at least 6 cars a day. The pricing is good and not too expensive, are you getting the magnaflow fixed from FRK?

I think Psycho, will not reply to PMs just drop in personally to his place and speak to him.
vinayvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 22:49   #68
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Red face

Hi Vinay - no mention of magnaflow by FRK - i tried to negotiate on the 2 day thingie, but he said he needs my santro for full 2 days.
I don't know where psycho's place is but will try and call him at the number listed in the tuners database


Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
2 days is pretty long time for installing a header or FFH , there are people who are fixing at least 6 cars a day. The pricing is good and not too expensive, are you getting the magnaflow fixed from FRK?

I think Psycho, will not reply to PMs just drop in personally to his place and speak to him.
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 00:06   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
iceman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: melbourne/bangalore
Posts: 1,958
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

also check with raj hingorani. he too is good and can do it quicker
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 00:18   #70
BHPian
 
vinayvtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 390
Thanked: 9 Times
Wink

Yes, you can goto Shabbir who does headers for Raj's cars, he will install it with in 2 hours .

for santro, I would suggest you to go for a side pipe with a good show pipe at the end.

Last edited by vinayvtec : 9th August 2008 at 00:21.
vinayvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 00:25   #71
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Yes, you can goto Shabbir who does headers for Raj's cars, he will install it with in 2 hours .

for santro, I would suggest you to go for a side pipe with a good show pipe at the end.
if by shabbir - you mean tv tower shabbir - then my exhaust is already done up by him - i have a cat-back with a nice end can wanted to get the headers done - let me try contacting raj and psycho.
also can anyone point out if its possible to get ss headers and mid pipe for 12k (if not then how much more) and also what are the pros of ss headers over ms??
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 15:49   #72
BHPian
 
swift8847's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore/Houston
Posts: 324
Thanked: Once
Default

The installation at Shabir's is quick. Got the job done in about 7 hours (including the lunch break). Plus neat work.
swift8847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2008, 21:24   #73
BHPian
 
vinayvtec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 390
Thanked: 9 Times
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift8847 View Post
The installation at Shabir's is quick. Got the job done in about 7 hours (including the lunch break). Plus neat work.
Hey Swift8847, how many times were you offered tea at his place .
vinayvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2008, 22:15   #74
BHPian
 
swift8847's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore/Houston
Posts: 324
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayvtec View Post
Hey Swift8847, how many times were you offered tea at his place .

Ha ha ha. Trust me dude. I have no count. And also the number of smokes we had together.
swift8847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 07:39   #75
BHPian
 
mikem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 84
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Civic FFe from Viper

Got my Civic FFE from VIPER. Removed the entire pipe from the header onwards, including the CAT. Sounds deep. Mileage is still the same. Even Passed the PUC. Took 2 days. Great Job.
mikem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much do you pay for your broadband? Rtech Shifting gears 955 14th December 2017 10:12
How much do you pay the car cleaner? bluevolt Street Experiences 117 11th September 2017 12:15
CBU registration charges and taxes: How much did you pay? sarmarishi The Indian Car Scene 5 9th April 2015 02:42
Paintings: Overrated, or do you appreciate them? How much would you pay for them? e1t1bet Shifting gears 17 24th March 2010 14:35
Fiat Adventure on Custom Headers, FFE and Green Cotton CAI akbaree Modifications & Accessories 12 4th September 2008 12:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks