Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 11th August 2016, 00:31   #346
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Maintain the car yourself. A service checklist

Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Timing belt changes need a certain level of expertise. I've seen camshafts broken because of faulty TB fitment.
i would agree. Depending on the car/engine, you need a lot of expertise, proper instruction and in certain cases special tools.

a lot of the instruction can be found on the internet these days, but I would be careful when it comes to timing belts. You get it slightly wrong you could destroy the engine. So you better know what you are doing

Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2016, 13:04   #347
Default Re: Maintain the car yourself. A service checklist

Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What you'll have to do is, raise the car using jack stands;

At the base of the radiator you'll find a plug like thing. Pull it out to drain all the coolant during this time keep the coolant reservoir cap open so the flow is continuous.

I think the ratio of water : coolant is 1:1.
Thank you, Anurag.
So Swift VDi doesn't have any radiator cab like other cars, it is only Coolant tank Cap? I am asking this question because i am planning to flush the radiator using running tap water into the radiator while engine is idle.
Can you please put the steps to flush the radiator on my Swift Vdi.
prasad029 is offline   Reply With Quote