Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 18th December 2012, 17:40   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Swift ZXi/VXi Nippon Security System Question

Have been using Nippon security system for more than 3 years now. Currently, I think it's high time to replace the batteries. I need to press the buttons really hard to engage the system.

Few questions
1) Will the battery change solve the problem?
2) Do I need to program it? (I have currently disabled the shock/touch sensor alarm)
3) What kind of battery should I buy? I know it's the button type but any particular specs that I should look at?

Thoughts anyone?
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 18:16   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Its a CR2032 coin cell. Just ask in any store, you can get it for less than 30 a piece, manufactured usually by Panasonic or Maxell. If buttons are gone, then you will have to replace the remote. Costs 700 bucks My autocop remote costed some 300 odd and with buyback of remote it was 250.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 20:04   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Its a CR2032 coin cell. Just ask in any store, you can get it for less than 30 a piece, manufactured usually by Panasonic or Maxell. If buttons are gone, then you will have to replace the remote. Costs 700 bucks My autocop remote costed some 300 odd and with buyback of remote it was 250.
700 for a set or just 1 piece ?
ravigop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 20:37   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

For a piece its Rs. 715. Part number 37187M55K00 for the remote and 37182M59K00 for the integrated remote. That's why I am annoyed. Even one of my remotes were not working. Called the nippon guy and he too quoted the same rate. Just opened it and sprayed zorrik and cleaned it. Seems to be working so haven't changed it.
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 22:26   #50
Senior - BHPian

Location: Karamattom, Aluva, Kotagiri, Yercaud, Hospet, Indore, Nashik, Pune (now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Have been using Nippon security system for more than 3 years now. Currently, I think it's high time to replace the batteries. I need to press the buttons really hard to engage the system.

Few questions
1) Will the battery change solve the problem?
2) Do I need to program it? (I have currently disabled the shock/touch sensor alarm)
3) What kind of battery should I buy? I know it's the button type but any particular specs that I should look at?

Thoughts anyone?
Naveen, I am not sure which version of the remote you have. The one I have is given below. It has a miniature AAA kind of cell. Even my remote had started behaving in a similar fashion. That is when I got the battery replaced from an electronic shop. I think I paid Rs. 30/35 for the new battery. It must have been around two years ago. And that had solved the problem with the remote.

The Remote
Swift ZXi/VXi Nippon Security System Question-20121218-22.14.42.jpg

The battery
Swift ZXi/VXi Nippon Security System Question-20121218-22.12.33.jpg

Location of the battery
Swift ZXi/VXi Nippon Security System Question-20121218-22.12.51.jpg

Last edited by pjbiju : 18th December 2012 at 22:28.
pjbiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 07:37   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
For a piece its Rs. 715. Part number 37187M55K00 for the remote and 37182M59K00 for the integrated remote. That's why I am annoyed. Even one of my remotes were not working. Called the nippon guy and he too quoted the same rate. Just opened it and sprayed zorrik and cleaned it. Seems to be working so haven't changed it.
Oh ok, thanks for the information. Does this mean I can buy this in the MGP outlets directly and pair it by following registration procedure ?
Old 19th December 2012, 08:13   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Naveen, I am not sure which version of the remote you have. The one I have is given below. It has a miniature AAA kind of cell. Even my remote had started behaving in a similar fashion. That is when I got the battery replaced from an electronic shop. I think I paid Rs. 30/35 for the new battery. It must have been around two years ago. And that had solved the problem with the remote.

The Remote
Attachment 1028750

The battery
Attachment 1028751

Location of the battery
Attachment 1028752
yes this is the one even I have. I changed battery thrice. The battery costs 8 Rs.
ravigop is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 13:13   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mine is different. I think it's the latest. Here's one pic of the remote. I found the battery location. It uses coin/button type battery. Model is CR2032.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...ml#post2980330
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 13:36   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Mine is different. I think it's the latest. Here's one pic of the remote. I found the battery location. It uses coin/button type battery. Model is CR2032.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...ml#post2980330
I guess this one must be the latest, atleast looks more rigid & durable.
Old 19th December 2012, 13:43   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It has a miniature AAA kind of cell.
Would you believe if I told you that the AAA kind of cell is a packaged stack of 4 button cells? I know because I opened one up after it had gone dead.

I had the same remote for my Swift also and I never faced any problems with it except for battery going dead. Also, my advice to people buying new batteries. Try and look at the manufacturing date of the batteries you are buying as there is a lot of old stock floating around in the market. The old stock batteries don't even last a month.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 11:41   #56
BHPian

Guys need a help, can anyone PM me the conact number for Nippon Bangalore? The number mentioned for Hitech Service point 51105959 is apparently not being responded.

My security system has gone kaput after Mahindra ASC(Chrome Motors) intervention
soumobakshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 11:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Guys need a help, can anyone PM me the conact number for Nippon Bangalore? The number mentioned for Hitech Service point 51105959 is apparently not being responded.

My security system has gone kaput after Mahindra ASC(Chrome Motors) intervention
The Bangalore Nippon service guy is a person called Rafiq. His number is nine eight four five zero six seven one double eight.

You can also try replacing the 5 in the landline number with 4 ie. 41105959.

The 5 series numbers are old Airtel landline numbers whose first digit has been changed to 4.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 18:33   #58
Senior - BHPian

Any lead for Nippon in Mumbai? The numbers in the user manual don't exist anymore. This is for the NCS-309 in the SX4. I need the remotes replaced.
straight6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2015, 08:38   #59

I have a question - is it possible to disable only the lock/unlock short chirping sound (and not the security alarm) ? If yes, how do I do that as I do not have the manual with me now.
mr.mehra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2015, 21:27   #60
BHPian

Attached is the manual -Maruti Security Alarm Manual.pdf
Diesel lover is offline   Reply With Quote