Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 27th June 2016, 09:18   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Change the windshield? Insurance or Payment Upfront?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post

Is it same glass that we get at MASS/WE with the logo? Please let me know the place.
Yes Sir... same glass. You know the place already..Naharpur car market. Near Kumar Motors.
panky12345 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 12:22   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Insurance claim for broken windshield

I am getting my front windshield replaced from windshield experts under my Tata AIG zero dep policy. The front windshield also has the 3m CR70 film for which I paid nearly 8k, will this get covered by the insurance company at all?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 12:29   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I am getting my front windshield replaced from windshield experts under my Tata AIG zero dep policy. The front windshield also has the 3m CR70 film for which I paid nearly 8k, will this get covered by the insurance company at all?
Only if you had insured that as well, by declaring Non-Electrical accessories with Value, when you had purchased/renewed policy.
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 13:52   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
On which I noticed that there was a film on the glass. I ripped the film out and there was nothing on the glass

Hate the fact that I had to pay close to 6k, when all that could've been done was have the film removed.
So, if I have understood, the scratches on your windshield were internal? I too had sunfilm (without tints) on my windscreen. But my windscreen has scratches from the outside- due to wiper movement, dust, the cleaning boy etc...
ajayclicks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 13:54   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
So, if I have understood, the scratches on your windshield were internal? I too had sunfilm (without tints) on my windscreen. But my windscreen has scratches from the outside- due to wiper movement, dust, the cleaning boy etc...

Yup! There were scratches from inside the glass outside was fine, cleaner uses decent cloths and wiper blades are changed every 6 months so they are usually in good condition!
GranvilleDsouza is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote