Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 22nd July 2009, 19:59   #406
Senior - BHPian

my point was, it would be helpful if he added it there. even otherwise, I would do it myself anyway

OT : what's up with tiuganx? cant seem to acess it at all
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2009, 23:54   #407
BHPian

well, well well - was at a traffic signal this evening around 8pm and in popped a message about my salary credit. Was just wondering what my expenses for the month of August would be and one of the major ones was the car insurance! I was quite happy that I would get a NCB and that the cost would be even lesser than last yr Signal turns green in the meanwhile and I cranked the engine ..

I heard a weird sound, something like a tractor and in annoyance rolled up the window, thinking how noisy that sounded only to realise that the cabin was quiet without any engine noise (should I say sound) and it was then I realised that my engine had died down! I cranked the engine a coupla more times, which was when it dawned on me that the tractor like sound was from my car

Meanwhile, there was plenty of honking from all the vehicles at the signal and finally I had to push the car to the side with the help of some good samaritan. Boy, this was when I got a feel of how heavy this car is! I was completely clueless on why my 4 yr old Indica suddenly gave up on me like this!

I immediately called the Concorde helpline and was directed to a person by name Mr. Arun. I explained the problem to him and the best part of this was that he instantly gave me directions on the phone and resolved the issue in a matter of 15 minutes!

Basically, the "check engine" had stopped functioning the moment the ignition was turned on. Arun directed me to the fuses and relay unit adjacent to the bonnet lever. Made me plug out the ECU fuse, which I could figure out was in good shape. Next he got me to replace the ECU relay with the Horn relay and the "check engine" as well as the glow spring lit up and I was able to bring the engine back to life!

So, in the end it was a problem with the ECU relay and once replaced things were back to normal. I have plugged the faulty ECU relay in the Horn unit, but the horn so far seems to be working fine.

Big thanks to Mr. Arun for instant help and patiently directing me to narrow down to the issue! I guess I can still dream of the NcB I would get on my insurance

Last edited by DerAlte : 25th July 2009 at 11:06. Reason: Extra smileys removed
royalcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 25th July 2009, 08:08   #408
Senior - BHPian

^Opening the fuse box itself is confusing for an average car owner.now changing the relays?baba..you are experienced with the car.that's how it worked!
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 11:55   #409
BHPian

hmm, it could have also been the desperation to get out of the that crowded place that got it to work! nevertheless, it was a good learning experience which also made me wonder why the fuse box is placed in such an inconvenient location, cos I had to work with the light from the cell phone - the cabin light was of no use at all
royalcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2009, 12:19   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
... which also made me wonder why the fuse box is placed in such an inconvenient location,
In most cars it is in such a location! Do the makers feel they have concealed it so well that a thief will never find it and thereby be unable to 'hot-wire' the car?!!
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 14:38   #411
BHPian

Default Engine stalling with A/C

I have 73K done 7 years old Indica and it seems that I am getting some issue or another on weekly basis

Yesterday I noticed that when A/C is on and I come down from 3rd to 1st or 2nd gear then suddenly RPM of the car goes to almost zero and it stalls at times. At times it feels that fuel is not passed to the engine, sometime I am able to stop engine from dying by switching off the A/C and gunning the engine.

Any suggestions from the experts on this? I am bit scared to bring it to office fearing that it might breakdown during my 40 km drive to office.

I don't have a tacho in my car but I can feel the RPM go down and engine dying on me

Last edited by Sang : 27th July 2009 at 14:39. Reason: Added content
Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 14:51   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
I have 73K done 7 years old Indica and it seems that I am getting some issue or another on weekly basis
81K and 4.5 years. Same problem here too
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 07:06   #413
BHPian

Quote:

Yesterday I noticed that when A/C is on and I come down from 3rd to 1st or 2nd gear then suddenly RPM of the car goes to almost zero and it stalls at times. At times it feels that fuel is not passed to the engine, sometime I am able to stop engine from dying by switching off the A/C and gunning the engine.

Any suggestions from the experts on this? I am bit scared to bring it to office fearing that it might breakdown during my 40 km drive to office.

I don't have a tacho in my car but I can feel the RPM go down and engine dying on me
Today morning I drove it for 35 kms without engine dying on me. However, at times whenever my foot on accelerator pedal was light, I can feel the engine knocking/lugging. it was as if the fuel supply to the engine is poor. I don't know the true reasons but could it be related to fuel pump?
Old 28th July 2009, 12:31   #414
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
I don't know the true reasons but could it be related to fuel pump?
A look of the fuel pump at an authorised LUCAS TVS / BOSCH centre would help, I feel.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 13:15   #415
BHPian

Are there any LUCAS TVS / BOSCH in Mumbai or Thane?
saildrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 13:18   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

A look of the fuel pump at an authorised LUCAS TVS / BOSCH centre would help, I feel.
Hi Rajesh,

We have both Lucas and Bosch service centre within 30 kms, Which one should I prefer?
Old 28th July 2009, 13:21   #417
BHPian

Depends on the make of the Fuel pump in your car.

Quote:
Hi Rajesh,

We have both Lucas and Bosch service centre within 30 kms, Which one should I prefer?
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 13:41   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Depends on the make of the Fuel pump in your car.
and How do we check the make?
Old 29th July 2009, 15:05   #419
BHPian

First get Catalytic convertor cleaned, I was also facing same prob and went to Lucas , they checked an told me to get catalytic convertor cleaned. In case prob is still there then you can get your fuel pump recalibrated
mandyrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2009, 19:27   #420
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Hi Rajesh,
Go to the one close by. If it is not theirs, take it to the other place.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote