Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 28th June 2009, 10:07   #376
Senior - BHPian

hi, never wanted to open a new thread so posting it here.

I'm using a Tata Xeta 1.2 with CNG..recently i discovered with A/c ON car jerks badly around 2500 RPM in any gear, particularly while accelerating it.
Am I stressing the poor engine too much? CNG and then A/c? For the sake of info, my car uses a BRC sequential kit.

any inputs?
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 10:32   #377
BHPian

The alternator on my 2007 DLG TCIC (26K) was repaired under extended warranty last week.

Total amount was around 7K of which i had to pay 600. But they havent given me any kind of bill, i just got a hand written receipt for 600 rs. I find this quite strange, Has anyone else experenced this before ?
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 10:59   #378
Senior - BHPian

it might be for the workshop labour to get it repaired from outside.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 11:04   #379
BHPian

But isn't it normal practice to provide a bill even for warranty repairs?
And this time they havent even made an entry into the warranty page on the service column.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
it might be for the workshop labour to get it repaired from outside.
Old 5th July 2009, 13:26   #380
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs down Indigo TDI ECU Conked off ???

For this Thread's Record... I posted the below on my own thread... I will post my experience with TASS over the next week...

----------------------
5-jul-09
TATA Indigo CS LS TDI
Ownership period - 1 year and 1 month (Still under warranty, Also I got extended warranty)
ODO - 27,900Kms

Took the car to the True Sai, hosur TASS. I had some clutch play and wanted to adjust it, also some excess play in the Gear Lever, I got that adjusted too.

After bringing down the car - PROBLEM starts - the CHECK ENGINE light comes on. After 20 mins, they diagnosed it to a 'probable' broken speedometer sensor... they put in a new one - check engine light still comes on.

I decide to leave the car there (disappointed/angry/furious/what not) and go home. After 3-5 hours of 'diagnosis' they callup and say 'ECU' is conked off and may need replacement.

QUESTION:

Is ECU covered under warranty? The TASS guy told me he needs to check with TATA engineers and come back to me on Monday... I am like "WHAT" -- its a 18,000Rs part and he isnt sure if the part is covered under warranty...

Now, BHP'ians, could any one validate above point for me? I am very distressed now...
------------------------
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 15:26   #381
BHPian

AFAIK, only rubber parts and brake pads, clutch plates are excluded from the warranty. Everything else should be inculded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
For this Thread's Record... I posted the below on my own thread... I will post my experience with TASS over the next week...

----------------------
5-jul-09
TATA Indigo CS LS TDI
Ownership period - 1 year and 1 month (Still under warranty, Also I got extended warranty)
ODO - 27,900Kms

Took the car to the True Sai, hosur TASS. I had some clutch play and wanted to adjust it, also some excess play in the Gear Lever, I got that adjusted too.

After bringing down the car - PROBLEM starts - the CHECK ENGINE light comes on. After 20 mins, they diagnosed it to a 'probable' broken speedometer sensor... they put in a new one - check engine light still comes on.

I decide to leave the car there (disappointed/angry/furious/what not) and go home. After 3-5 hours of 'diagnosis' they callup and say 'ECU' is conked off and may need replacement.

QUESTION:

Is ECU covered under warranty? The TASS guy told me he needs to check with TATA engineers and come back to me on Monday... I am like "WHAT" -- its a 18,000Rs part and he isnt sure if the part is covered under warranty...

Now, BHP'ians, could any one validate above point for me? I am very distressed now...
------------------------
Old 5th July 2009, 16:09   #382
BHPian

As per Vista Manual, Tata has a weird clause for third party parts.

"As for such parts as tyres, batteries, electrical equipment, Audio and/or Video equipment if any, fuel injection equipment, etc., not manufactured by us but supplied by other parties, this warranty shall not apply, but buyers of the car shall be entitled to, so far as permissible by law, all such rights as we may have against such parties under their warranties in respect of such parts."

Having said that, I had one of my tyres losing pressure within three to four days and when shown to the service centre, they told me they will have to get it rectified by Goodyear and wanted it to be entrusted to them.They gave me a receipt. (which interestingly is still with me) When asked for temporary replacement, they said unfortunately they have only Indica V2 tyres in stock. But next day itself representative from Goodyear came there, replaced the Valve and he waited there until I reached there.

Last edited by janitha : 5th July 2009 at 16:11.
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 22:00   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
"As for such parts as tyres, batteries, electrical equipment, Audio and/or Video equipment if any, fuel injection equipment, etc., not manufactured by us but supplied by other parties, this warranty shall not apply, but buyers of the car shall be entitled to, so far as permissible by law, all such rights as we may have against such parties under their warranties in respect of such parts."

Looks absurd to me.

So, who is responsible for squeaky seats? Harita Grammer (assuming that they make the seats)? Or GKW (They make the fasteners - nuts and bolts which hold the seats in place?) Tata steel (Sheet metal manufacturer - the squeaking is caused by rubbing between the seat and the sheet metal of the body)?

And if a bearing in the a/c compressor blows, I fight with the bearing manufacturer or with subros (hope I got the name right).

There would be innumberable other combinations.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 22:30   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Looks absurd to me.

So, who is responsible for squeaky seats? Harita Grammer (assuming that they make the seats)? Or GKW (They make the fasteners - nuts and bolts which hold the seats in place?) Tata steel (Sheet metal manufacturer - the squeaking is caused by rubbing between the seat and the sheet metal of the body)?

And if a bearing in the a/c compressor blows, I fight with the bearing manufacturer or with subros (hope I got the name right).

There would be innumberable other combinations.
Another quote

This warranty shall not apply to
"Slight irregularities not recognized as affecting the function or quality of vehicle or parts, such as slight noise or vibration, defects appearing only under particular or irregular operations are items considered as characteristics of the vehicle."

Now who will define/decide the slight irregularities, noise and vibration?
janitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 22:44   #385
Senior - BHPian

I guess its not just the cars that tata has learnt to make better after its experience with the indica
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 12:30   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
"Slight irregularities not recognized as affecting the function or quality of vehicle or parts, such as slight noise or vibration, defects appearing only under particular or irregular operations are items considered as characteristics of the vehicle."

I hereby nominate the Tata Motors legal advisors for the legal igNobel awards.

Defective parts = defective vehicle.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 14:50   #387
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
5-jul-09
TATA Indigo CS LS TDI
ODO - 27,900Kms

------------------------
8-July-2009, Wednesday

I got the car back and DELPHI had replaced the ECU with a new one.

Bad news - TATA and OEM Parts "_______" (lollipops)

Good News - At least the TASS people were concerned enough to get the replacement ASAP.
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 00:20   #388
BHPian

Question Aug-2007 Indica Xeta - 16.5K Km - AC/Blower problem

Folks:
My "Aug-2007- Indica Xeta", which is clocked just 16.5K km, has started showing some AC/Blower problem. Has anyone experiencing the same before? or know what the problem is?

Here is a brief context on the recent usage of my Xeta. Just a week back, I did the 20K servicing on this car. After that, the AC was working as it should be. Then, I was on a business trip for 5 days and the car was sitting idle on the parking lot.

Now, here comes the problem. Today, when I turned on the AC/blower, there was absolutely no cool air comming thro' any of the ducts on the driver's side. However, I could hear the AC/blower motor was running. Even, my co-passenger claimed that little cool air was still flowing thro' just one of the remotest duct on the front passenger side only.

What do you think the issue could be? Is this a serious one? Is this going to cut my pocket deep ?

Can someone help me here ?

Thanks a lot,
Mohandas
mohandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 13:13   #389
BHPian

Default re:

Can someone please reply on this thread?
mohandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2009, 15:25   #390
gpa
Senior - BHPian

mohandas,

If your blower motor is working fine and if you can only feel cool airflow from one of the vents, it looks like there is something that is obstructing the airflow in the a/c vents. Your compressor is working fine, so no worries on that front.

It could also be that the cooling coils are clogged with dirt and dust leading to poor circulation. The only way to get to the bottom of this is to get the a/c system checked at your service centre.

Cheers,
gpa
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote