Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 27th April 2016, 14:25   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Understanding wheel alignment - negative camber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Hello all

Hope I am posting in the right thread. I am also trying to understand wheel alignment. Here is my problem

I have a Bolero. The rear wheels has a slight negative camber. The inner side of the tyres are getting worn on both wheels evenly. When I consulted Mahindra ASC they told me that after years of usage the rear leaf springs have become flat. Which I agree because I have also loaded heavy material occasionally on my Bolero.
I think computer wheel alignment guys wont be able to check and adjust camber unless camber bolts are provided. Best way is to get it checked in a manual scale. They can probably guide you, but do try a reputed guy. Classic wheel alignment in Kalyan Nagar is good. Meet the owner if you are going and not the other guys.. Not sure if this helpful..
ameaa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2016, 15:45   #77
BHPian

Default Re: Understanding wheel alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
...no alignment can be /need to be done in rear wheels with fixed axle... Should I fix the problem and then change the tyre or vice versa?
In the prevalent designs for rigid rear axle, there is no provision for rear wheel alignment correction. So, the information you received is correct. If the tire wear is normal, there is no need to worry.

Also, the amount of loading should not result in uneven wear on inner & outer edge of the tire, if other suspension parts are not damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Can the camber of rear wheels of small cars be adjusted? By small cars, I mean hatchbacks like Alto, Wagon R, Spark and the likes... I am facing positive camber on both the rear tyres... he said positive camber can't be adjusted in the rear. And, the only cause for such a problem can be deformation due to accident or damage to hitting a big pothole or boulder.
Small hatchbacks usually come with McPherson Strut in front and Semi-Independent Torsion Beam (sometimes rigid beam) in rear. In this setup, Camber and Castor can't be adjusted in front or rear; only front toe can be adjusted.

Positive camber is usually OK (normally ranges between +30min +/-1deg) for small hatchbacks.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 11:51   #78

Default Creta - Wheel Alignment

I just completed 5000 km on my Creta, and planning to get Wheel rotation, balancing and alignment, and do this every 5000 km. The service schedule of Creta recommends this every 10k km. If I do this, will there be any warranty issues?

TIA
mahipalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 12:20   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Creta - Wheel Alignment

Nothing to worry about. Go ahead and get it done.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2016, 12:27   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahipalc View Post
I just completed 5000 km on my Creta, and planning to get Wheel rotation, balancing and alignment, and do this every 5000 km. The service schedule of Creta recommends this every 10k km. If I do this, will there be any warranty issues?

TIA
No dont worry at all. It's even better that you getting it done before the recommended schedule. Go ahead and get it done.
SpoiledBratt is offline   Reply With Quote