Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 9th February 2008, 10:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

lets see i think i have to write an email to the MUL engineers and clarify these points. also when the dealers say that u havent filled in gud fuel i feel like smashing their heads and asking them to open their own petrol pumps so that everyone will fill pure petrol there itseld and these buggers wont deny any warranty due to bad fuel.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 10:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

My two cents:

After getting my Accord V6 3.0 in August 2004, I started filling HP Power. After the first tankfull I noticed a very funny behaviour:

It took a bit longer in the mornings to start. After the powerplant reached its optimum temperature, I noticed knocking and jerking when the gear used to downshift at lower speeds. Mine is an AT.

I mentioned this at my first free service at the ASC and the first question that the service supervisor asked was if I was using premium fuel.. On my affirmative answer he immediately asked me to discontinue. I was sceptical but did as he told.

All the above ills stopped dramatically. But being sceptical, I tried once again a tankfull with HP Power (I've been fuelling all my cars from this one particular pump only). The symptoms returned. Ever since I don't use premium fuel in Accord and aslo in my other vehicles..
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote