Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2007, 04:02   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default best gear oil & best coolant & best engine decarb: please

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion in our Engine Decarbonisation Article (Engine Decarbonising - Demystified). Thanks

hello people

i need to know whats the best gear oil i can buy in mumbai at least.

drive a petrol swift done 12000 odd , time to change

also the best coolant ??
OWS makes a coolant not sure of it

i have been using wurth's "new formula for tropics" coolant
anybody on SHELL s coolant or its gear oil or brake oil ??

check it out at

Shell in India - Shell Specialties


plus no help on my engine decarb scenario

bardahl's "powetune" anyone??

please do read my last thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...powertune.html (OWS Vs Mobil 1 + best engine decarb [ Bardahl's Powertune ?])

thanks in advance
cheers people

Cy

Last edited by GTO : 13th March 2013 at 12:00. Reason: Adding link to decarb article
cyneverdie is offline  
Old 4th October 2007, 11:34   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 656 Times
Default

Castrol EP80W-90 ( Mineral based extreme pressure, multi-purpose gear oil, containing anti-oxidant and anti-corrosion additives )

Coolant - Golden Cruiser Premium

Engine decarb - STP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
hello people

i need to know whats the best gear oil i can buy in mumbai at least.

drive a petrol swift done 12000 odd , time to change

also the best coolant ??
OWS makes a coolant not sure of it

i have been using wurth's "new formula for tropics" coolant
anybody on SHELL s coolant or its gear oil or brake oil ??

check it out at

Shell in India - Shell Specialties


plus no help on my engine decarb scenario

bardahl's "powetune" anyone??

please do read my last thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...powertune.html (OWS Vs Mobil 1 + best engine decarb [ Bardahl's Powertune ?])

thanks in advance
cheers people

Cy
gd1418 is offline  
Old 5th October 2007, 04:48   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Engine Decarbonizing Machine Manufacturer,Engine Decarbonizing Machine Exporter,Engine Decarbonizing Machine Supplier India

this sounds good
as well as the injector testing

Is what i am looking for

viper suggested the pump near Muchad Paan [ mumbai ]

see the scene there later in the day

buying 12 lts of mobil1 5w50 [ Rs 9800 ] from official mobil 1 india guys

Lubricants

buying the OWS engine flush & k&n oil filter

planning to decarb the car later today

decarb
flush
change oil & filter
re clean injectors
re oil k&n air filter
change gear oil : waiting for some mobil 1 synthetic to come
flush & change coolant : wurth or shell
maybe change my plugs OWS are not available for the swift now in mumbai
bosch fuel filter and advanced carbon cabin air filter sooon

then i move to my brakes...

cheers
cyneverdie is offline  
Old 5th October 2007, 19:13   #4
BHPian
 
nitroxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DXB
Posts: 817
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

i use mobil 1 delvac engine oil, castrol gear oil with bardahls treatment and once every 2500 kms go for an injector cleaner from abro that should do it..
nitroxx is offline  
Old 5th October 2007, 19:41   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,206
Thanked: 2,747 Times
Default

guys, my esteem has run 45K kms in the last 5 years with 4 trackdays of spirited driving included. Do i need to decarb my engine or is it unnecessary at this time? There are no issues with acceleration although i feel the FE has reduced a wee bit.

I'm also going to get synthetic oil for her in a weeks time.

Just want to know if its ok to go for a decarb or wait for some more time.
n_aditya is offline  
Old 6th October 2007, 04:14   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
guys, my esteem has run 45K kms in the last 5 years with 4 trackdays of spirited driving included. Do i need to decarb my engine or is it unnecessary at this time? There are no issues with acceleration although i feel the FE has reduced a wee bit.

I'm also going to get synthetic oil for her in a weeks time.

Just want to know if its ok to go for a decarb or wait for some more time.
at least i would do the following
50 000 km tune up

decarb your engine [ check out Engine Decarbonizing Machine Manufacturer,Engine Decarbonizing Machine Exporter,Engine Decarbonizing Machine Supplier India ]

flush out your engine oil { use a flush i say OWS}

machine check & clean your injectors

clean throttle body

flush radiator

change gear oil

clean/put in a k&n air filter

fill up mobil 1 5w50 api sm :: improved engine leak additives hence suitable for older engines

change oil filter too go k&n
change fuel filter : i like bosch over purolator

change spark plugs [ OWS ]

also before you decarb
its important
dump a bottle of sonax fuel system cleaner in your car to neutralize any acidic water etc run that full tank dry ; fill up then go thru the above procedure
trust me you wont regret it.



rock on
cy


check out
http://www.marspetrochem.com/pdf/Mob...ynBrochure.pdf

Vitamins for your car

15. Can I use Mobil 1 in older vehicles with high mileage?

Yes you can. Mobil 1 can help increase the life of all engines, even those in
older vehicles and/or with high mileage. The extra cleaners in Mobil 1 can
help clear stuck rings to help restore engine efficiency. Keep in mind,
however, that Mobil 1 cannot correct an existing engine problem
cyneverdie is offline  
Old 6th October 2007, 07:23   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
guys, my esteem has run 45K kms in the last 5 years with 4 trackdays of spirited driving included. Do i need to decarb my engine or is it unnecessary at this time? There are no issues with acceleration although i feel the FE has reduced a wee bit.

I'm also going to get synthetic oil for her in a weeks time.

Just want to know if its ok to go for a decarb or wait for some more time.
After 45K it is always advisable to go for Engine flush before you change to synthetic oil to avoid sludge formation after changing to synthetic.
DieselFan is offline  
Old 19th October 2007, 03:57   #8
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bombay
Posts: 440
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Castrol EP80W-90 ( Mineral based extreme pressure, multi-purpose gear oil, containing anti-oxidant and anti-corrosion additives )

Coolant - Golden Cruiser Premium

Engine decarb - STP
hmph

""Engine decarb - STP"" : do you know what a decarb is man?
i dont think so

but cheers for the info anyway

cy
cyneverdie is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OWS Vs Mobil 1 + best engine decarb [ Bardahl's Powertune ?] cyneverdie Technical Stuff 3 20th June 2012 18:50
P150 Engine Decarb at 22K kms _abhishek Motorbikes 6 14th June 2010 17:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks