Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 23rd May 2016, 12:59   #31
Default Re: Is it normal for a car to lean on one side?

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
That's quite normal to have posture difference between LH & RH. Reason being mass is not uniformly distributed between LH & RH and across all variants. OEs chose the best possible suspension spec to suite all the variants (mostly) with minimal difference in overall vehicle performance and dimension (here it the vehicle posture / height) Some OEs allow as much as 20mm posture difference between either sides (+/- 10mm on either side as tolerance from the design spec)

Saying all these, in unladen condition vehicle leaning on left side should be the considered to be normal (adding driver mass will compensate the posture difference) Do you observe similar trend on all the vehicles that you measured? (RH height is less than LH?)
May be that is the case as mentioned by Mr.Boss. I have again checked along with their service manager and all the diesel models have this half inch difference. i.e RH side is lower by half inch than the LH side on brand new City, Amaze, and new BR-V also at their show room.

May be with the time the return spring have got weaker and I am feeling the car diving to right side. As My ANHC i-Dtec covered 2 Years and 30K Km and trip from Kanyakumari to Jammu many times(Pretty Rough Roads out there), its evident.

The service guys have ordered a suspension spring for the Right front suspension. Waiting for its arrival.

I will upload Pictures of the measurements soon. I am a little busy for now at office and for the Ladakh trip commencing on 28 may in the same ANHC.

For opening another thread, I will do it soon after I get back from the trip. Till then how about checking your own i-Dtec variants for the confirmation. Hey opinion of two ore more is better than one, Right?

Thank you guys.
Balz of Fire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:24   #32
Default Re: All New Honda City suspension problem

Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Please ask them where they buy whatever they're smoking. It sounds potent.

I would suggest writing to Honda, and connecting on facebook to have them send across a mechanic/technician rather than the tantric babas who seem to have taken a look at your car so far.

Additionally, you could have a local mech take a look at the suspension, so that you can guide the babas in the general direction of the problem.
OT: Thanks. You made my day Seriously I returned in the hot sun after waiting for hours on the road because of a political issue, I chanced upon this thread and reading your comment lightened the day for me. Tantric baba eh ?
Prowler is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote