Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 10th June 2013, 12:32   #31
Geo
BHPian

Default Re: Basic question about Leather seats

Does anybody have any trips/tricks to reduce art leather heat?

Also, if anybody has any recommendation for art leather maintenance, please share.

Has anybody tried polishing to remove the sticky feel of art leather?
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 13:55   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Does anybody have any trips/tricks to reduce art leather heat?

Also, if anybody has any recommendation for art leather maintenance, please share.

Has anybody tried polishing to remove the sticky feel of art leather?
The only and best trick is to throw it out. Art Leather is an inferior quality of the cloth seats of your car, you are better of using those without a cover. Get the orignal seats cleaned once in 6 months and you are set.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 20:25   #33
BHPian

I have got leather seats in my VW vento from Ms. Karlssons , Bangalore and have been using it for the last four months or so. They remove the cloth upholstery and the seats get clad with pure Scandinavian leather. It looks good and does not need frequent cleaning and is easy to maintain. You can see their work in this forum itself and also in their facebook page.
premc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2013, 14:18   #34
Geo
BHPian

Sahil,

I consider that to be an extremist view We all don't opt for Audis or Fortuners (in India). We settle down to something less perfect but more affordable.

Art leather sells because most people don't mind shelling out 6 to 10 grands, but people think twice or thrice before shelling out 25k and upwards.

So as an enthusiast, my intention may not always be to look at the best quality and highly unaffordable options alone. I would definitely consider all options which will fit my pocket, and try to fine tune them to remove the issues that arise.

As far as art leather heat is concerned, the plastic/synthetic mesh thats used over the seat cover (it is called 'marble' by the spare-parts-shop guys) helps big time. It avoids contact between body and the seat and kind of prevents sweating.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote