Team-BHP - Car check up
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Car check up (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/35136-car-check-up.html)

Hi,

I have completed 3200 kms on my Santro. First servicing is done. Second servicing is due at around 5k kms. Thing is I am going on a long drive from Hyderabad to Pune and back this weekend. After first servicing I have already done couple of long drives (500 kms, 300 kms). As Pune trip will consume almost 1300 kms, I want to get my car checked before I embark on my Pune trip.
- Shall I go for 2nd free servicing instead of check up ?
- Will Service Center allow this ?
- If I go for check up only, then will they charge for it ?

I just want to ensure that my car is in proper shape to take this trip. And if oil change etc is required then its better to go for servicing. I have done some DIY check ups for various oil/fluid levels and they look ok to me.

Please help me on this so that I can talk to the service person accordingly.

Mods - If this is not proper place to put this question, then move it to appropriate place. Thanks.

I would suggest you for a normal check up with the local mechanic. Basically all the functional parts & electricals should be checked. After you come back from the trip you can consider for giving for servicing.

OR better just give the vehicle for a check up the above parts mentioned at A** and after you return, give it for servicing.

I think if you have manually done the checks and the car is running fine, then you can go ahead with the drive before the service. Come back from the drive and get your car serviced, cleaned, topped up and all.

As a rule dont get anything changed immediately before your long drive.

You can do a normal checkup yourself like Engine/brake Oil level, Coolant level, Horn working, check headlamps and indicators for fuses, water in wiper tank, A/C working. Any signs of oil/ fuel leakage in the engine bay.

That should be good enough for your drive and before your next servicing.

Thanks for your inputs. Checked the manual. 2nd servicing is at 9k-10k mark. So no point in going for servicing. I will do the routine checkups and will ensure that everything is alright.

Since you are going to be out on a long drive, Samurais Road Trip Article should be a must read!

Thanks GTO. I have already read it. Theres lot of useful tips there. Will sure help me a lot in my preparations.

hey man , with out a doubt i would get the service done early as opposed to a "check up"

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyneverdie (Post 713313)
hey man , with out a doubt i would get the service done early as opposed to a "check up"

but.. so early ? my odo has 3200 kms and service book says servicing at 9k to 10 k or 6 months. I have not reached any of the deadlines. Also the car is running fine. Its just that I want to ensure that there are no loose nuts before my long drive.