Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 12th October 2007, 10:35   #1
Exclamation Ford Ikon - Need a good Mechanic

I just recently bought a second hand Ford Ikon 1.6 - 2003 model. I picked up the car form Auto Mart Bangalore. I wanted to get the car serviced but am not that confident of giving the car to Cauvery or Metro Ford as I have heard a lot of bad reviews on the place.

Are there any good mechanic in Bangalore that I could take my car to..... please advice....
sherintjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 11:10   #2

Hi sherintjacob,

Cauvery ford is good according to me, as i got my fiesta serviced from them, i guess whichever service stop you go to, you have to be careful and make sure all your car needs are fulfilled.
hormaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 11:15   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hi sherin, you can get your car serviced at Cauvery. They do a decent job, as per my experiences with them so far. Try to meet the service advisor called Biju, and mention you are Benny's friend. I dont know if he would recollect the name, but he's the guy i trust with my car there.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 11:50   #4

Hi sherintjacob,

List down the exact things you have in mind for the service folks to focus on apart for the general service which will have oil top ups, brake check, wheel alignments , suspension check.
VC12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 14:41   #5

I had bought my ford ikon from Cauvery Ford itself. Its been more than 2 and 1/2 years i have been getting my car serviced. Until now i did not have any single issue.

I would suggest you to go for only authorised service centres as they have not only right equipment/accessories but more importantly right knowledge about the vehicle.

Choice is yours!!!
hemantbsutar is offline   Reply With Quote