Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 15th October 2007, 22:59   #1

Wink Problem with WagonR central locking

Hellou,
I own a WagonR Vxi (the newer model) which is now just over a year old. I happened to be abroad and the car was hardly used during that period of 2 months. Today when I returned and used the car, everything is fine except for the central locking system.

Earlier, the doors used to get unlocked only when I fully turned the key off and removed it off the key hole. But now, the moment I shut down the engine by turning back the key one step - the doors unlock. This is annoying because often at traffic light which spanner a longer time, if I simply switch off the engine, the doors unlock - this is annoying to say the least and deviating from the expected behaviour.

Has anyone faced such a prb ? Can anyone suggest a solution (not a trivial suggestion to go to the service center ) ?

Thanks in anticipation!

- PaiS
paish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 23:14   #2
BHPian

Seems like a configuration problem. Maybe in those two months of no use, the battery must have fallen to such low levels that the unit reset. The default config maybe like this. If you have the manual, try to read through all of the options. Else, just go to our dealer and ask him to do it. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes
akg7091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 23:50   #3

Default Thanks but...

Is there a chance of battery going that low even if the car was started once in 10 odd days during that period and kept in idling for a while ?
I have already checked the manual but couldn't see such a thing - am afraid of going to the dealer's workshop, because I have an impression that they may jus try something and screw up something else in the electronics - I know am being skeptical.. !
Old 16th October 2007, 11:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Pls inform what make is it ???
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 12:08   #5
Team-BHP Support

Paish, as someone mentioned earlier, its looks like a case of going back to its default configuration. Just call up the concerned people who would come and fix it within minutes. Nothing to get paranoid about.
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 12:19   #6
BHPian

The Auto cop locking gets locked if the car is turned to the Stage 2- ie before cranking. For ease I call it 3 stages -Stage 0 when you insert the key, Stage 1 which is to turnon all electricals - your indicator, wipers, ICE work on this, stage 2 to get the car ready for cranking - the engine indicator, handbrake and oil indicator come live and stage 3 where the engine cranks and returns to stage 2. So if the car is switched off ie turning from stage 2 to stage 1 at the signals it is normal to get unlocked .
abhilashvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 23:13   #7

Default Checked the..

.. owner's manual for Nippon (which is the brand that Maruti has tied up with). It clearly says there are 3 modes for door unlock - 1) unlock at key removal 2) unlock at Ignition OFF and 3) unlock mode off. when I tried programming the system using the steps that they have mentioned, found that when I programmed it to the mode for "unlock with key removal", the system still behaves like in mode "unlock with Ignition OFF". This Nippon system has been literally giving me sleepless nights since day 1 with the burgler alarm hooting in the middle of the night.
Surprisingly, the Maruti services centres (Navnit at Thane and Wonder Cars at Pune) haven't been able to do much about it. That makes me lose hope in them atleast for when it comes to this security system.

One ray of hope now seems to be the Nippon Authorized service centre in Pune... let me try that - hope it gets fixed!
Old 18th December 2007, 16:45   #8
BHPian

got 2 queries here:
1. recently upgraded the stock wagonr security with alarm option. the stock one just had central lockin with no alarm option.
somehow the dicky was partly closed. but hey i could still do the central lock with key provided!
2. my friend has also recently got swift. just went near to typres for checking and the alarm shot off. but this is not there in wagonr.
whats the difference and how can i upgrade the security as i feel that the current securlity level of wagonr is awful?
chetans is offline   Reply With Quote