Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 5th February 2008, 21:24   #1

Default Need suggestions about over hauling Accent

Hello Guys,

I drive 2002 Accent GLS with about 70000 KMs done. Currently I see different issues but mostly in these 2 categories.

1. Noise from the car. I used to get this mostly from the dashboard. But I'm now at a level I can remove the dashboard and fix everytime I hear some noise from it. Also, I hear underbody noise from steering column and the suspension time to time. Last time Advaith took 6 months to find one rusted nut causing squeaking noise from the front suspension. And now I have same complaint from rear suspension. I do not want to do this again and again. Can we strip it to bear bones and re assemble and fix any issues while doing so? Does this sound ridiculous? Can this be done and if so how much should I be ready to pay? I stay in Bangalore and would like to know a reliable place to have it done.

2. Issues with the engine. This engine is noisy time to time and HLAs were replaced last year. Also, from time to time it feels like it's out of tune. I personally feel that this engine may need a round of overhauling. Now, can this be done and is there any advantage of doing so? How much this may cost? And is there a good alternative to Hyundais in Bangalore?
rchandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 23:24   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Does this sound ridiculous?
You bet it does. Expecting any 70,000 km run midsizer to remain rattle-free on our roads is a bit over the top. Don't pay so much attention to the sounds. Turn the volume up and enjoy the music instead!

Quote:
I personally feel that this engine may need a round of overhauling.
Only a compression test will tell whether your engine needs an overhaul or not. If you have got the oil changed on time, I wouldn't think engine work is necessary so early.
GTO - Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 08:21   #3

. It's just that I've a thing about sounds. Not only with the cars but otherwise too, I'm too sensitive to the sounds at home, work and same when driving also.

Other than the plastic parts inside, I was wondering if what I suggested would make any difference at all if I open up the car. I was used to more silent cars and I'm stuck with this for now coz of some financial ties.

And what exactly is a compression test you're referring to? Should I check with Advaith Hyundai or should I try outside?
rchandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2008, 20:47   #4
BHPian

An engine compression test will tell you whether the pistons,rings,bore are worn out or damaged.It'll tell you if the inlet or exhaust valves have failed or seated properly.It is usually done by a compression gauge.
TARUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 15:13   #5

why dont you try for decarbornize engine as it took 1100 rs in mumbai ..
and that to will clear u r engine ...and may u find some less noise
mabhi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 16:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's just that I've a thing about sounds. Not only with the cars but otherwise too, I'm too sensitive to the sounds at home, work and same when driving also.
You should buy yourself a German car.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2008, 13:05   #7

As per the engine noise you have to clean the HLA ,clean the oil pump and the oil stainer and replace the engine oil and oil filter.
msandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 02:42   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchandan View Post
2. Issues with the engine. This engine is noisy time to time and HLAs were replaced last year. Also, from time to time it feels like it's out of tune. I personally feel that this engine may need a round of overhauling. Now, can this be done and is there any advantage of doing so? How much this may cost? And is there a good alternative to Hyundais in Bangalore?
at 70,000 km Accent is not ready for engine overhaul. Mine had done 80k KM and i can still feel the power in it. Check your Oxygen Sensor. It may be an Issue because detuning and load noise occurs in Problematic Oxygen Sensor.
Gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote