Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th April 2010, 16:01   #211
Senior - BHPian

there is a Car SPA in Chennai called Thejas Auto SPA. They have their shop on OMR near SRP Tools. They have an express wash at AMPA Skywalk Mall @ Nelson Manickam Road - Poonamalle High Road Junction.

I had a rate card which was like 2months old.

For small cars, the quote was 1000/- - Exterior, interior, seats, carpets, roof, Boot, Wheels. same was 1500 was SUV/MUV (Scorpio Innova Xylo Endeavor Category).

I am planning to get a quote from them initially. They are very close to where i work. I will get details on post them soon. I am also planning to try them sometime.

I just cleaned my car today using Mr Robert Car polish from Pidilite. I will give it to them once my car is dirty again. :-)
scopriobharath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 23:14   #212
BHPian

Default Asking all Chennai Bhpians - "Power Of Care" for Car cleaning and polishing

Dear Bhpians from Chennai,

Have any of you heard of a company named 'Power Of Care'? Itís a Kolathur (near Perambur) based company who clean and polish your car exteriors, interiors and engine bay. I guess they are also into pre-owned car sales.

They charge Rs 4750 per car for a year (itís a signed contract). They clean the interior and the engine bay. They shampoo wash and wax and polish the exterior. All this is done once every month. They come to your house and do all this. The guy I spoke to this morning said it will take around 2.5 hours to complete the whole job. You will have to provide them with 3 buckets of water and an electrical outlet (they will bring the cables and stuff) for their equipment. They work on the weekends too.

My wife's colleague's cars are being maintained by them and she has only good things to say about their service. I would like to know if any of you has heard of them or their services or better if you have used their services. Or does anybody smell a rat? If yes, what should I have to watch out for before committing myself to it?
neutralgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 23:30   #213
BHPian

Nope, i have not heard about the company.

Cleaning the upholstery every month with shampoo and chemicals might become a problem and may render the upholstery useless, me thinks.

the cost seems to be ok for 12 months and monthly service. I was once quoted around Rs 650 by a guy for onetime upholstery and interiors service.

There is a new company that has come at nandanam opp to ymca college that does interior and exterior cleaning as well. Has anybody visited that place, any feedback?
ikoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 08:52   #214
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, the car detailing industry is picking up in India now & they charge whooping amount just for cleaning the car. Check out these guys who're first to introduce car detailing in India. Though I haven't given my car to them, I heard from them on various aspects of cleaning car like anti microbial treatment, cleaning car without water (to me it sounded like walking without legs) and there's no wonder everyone tries to capture the market during the boom. Anyway long story short, IMO washing the car at your place is sounds like hmmm & Rs 4750 for the 3M chemicals are little more I guess because Carzspa told me that their range starts from 800 up to 25K to use 3M products.

Anyway check out this thread (Car Detailing?) too & it could be helpful
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2010, 12:03   #215
BHPian

Got my Punto's exterior and engine bay detailed yesterday. Had gone out for shopping and on an impulse went to Carz Spa at nandanam just to check out their services, prices and to take a look at their workshop. I liked what I saw and got my car detailed immediately and put my shopping on hold :P

Here are the results for you too see (Please excuse the low quality as I had shot them using my mobile. Also the apparent difference in paint color is cause of the auto white balance setting) -

BEFORE
Name:  before.jpg
Views: 2987
Size:  225.0 KB

AFTER
Name:  after.jpg
Views: 2828
Size:  223.5 KB Name:  after2.jpg
Views: 2986
Size:  219.6 KB

Services done :

Exterior pressure steam wash and shampoo wash - Pretty much cleaned dirt, grime, insect and leaf bits stuck in gaps and hard to reach areas. They used a ph balanced shampoo and pressure washed the exterior as well as underneath the car. They use purified water and not ordinary water. They cleaned up the alloys and tyres too. The car was already gleaming. Cost - Rs 400/-

Engine dressing - I must say I was pretty impressed with the results. It was just as it was when the car rolled out of the showroom. Not a speck of dirt anywhere and no sticky feel at all. Will never let the TASS guys clean the engine bay again. Cost - Rs 200/-

Machine polish and wax - They had used a brand I havent heard of before - Meguiars . But the results are pretty much amazing. The car looked better than it was when it had rolled out of the showroom. The wet look is awesome. It was turning heads throughout the drive home Cost - Rs 500/-

They had also cleaned the windshield and windows from the inside. Plus some complimentary minor interior detailing like cleaning the mats, dash and a quick vacuum.

Overall price - Rs 1100/- Total time - 2 hrs

I hadnt done the interior detailing as I had cleaned and vacuumed the interiors myself last weekend.

Overall, I had a pretty good experience. The whole ambiance has got an upmarket feel. The staff were pretty knowledgeable and courteous. They dont usually take up too many cars for detailing at once, so that they spend enough time with each car. It could also be coz they only have space to handle two to three cars at a time. But they handle your car with care and the technicians know what they are doing. Also they are pretty much in the center of the city and so very accessible.

I will be going to them again, no doubt. Also I would recommend everyone who would love to pamper their cars to visit them.
neutralgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 00:05   #216
Senior - BHPian

Got my Camry "Detailed" by 3m in Carnation.
well they were able to remove most of the stains in the car and the tar spots but i was not very happy with the final results.
They charged me 4.5k for the Exterior (which i think was a rip off for the job done) and 1.5K for the interior which i think the guys at toyota would have done a better job than these guys. I ended up with a loose back seat , God knows why they removed my Dash storage and ended up making it loose,sun shade of the passenger was damaged.

First of all i highly doubt the so called services provided were by 3m itself.
Because
1) last week i called up regarding detailing on Sunday and they said 3m people dont work on Sunday.

I had given my car on Saturday and the service adviser told my car will be ready at 2 on Sunday.
I asked him several times whether 3M guys work on Sunday etc and he said there will be no problem.

Yes i agree there was a lot of work to be done on my car but the finishing was very poor.
There was lot of residue left from the cream or what ever they used.
They totally forgot about the alloys and again lots of that cream was left on my alloys.

In the Interiors they totally forgot about the door panels and the leather on them, the seats had few spots left on it plus i doubt if they have used leather conditioner etc to condition the seats.

Over all i was not satisfied by the 3M service(which i doubt) provided in Carnation and will probably never step there again.

My Rating 2/5 exteriors for the amount of work they probably had to do to get those tar stains etc but other wise not at all impressed.

Interiors 2/5 it was a rather shabby job.
overall it was not worth the 6 grand i paid for at all.

Next time im going to get it done through guys like autovega or someone else who is more honest and dedicated.
I feel its all about the products being used and not the people.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 04:31   #217
Senior - BHPian

Here's another info about carzspa - Carzspa will be able to eliminate most of the minor scratches from the front & rear wind shields. They use some kind of 3M (atleast that's what I've been told) chemical or compound to rub off the scratches from the glass.
Old 13th April 2010, 07:02   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Here's another info about carzspa - Carzspa will be able to eliminate most of the minor scratches from the front & rear wind shields. They use some kind of 3M (atleast that's what I've been told) chemical or compound to rub off the scratches from the glass.
any idea on how much this service would cost ? only for the windshields that is and not the whole car detailing.
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 08:42   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
any idea on how much this service would cost ? only for the windshields that is and not the whole car detailing.
Sorry Vinay; I don't know anything on the prices, I only know that these guys are based out of Surat & do a great deal of business there & were eyeing Chennai & this was sometimes during Aug 09. I know this guys from a business perspective & not from customer's perspective.
Old 13th April 2010, 22:50   #220
Senior - BHPian

The price list Carz Spa in Gurgaon is available on their website. Divine Carzspa

Based on TBHP reviews, I mailed them and got to know of their center in Gurgaon.
tsk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 09:45   #221
BHPian

In Kochi I have not able to find out a *good* car detailing service. So far I was using Jopasu products, but they don't provide a good wax. Has any one shopped here? Gamut Auto :: Car Care Products | Car Shampoo | Car Polish | Car Wax |

I tried and their payment system is not quite re-assuring. So if any one has dealt with these guys, please do comment.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 12:37   #222
BHPian

I went to Bimal Carz Spa yesterday for exterior and interior cleanings. Overall, I found them to be very expensive as they were charging 895/ for exterior cleaning and 995/ for interior cleaning. The interior cleaning price is somewhat OK since they clean the seats properly and apply polish to the interiors.

The exterior cleaning using their steam wash machine included engine dressing where they spray a degreaser, pumping steam through the AC vents for a few seconds and waxing. The waxing part was where I was not completely satisfied as they did not use a machine and just rubbed some wax over the car and cleaned it off with a cloth. And they applied some tyre gel on the tyre sidewalls.

By the way, people in bangalore should look at the awesome combo of Armor All detailers tire foam and STP Son of a Gun interior protectant being offered by Hypercity (Near Kundalahalli) for just Rs.399/. The tire foam costs 495/ separately and the STP protectant costs 315/ separately and we are getting almost 50% off on the induvidual prices!
mtnrajdeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 19:43   #223
BHPian

Default Doorstep car wash service

Got this pamphlet stuck on my car ..@350/month sounds to good to be true...that's what I used to pay the apt security for my previous car, in fact 50/- bucks more.

Anyone has availed of the services...the concept looks good however, since it does provide employment opportunity, and the requirement for such services, IMO, is pretty high.

http://www.axxicarcare.com
Attached Images

sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 21:20   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralgrey View Post
Got my Punto's exterior and engine bay detailed yesterday. Had gone out for shopping and on an impulse went to Carz Spa at nandanam just to check out their services, prices and to take a look at their workshop. I liked what I saw and got my car detailed immediately and put my shopping on hold :P

Here are the results for you too see (Please excuse the low quality as I had shot them using my mobile. Also the apparent difference in paint color is cause of the auto white balance setting) -

BEFORE
Attachment 326694

AFTER
Attachment 326695 Attachment 326696

Services done :

Exterior pressure steam wash and shampoo wash - Pretty much cleaned dirt, grime, insect and leaf bits stuck in gaps and hard to reach areas. They used a ph balanced shampoo and pressure washed the exterior as well as underneath the car. They use purified water and not ordinary water. They cleaned up the alloys and tyres too. The car was already gleaming. Cost - Rs 400/-

Engine dressing - I must say I was pretty impressed with the results. It was just as it was when the car rolled out of the showroom. Not a speck of dirt anywhere and no sticky feel at all. Will never let the TASS guys clean the engine bay again. Cost - Rs 200/-

Machine polish and wax - They had used a brand I havent heard of before - Meguiars . But the results are pretty much amazing. The car looked better than it was when it had rolled out of the showroom. The wet look is awesome. It was turning heads throughout the drive home Cost - Rs 500/-

They had also cleaned the windshield and windows from the inside. Plus some complimentary minor interior detailing like cleaning the mats, dash and a quick vacuum.

Overall price - Rs 1100/- Total time - 2 hrs

I hadnt done the interior detailing as I had cleaned and vacuumed the interiors myself last weekend.

Overall, I had a pretty good experience. The whole ambiance has got an upmarket feel. The staff were pretty knowledgeable and courteous. They dont usually take up too many cars for detailing at once, so that they spend enough time with each car. It could also be coz they only have space to handle two to three cars at a time. But they handle your car with care and the technicians know what they are doing. Also they are pretty much in the center of the city and so very accessible.

I will be going to them again, no doubt. Also I would recommend everyone who would love to pamper their cars to visit them.
Based on your post I decided to try them out today , the person in charge Rajesh still remembers you

Overall they did a great job but when I came home I noticed a lot of polish marks (white stains) on the plastics and glass. I didnt notice this at the place and only later when I was driving and sun hit the windows. Came home and had to clean all that off.

Also engine bay detailing was a bit rushed or not sure, they have cleaned it but not applied polish and it could be better. Again something I should have checked at the showroom.

I guess its because it was a weekend and they had other cars waiting they rushed a bit at the end. Also left the car with them and didn't hang around to supervise.

But still I guess the polishing work at Rs.500/- is an unbeatable deal. Would definitely recommend it at the price and probably suggest going on a weekday

Car Detailing?-car.jpg

Car Detailing?-car2.jpg

Car Detailing?-engine.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post

I got this done @ Rs.700 , they call it anti-glare treatment. Got this done as well. Yet to try some night drives
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 17:52   #225
Senior - BHPian

bottle: Good work at such a low price !

How old is your car and how many KMS ?
mithun is offline   Reply With Quote