Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 12th April 2014, 15:45   #121

Default Re: Help With Water Marks on Windshield

Thank you very much to all of you for kind suggestions. Once i went to 3m Car care for this issue and they told me to apply some wind shield polish and i did the same but for few days it worked good after that it became very worse to drive in rainy Days.
CrazyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2014, 21:33   #122

Hurry ....Today i have applied Green lemon and it worked well but some marks are left. May be again i have tried ....
CrazyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 13:14   #123
Senior - BHPian

get some professional cleaner from websites such as http://www.optimumcarcareindia.com, detailedclean.in greenzcarcare etc. It might be costly. But worth it. May be you can share cost with friends. But whatever you do, make sure you leave a micro coating such as rain-x for protection. Else spots reappear in no time. Both would be costly. I have applied rain-x. Spots removal was done using liquid polish (moto max) from SPAR. prepare to spend some time removing the spots. Do it day time so you can see spots clearly. But after you leave coat of rain-x, daily cleaning is easy peasy. Spray some quick detailer (you can mix some ONR with distilled water) and use microfiber daily cleaning. As of now my first rain-x is lasting for some months now. moreover i don't have daily wash regime. So my coating lasts longer.

Last edited by kutlee : 13th April 2014 at 13:15.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2015, 15:28   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
I have water stains not only on my wind-shield but also on the car body.
The water that comes in my building is perhaps hard-water. The guy uses the same water to wash my car. Now the roof of the car has got ridiculous amount of stains. Too many. How do I get rid of the stains on the car body?
While refraining from promoting any specific brand, here is what worked very well for me - dab Amway Car Wash liquid undiluted on moist surface, leave it for a few minutes, scrub it gently with 3M microfiber cloth or a gentle toothbrush (the ones for little kids or Sensodyne soft) and wash it with soft water. I tried this on hard water marks accumulated on body, beneath the hood and front grill, they disappeared. I hope this helps.
dnahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2015, 14:22   #125
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Hello All, I am facing a peculiar problem with my car windshield . Last week my car was bathing every day in kitchen water as the plumbing pipe above my car had cracked
I was prompt in ensuring the stains do not dry and hence the glass looks clean and spanking when seen with normal eyes and also while driving there is no problem, however, the problem occurs at night, during rains & while facing head light of cars. I can see stains/water marks on windshield at that time and defogger or anything doesn't help.
Any suggestions how to tackle this as it becomes difficult to drive at night
Cooltronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 18:15   #126
BHPian

Do not know if this is the right place to put in my query, or if this has been answered before.

The last rainy season, the car was parked in my wife's office basement parking. Some parts of the building are still under construction. So, this particular day it was raining, and some water (supposedly-as told by my wife) seeped through the gaps/expansion joints on the roof of the basement, and fell on the windshield. I am assuming this was water that was mixed with the white cement/whitewash/powder like substance that you usually find on floors of under construction buildings.

This has left a stain on my windshield - I tried cleaning with soap water, but no luck. With the winters & fog setting in, I feel this might lead to a visibility problem.

Will the lime/vinegar solution work on it? The stain looks like it has faded that part of the windshield, turning it slightly milky & translucent.
Sinner666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 16:08   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
I tried cleaning with soap water, but no luck. With the winters & fog setting in, I feel this might lead to a visibility problem.

Will the lime/vinegar solution work on it? The stain looks like it has faded that part of the windshield, turning it slightly milky & translucent.
You have already crossed the first troubleshooting step. Vinegar should work in this case, but you need to dilute it in strengths of 1 vinegar : 10 water (10% strength). Try not to get it on paint by covering it with newpaper or plastic cover. Use old tooth brush to slowly wipe it away, else use spray bottle to cover the area and soak for a minute or two.

Pic of the issue might help us get a grip on this.

I am guessing, it must be white cement or worse (real pain). Just check if vinegar works, else we might have to go for stronger chemical.
prithm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2017, 12:29   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
Do not know if this is the right place to put in my query, or if this has been answered before.

The last rainy season, the car was parked in my wife's office basement parking. Some parts of the building are still under construction. So, this particular day it was raining, and some water (supposedly-as told by my wife) seeped through the gaps/expansion joints on the roof of the basement, and fell on the windshield. I am assuming this was water that was mixed with the white cement/whitewash/powder like substance that you usually find on floors of under construction buildings.

This has left a stain on my windshield - I tried cleaning with soap water, but no luck. With the winters & fog setting in, I feel this might lead to a visibility problem.

Sorry for bumping the old thread, but I have the exact same problem. Did you manage to get the stains off?
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote