Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2007, 13:02   #1
BHPian
 
Maverick1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 832
Thanked: 249 Times
Default Car Detailing?

I am not sure whether this Topic exists, but I am so confused that I decided to start a new thread.
Car Detailing - I never knew what this was all about till I came across these 2 sites which enlightened me about car detailing.
Car Polishing in Mumbai, Car Polishing in India, Carpet Shampooing for Cars in India, Fleet Detailing in Mumbai, Car Seat Cleaning in India, Car Washing for Fleet of Cars, Continuous Round the clock Car Cleaning Services, Carpet Cleaning for Cars in
The Bike & Car Salon | Professional Automobile Detailing | India

Both these sites claim that they can make your old car as good as new. At least the pictures seemed to tell the same story, old cars almost looking like they have been just driven out from the show room.
I called both of them to inquire the price for detailing my car. I was quoted a price of 3K by Kamyo & 3.5K+1.5 (paint protection) by BikeandCar ppl.
Has any one on this TBHP tried out their services? Any views or comments on the same? Would be glad to know if there are cheaper options available?

Last edited by Maverick1977 : 31st December 2007 at 13:20.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2007, 13:34   #2
BHPian
 
abhishek_rait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai , Munich , Patna
Posts: 70
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I am not sure whether this Topic exists, but I am so confused that I decided to start a new thread.
Car Detailing - I never knew what this was all about till I came across these 2 sites which enlightened me about car detailing.
Car Polishing in Mumbai, Car Polishing in India, Carpet Shampooing for Cars in India, Fleet Detailing in Mumbai, Car Seat Cleaning in India, Car Washing for Fleet of Cars, Continuous Round the clock Car Cleaning Services, Carpet Cleaning for Cars in
The Bike & Car Salon | Professional Automobile Detailing | India

Both these sites claim that they can make your old car as good as new. At least the pictures seemed to tell the same story, old cars almost looking like they have been just driven out from the show room.
I called both of them to inquire the price for detailing my car. I was quoted a price of 3K by Kamyo & 3.5K+1.5 (paint protection) by BikeandCar ppl.
Has any one on this TBHP tried out their services? Any views or comments on the same? Would be glad to know if there are cheaper options available?

hi just called up bike and car people . they quoted 7 k for my baleno all treatmnet exterior interior, engine and a polymer coating . will try once i get a appointment. and post my reviews
abhishek_rait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 16:11   #3
BHPian
 
Maverick1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 832
Thanked: 249 Times
Default

Hi, any comments on this? Is there any place in Mumbai where I can get my car machine polished for a good rate? Also is there any one who's convinced about them after going through the site.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 17:19   #4
BHPian
 
yogi1771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 631
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

check both these threads out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/32814-best-car-polish-shine-package-money-can-buy.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/32702-inexpensive-place-car-polishing-mumbai.html
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2008, 18:30   #5
BHPian
 
Shashank.A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 479
Thanked: Once
Default

yogi both these threads are not working !!
Shashank.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2008, 22:28   #6
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 88
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

I think you are getting too pricy a deal. Try out the outlet at InOrbit Mall. You can see the work before you get your car done. For a Baleno the complete interiors are done for 900 and a nano coating which is antistatic is for 2500. They check the gloss before and after with a Gloss meter and give a one year warranty. The Gloss meter determines the warranty and not your eye.
ThinkBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2008, 21:10   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Madras
Posts: 558
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Wow,Car Detailing is sure good. Anyone knows where car detailing is done in Madras,I know MRF Tyredome does it but I don't know the quality of the work they do. Besides,the Kamyo Detailers website is sure tempting to give it to them for work,but they're in Mumbai!

cya
A
Absar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2008, 21:20   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
snaronikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,845
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Why not try 3M car detailing? They have good products and you will get the whole range of products for cleaning.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2008, 21:28   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
rr_zen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 262 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
Wow,Car Detailing is sure good. Anyone knows where car detailing is done in Madras,I know MRF Tyredome does it but I don't know the quality of the work they do. Besides,the Kamyo Detailers website is sure tempting to give it to them for work,but they're in Mumbai!

cya
A
Try 3M car detailing in chennai. You will not regret it. It is being done by a 3M distributor named Balaji Agencies in T.Nagar (off G.N.Chetty Road). I have personally had a very good experience so far for my bike and car.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 19:33   #10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Madras
Posts: 558
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

rr_zen,Thank you for the recommendation. I went to T.Nagar and searched all over G.N.Shetty road,it wasn't there. Upon Googling for 3m distributors in chennai,I came upon this SBA Shri Balaji Agencies - Contact Us

The address in the site is different from where you told. Maybe they have relocated. I shall check up shortly on that address and try it there.

cya
A
Absar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 21:56   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
rr_zen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 262 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
rr_zen,Thank you for the recommendation. I went to T.Nagar and searched all over G.N.Shetty road,it wasn't there. Upon Googling for 3m distributors in chennai,I came upon this SBA Shri Balaji Agencies - Contact Us

The address in the site is different from where you told. Maybe they have relocated. I shall check up shortly on that address and try it there.

cya
A
@Absar: Let me tell you where it exactly is (or maybe was !!). I suppose you know the Gururdhwara on GNC road to the left when coming from Mount Road. Adjacent to it is a road (dont recollect its name) which takes you straight to the 3M Service Center. You must find the agency on the left hand side of this road. The building is actually a residence converted into an office, but you can sure make it out.

All these dont hold good if they had relocated now. Mind you, my information is two years old now. In case you reach them, do send me the correct address and directions as I will need them for sure once am back in chennai by March.

Last edited by rr_zen : 17th January 2008 at 21:57.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 10:53   #12
BHPian
 
Maverick1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 832
Thanked: 249 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh_carspa View Post
I think you are getting too pricy a deal. Try out the outlet at InOrbit Mall. You can see the work before you get your car done. For a Baleno the complete interiors are done for 900 and a nano coating which is antistatic is for 2500. They check the gloss before and after with a Gloss meter and give a one year warranty. The Gloss meter determines the warranty and not your eye.
Are U talking about the Auto Glym guy at Inorbit? I have heard that their work is very lackadaisical. Any way will visit them on this weekend. Hope they are working.
The biggest hurdle which I am facing is the fact that most these car polish guys do the polishing in the open, which in a dusty place like ours I feel is wrong.
Maverick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 12:14   #13
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 205
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
rr_zen,Thank you for the recommendation. I went to T.Nagar and searched all over G.N.Shetty road,it wasn't there. Upon Googling for 3m distributors in chennai,I came upon this SBA Shri Balaji Agencies - Contact Us

The address in the site is different from where you told. Maybe they have relocated. I shall check up shortly on that address and try it there.

cya
A
Hi Absar, please update once to visit them so that i too can try for my car.
joshdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 16:12   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,729
Thanked: 89,228 Times
Default

Maverick, I recently got my ride detailed, and researched a LOT before zero'ing in on these chaps. Excellent job and highly recommended:

Exteriors : Pervez @ Mazda Motors : 2353.7560 / 2493.1708

Interiors : Sachin @ Rhyme and Rhythm : 98201.84442. His boys spent an entire day on my interiors, and got the soiled (brown) finish back to a brand new beige.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2008, 18:47   #15
BHPian
 
yogi1771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 631
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Hi GTO how much each of these guys charge
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Car Spa: Car Washing & Detailing (Bangalore) motomaverick Bangalore 25 13th April 2017 20:02
Professional Car Detailing - Sparkle Detailing (Delhi) tsk13 Delhi NCR 11 22nd October 2016 08:34
Car Detailing Center/Car Care - Kforce (Madinaguda, Hyderabad) kanwal Other Cities 32 6th October 2015 15:06
Car Detailing : Car Parlour (Mulund, Mumbai) kailashnj Mumbai 17 9th August 2012 13:20
Door step car detailing : Car Polishers (Bangalore) ms001 Bangalore 25 30th November 2010 18:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks