Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 2nd February 2008, 13:59   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alankarmotor View Post
HOWEVER IT SEEMS THAT THE TECH2 READING IS BEING TAKEN WHILE THE VEHICLE IS IN STATIONARY POSITION, TAKE THE READING WHILE THE CAR IS BEING DRIVEN AND THE AIRCON IS ON,THIS WILL INDICATE IF THERE IS CLOGING IN THE COOLING SYSTEM INCUDING THE RADIATOR. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE THE READING SHOULD BE ORE THAN 98 DEG. EVEN 99 DEG IS UNACCEPTABLE. FINISH THIS EXERCISE AND REVERT BACK, I WILL BE IN A BETTER POSITION TO ADVISE. MY NICK NAME IS POMPY AND MY CELL NOS. ARE (09835020200/09334116002) I WILL BE TOO GLAD TO HELP WHENEVER NEEDED.
hi,

yes the tech2 reading was taken when the vehichle was stationary.
will ask them to check while the vehicle is being driven.with a/c also.

btw the maruti serivce guy told me that there is no chance of a wrong reading from the sensor.he says it either works or it doesnt work.

thanks for the info will ask them to replace the sensor & check.
will post the status on monday.
ad75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 18:23   #17
BHPian

hi,

i did take the car to bimal.they changed the sensor & after 4 hrs of waiting.gave the car saying everything was fine.

on the way back, the guage on the dash was still climbing to 3/4 level.

i should have checked it.didnt have time.

what else should be checked?
Old 6th February 2008, 20:56   #18
BHPian

Default Esteem Overheating

Hi,you still havent mentioned what was the temp. reading while the veh was being driven.The other reason for this could be a blown cyl. head gasket.To confirm open the radiator cap ensure coolant level is full,start the engine wait for the temp to rise,after the engine has warmed up look for air bubbles coming from inside the radiator at regular intervals.If this is observed then get your cyl. head gasket replaced. In case this not so and u have taken tech2 reading while the veh is being driven and have confirmed temp not going above 98 deg.then it is a rare case of of temp gauge malfunction.In some batches of instrument cluster in type2 esteems which were supplied by JU-SHIN this probelem has been reported in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post
hi,

i did take the car to bimal.they changed the sensor & after 4 hrs of waiting.gave the car saying everything was fine.

on the way back, the guage on the dash was still climbing to 3/4 level.

i should have checked it.didnt have time.

what else should be checked?
alankarmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 12:01   #19
BHPian

Default update

they had checked the temp while drving & the radiator fan was switchin on at the required temp even while the needle on the dash was still climbing upto 3/4th level.

they replaced the meter assly suspecting the needle to be faulty.(in the process resetting my odo to zero..

the problem still exists, even the new meter assly goes to 3/4level.

they are now suspecting a blown head gasket or a problem with the coolant circulation.they will be working on it this week.

keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 27th February 2008, 16:01   #20
BHPian

Blown head gaskit is eazy to find. When the car is overheating check for white smoke from the exhaust if there is white smoke then you have a bad gaskit. Though that is the most likely reason if they have already checked the sensor and coolant flow.

Quote:
they had checked the temp while drving & the radiator fan was switchin on at the required temp even while the needle on the dash was still climbing upto 3/4th level.

they replaced the meter assly suspecting the needle to be faulty.(in the process resetting my odo to zero..

they are now suspecting a blown head gasket or a problem with the coolant circulation.they will be working on it this week.

bhogalrajnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 16:11   #21
BHPian

Quote:

Normally if there is a blown gasket, you will be able to spot oil floating on top of the coolant in the radiator along with some debries.

Amit
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2008, 11:25   #22
BHPian

phew!!!, got the car after 5 days & the issue finally seems to have been sorted out.
Have driven only for about 50 kms.
the replacements done by them, radiator assembly, headgasket,thermostat & the gasket,intake gasket.they said that they could not find any problem with the head gasket,they said could be some hairline crack.
Old 10th March 2008, 12:01   #23
BHPian

gosh..this is has stretched too far for you...hope its resolved this time...

btw, I have a 97 Carb and the temperature always stays at around 40% OR lower...not more than that...
Shashank.A is offline   Reply With Quote