Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 16th March 2010, 10:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi Humm,

I have heard alot of reviews and complaints of the Swift having a weak clutch, however I do not know if this is true or not as I have a 2005 Swift which has done 50k kms till date and have no issues with the clutch what so ever. Eventhough I drive in Mumbai which is known for its notorious traffic snarls. I did have the juddering issue but that only happened during the monsoons and was told that it was due to moisture. I also had my clutch serviced at 40k kms but didnt have any parts of the clutch changed till date.

With regards to the jhatkas, it must be a worn out suspension bushing.
I have a 2007 Swift which got its clutch replaced in 2008, with around 14 K on Odo. The current clutch is almost gone (90%) its now 23K on the Odo.
But i should say that my Dad's driving style also should have complimented this wear out.
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2010, 11:11   #17

The thing is I have never driven on the clutch. My car is self driven, I drive in Mumbai but hardly go main mumbai. My drives are 95% highway driving.

This clutch change issue is like a blow on my face. I feel I have been doing something wrong.

But thanks to you guys, I will take up this issue with the GM at service and speak about it.
humm is offline   Reply With Quote