Team-BHP - Help With Water Marks on Windshield
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Help With Water Marks on Windshield (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/35151-help-water-marks-windshield.html)

I've been witnessing a strange problem, my car is parked in open and last for last 10 days it so happened that water kept falling every hour on my car. This has resulted on water drying up on windshield and make marks on it. Now I've tried really hard to clean it with plain water/ soap solution / colin and other stuff but the marks are not going.
Experts please help me out as the same is creating lots of problem for me in driving in night.

Thanks In Advance

Colin might not be helpful as the chemical or salt that the water contained has sort of solidified on the windshield. Do you have other glass cleaners? There's one available from vista which is pretty good. Spray liberally on the effected area and wait for a while. Then rub with a soft cloth.

This typically happens when glass is exposed to hard water for quite sometime and allowed to dry.

Actually cleaning a car regularly with soft water will remove some of the hard water salts.

If this does not seem to work, please visit Windshield experts.

Has anybody taken help of windshield expert for the same? Any idea what are the charges for similar job by them.

They are not too expensive. Actually they might do it for free or for a minimal charge if the problem is not too serious. Atleast the ones in Bangalore are very helpful and show real interest in your issues.

If you think you would scratch your windshield trying to remove the stain, please take it to them.

Even if your entire windshield has to be replaced, they are cheaper than the dealers.

Will surely not like to replace the entire windshield as i've got the front windshield applied with Lumar sunfilm worth 5800/- 4 months back

Windshield Experts ??
are there any contact nos for bombay ?
are the located in south bombay ?

well i have a cleaner for my tires and wheels, it says "dissolves brake dust and road grime", the brand name is "STREET APPEAL PROFESSIONAL", bought this from BIG baazar's dollar shop, here in Hyderabad, i once used this to clean the tar like thing that comes under the door panels used by the manufacturers to paste the plastic sheet beneath the door panel.

accidentally this tar like thing this got stuck to my doors while my new swift was getting ICED, and used this clear worked way effectively with out having any kind of effects on the car's paint!

i suggest you either go to the windshield experts or get this kind of grime dissolver and clean the salts that have deposited! its just that you need to use it in the concentrated form for cleaning the salt initially and later use lots of water to dilute it out and clean it off the surface where it was applied so that it does not react with the actual material!

i have been using it for like 2 months now and i apply it once a week on my tyres and wheels and they stay like new for the whole week!

here is a picture of the same!
Help With Water Marks on Windshield-120353.jpg

Windshield Repair, Auto Glass and Auto Safety Glass Replacement Services Center India

this site should give you all the address you need on the shops near you!

take a green lemon and slice it into 1/2 , remove the seeds with the knife's edge. Pick a spot and rub the lemon on it in small circles. after every 15 or 20 turns , wipe with soft absorbant cloth , repeat process till your salt comes off.

Hi Tool,

> Windshield Experts ?? are there any contact nos for bombay ?
> are the located in south bombay ?

They have a toll free number - 1800-11-3636.

Check their site at Windshield Repair, Auto Glass and Auto Safety Glass Replacement Services Center India for outlets that you need.

try vista glass cleaner.should cost you RS.65/-its good.ive been using this for a year.its good.
hard water is the reason for these deposits.

@rrnsss Does that actually work? As i too have this problem on my bolero and have tried many stuff but it never worked.

you can try lemon or white vinegar. will work for sure.

regards,

Yes, it should certainly work.

Reason? these are deposits that are not soluble in water but are in acid.

If white vinegar is taking too long to do the job, try Harpic (Toilet Bowl cleaner) Liquid!

Nopes nothing of the above have worked on my Honda city windsheild. Mine was totally filled with watermarks in all my windows n winsheild.
Best solution, But for this one has to suffer the arm pain for a week or so,
Get a soft rubbing compound(Motomax) , apply it on the winsheild, take a soft cloth and keep on rubbing it against winsheild with a bit of force.Keep continuing the rubbing in circles, Once the rubbing becomes a bit hard water marks tends to disapper, then the glass tends to become clear.
I'm sure 100% this will workout but one needs to put in a lot of effort for this.
Now all my glass looks as new, but to cleanup all I took almost 1 week(each glass a day)